Clear All

• Demar's last two games
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Still taking a lot of long 2s
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Yeah well of course, if he's missing shots and keeps taking them I'll be upset. But he's been hitting them all series so I've got no complaints so far.

And I was only mentioning the 4th quarter where he made a great effort to get closer to the paint and dishing out the ball when necessary. Star play in that quarter for him.
        The major complaint hasn't been the success rate on the act of poor shot selection. The consistent complaint has been the act itself. Now it's effective because they're falling and silence is restored. That's all I'm saying. Next bad shooting nice it'll blow up again and the shot selection won't look much different than the last two games.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          The major complaint hasn't been the success rate on the act of poor shot selection. The consistent complaint has been the act itself. Now it's effective because they're falling and silence is restored. That's all I'm saying. Next bad shooting nice it'll blow up again and the shot selection won't look much different than the last two games.
          It's the coverage. The last couple of game sDD has been taking longish two's but without tight or double coverage. And he can make those all night long most nights. He is losing his cover on screens and fades. When he takes the long twos while tightly covered, or against double coverage, that's when you want to beat him with a stick.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            It's the coverage. The last couple of game sDD has been taking longish two's but without tight or double coverage. And he can make those all night long most nights. He is losing his cover on screens and fades. When he takes the long twos while tightly covered, or against double coverage, that's when you want to beat him with a stick.
            yep.

while I still am wary of Demar 2 point jumpers being so important in our offence, it's been going in lately because Cleveland has barely been putting a hand up.

There have been several "god damn it demar" shots though, that happened to drop in our wins.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              yep.

while I still am wary of Demar 2 point jumpers being so important in our offence, it's been going in lately because Cleveland has barely been putting a hand up.

There have been several "god damn it demar" shots though, that happened to drop in our wins.
              My leading concern is that while the shots have been falling and better shots because of less coverage against Cleveland... they aren't different shots. They're largely the shots he takes regardless of coverage or situation.

It's the good and bad of DeMar. When he hits them and has space, it looks like g3 and g4 against Cleveland. When he's up against a long defender and has no space, it looks like the Indiana series.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Getting it done without getting to the line though - pretty impressive adaptation there.

Comment

• I've noticed (or at least it feels like) we've been seeing a lot more double-screens, and sometimes even triple screens for Derozan, which seems to be something Casey is taking a shining to more and more, and its working, clearly. Demar has been getting some great looks, and he's moving off-ball really well, which is something that will hopefully translate going forward ... assuming there is a 'going forward' with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    I've noticed (or at least it feels like) we've been seeing a lot more double-screens, and sometimes even triple screens for Derozan, which seems to be something Casey is taking a shining to more and more, and its working, clearly. Demar has been getting some great looks, and he's moving off-ball really well, which is something that will hopefully translate going forward ... assuming there is a 'going forward' with him.
                    I think that is partially because Cleveland (and Miami) are switching screens pretty much every time. We can find the matchup we want with these multi screens. I'm surprised Cleveland is switching so much to be honest. Made sense with Miami since they were playing Winslow at C, but the Cavs even allowed Frye to switch on to Demar, and that's not a situation that they should be allowing too easily.

To weigh in on the "Demar is making shots now so...", Demar has looked much more decisive and involved in the offence. Far fewer possessions where he pounds the dribble for eternity, which is preventing the defence from getting set. One of the big issues with our offence has been the over reliance on using screens to simply get DD the ball at the top/wing and then dribble at a set defence. By reducing that dribble dribble, we are actually using the screens to pressure the defence, and Demar has been making better decisions against the defences that are rotating. His passing and defence have been better the last couple of games too. Saying that DD is simply making more shots is selling him short; he's actually started playing significantly better which has resulted in making more shots, not the other way around.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DeMar has been making good shots, and missing long two's at about his normal rate.

Over the last two games, he's 10/13 inside 10 feet. He's 7/8 in that 10-15 foot range (the sort of midrange shots he should be taking). And he's 9/26 from further out.

So, yes, he's been making more shots than usual, but it's the good shots he's been making at a better rate, which is fine with me. This isn't just him getting hot on his bad shots, it's him being rewarded for getting closer to the basket. And, yes, the distribution is still not great (though much, much better than in earlier rounds). But so long as he is dominating inside the team can live with a few tough shots from outside.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Will be interesting to see how JV's return may affect the space or spacing with which DeMar has to work with.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Will be interesting to see how JV's return may affect the space or spacing with which DeMar has to work with.
                          In a good way or bad one? Biyombo/JJ have taken most of the C minutes with only a few going to all-spacing lineups. I think it helps more than hurts (especially with that DD/JV two man game being so freaking deadly).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Majority of his shots have been contested. Thier just going in but, if they weren't people would be calling them bad shots. Same shots just diffrent out come. Its a make or miss league.
                            Even if they are they are same shots, shooting them over JR Smith is a whole different decision than shooting them over Paul George or Luol Deng. Plus Smith isn't going to be bodying him and preventing him from getting to his spots. And there's no Myles or Whiteside/Joe Johnson to block him at the rim when he blindly forces a drive.

If he truly was taking the same shots he would be going iso against Lebron like he did against PG. Thanks jeebus he's not.

Anyway, he's playing great. First 2 rounds were not great matchups for him and he didn't change much, or any, of his game to compensate. Now he has the advantage and is um, taking advantage of the advantage.
                            Last edited by Mess; Wed May 25, 2016, 11:40 AM.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                I remember that tweet. I shortly after joined RR.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X