Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Read my above post. Jrue's best season (2012-13) is not even comparable to DeMar's (2013-14), and is not even as good as the season he had this year either.
    He played on a 33 win team his allstar year. That is how good he was.

There are two sides to the ball.

Stats are great but alone they don't tell the whole story.

So what is the debate here again? People say DD has more trade value than Jrue in 2013?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      He played on a 33 win team his allstar year. That is how good he was.

There are two sides to the ball.

Stats are great but alone they don't tell the whole story.

So what is the debate here again? People say DD has more trade value than Jrue in 2013?
      Not sure what the debate was but you're the one who had to go and say Jrue is/was better than DeRozan when he clearly isn't lol.

Comment

• Watch DeMar leave the Raptors and magically become an efficient scorer that can shoot 3's.

Comment

Not sure what the debate was but you're the one who had to go and say Jrue is/was better than DeRozan when he clearly isn't lol.
          DeRozan fans crack me up.

Holiday was an allstar on a 33-win team at 22 years of age signed to a 4 year reasonable contract and returned 6th pick and a future first that was also probable to be a lottery pick since Pelicans play in the west. He averaged 18/4/8/1.6 on 43/37/75 shooting at 22.

Whatever man.

Comment

• Bye, DeMar. No way you're worth the max. Trade him for assets while we can, Masai.

Comment

• Wolstat's report is exactly what I'm afraid of..

Masai has three options:

- Trade him (longer he waits the worse his return)
              - Resign him and hope he makes less than $20M (more like less than $17M)
              - Let him walk if he wants more, but get no assets back.

Not going to get anything of significance in a S&T since every team will have cap space. Trade deadline moves are never made anymore so that's a wash. If his agent wants $23M now, then he's going to want it a year from now. I say cut the cord. Don't lose an asset for nothing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Wolstat's report is exactly what I'm afraid of..

Masai has three options:

- Trade him (longer he waits the worse his return)
                - Resign him and hope he makes less than $20M (more like less than $17M)
                - Let him walk if he wants more, but get no assets back.

Not going to get anything of significance in a S&T since every team will have cap space. Trade deadline moves are never made anymore so that's a wash. If his agent wants $23M now, then he's going to want it a year from now. I say cut the cord. Don't lose an asset for nothing.
                There are two other options as well. Darker options.

- Resign him at whatever the cost, because you've deemed him worthy, and part of your core going forward.
                - Resign him at whatever the cost, to keep him as an asset with the hopes of flipping him within a couple of years.

"Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• So just checking, we're all comfortable with paying JV 22M a year yes...?

Comment

So just checking, we're all comfortable with paying JV 22M a year yes...?
                    Raptors control him, if another team offers 22M match then trade otherwise what he is worth.

Comment

So just checking, we're all comfortable with paying JV 22M a year yes...?
                      1. If JV plays his way into a max deal, yes.
                      2. As an RFA, we can let the market dictate his value. We are in firm control of his next four-five years, unlike DeMar.
                      3. It's unlikely JV gets the 2016 post-rookie max if Casey is still the coach.
                      4. If he does earn it, and if forced to choose, I'm far more comfortable with giving $20mm a year to an efficient double-double machine than a long-2 iso guard. Low-efficiency volume scoring is the easiest commodity to replace in the NBA.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        There are two other options as well. Darker options.

- Resign him at whatever the cost, because you've deemed him worthy, and part of your core going forward.
                        - Resign him at whatever the cost, to keep him as an asset with the hopes of flipping him within a couple of years.

These options scare the sh!t out of me.. especially option 1.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          These options scare the sh!t out of me.. especially option 1.
                          But it's possible. Especially if the guy who OKed 'Raptors905' has anything at all to do with player management.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            But it's possible. Especially if the guy who OKed 'Raptors905' has anything at all to do with player management.
                            It would be ironic if the team can't get a 905 number and people need to dial 289 or 365

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Raptors control him, if another team offers 22M match then trade otherwise what he is worth.
                              That argument doesn't make sense.

I imagine DeRozan would also give the Raptors an opportunity to match any offer he's given considering the relationship he's built with the franchise and city over the years.

Comment

That argument doesn't make sense.

I imagine DeRozan would also give the Raptors an opportunity to match any offer he's given considering the relationship he's built with the franchise and city over the years.
                                It's hard to get a young healthy 7' center in the NBA but SG aren't hard to find especially if they can't shoot well. A center under contract is tradeable but a guard on a big deal isnt like Eric Gordon.

Comment

Working...
                                X