Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    A thought re: DeMar and tanking. I had a thought last night about what the ideal way to keep DeMar and tank is, while still developing him as a player.

Play DeMar at the point.

Let him be the floor general. His floor vision has improved this year, so let's give him a chance to really call plays and lead this team on the floor. He'll not be too good at it initially and he's not quite fast enough to guard against true PGs, so we'll lose a lot of games. But DeMar will gain experience he can't get any other way.

Thoughts?
    This is the worse Idea I've ever heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

A thought re: DeMar and tanking. I had a thought last night about what the ideal way to keep DeMar and tank is, while still developing him as a player.

Play DeMar at the point.

Let him be the floor general. His floor vision has improved this year, so let's give him a chance to really call plays and lead this team on the floor. He'll not be too good at it initially and he's not quite fast enough to guard against true PGs, so we'll lose a lot of games. But DeMar will gain experience he can't get any other way.

Thoughts?
      He still has the ball-handling skills of Betty White. So no.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Thats one way to gve the team a nickname The Toronto Turnovers T.O

Turnover City! T.O City! T.dot.Over! Thats his thing this summer more handle work, defense work and a floater shot.

Comment

Play DeMar at the point.

Thoughts?
          I'd at least give it a try for a couple games. Can't hurt if the plan actually is tanking.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• i like it magoon

Comment

• Rudy was complete blackhole in Toronto.

#Iloveballmovement

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Rudy was complete blackhole in Toronto.

#Iloveballmovement
                Yep everyone's assists are up. Lowry is at like 9 a game since the deal.

Comment

• DeMar DeRizen

Comment

• I had no idea it was his fiancé yelling and counting down the shot clock every game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Rudy was complete blackhole in Toronto.

#Iloveballmovement
                      Who would have known that Gay had snipers hidden in the stands that had orders, to shoot to kill if anyone passed the ball?

Comment

Play DeMar at the point.

Thoughts?
                        That's the best idea I've ever heard, by the time we're ready to compete he would have experience at the point which will only lead to more skills, ofcourse it'll be bad at first, but you have to fail before you succeed!

Maybe not 24/7 at the point, but a significant amount of time at the point would make effects to his game!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Play DeMar at the point.

Thoughts?

I think that's a great idea, playing at point for him will only give him experience which will lead to better skills, aslong as we're tanking it won't hurt. Ofcourse itll be hard to watch at first, but it'll only make him better for the future, isn't that what tanking is, losing to make your future better?

Not full time at PG bit a significant amount of time will only make him better!
                          Last edited by JordanMariam14; Tue Dec 31, 2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Sorry guys I'm new to tapatalk, how do I delete a post?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Demar at the point is a terrible idea. He has barely adequate handles for the SG. He can barely deal with pressure. He is improving his court vision but he is not a great passer.

So, yes, we'll lose more games, but the two biggest risks are:
                              1. You stunt the development of other players, who won't get the ball. As it is Val doesn't get enough working plays. TRoss is only just starting to benefit from Lowry trusting him more.
                              2. You could severely damage Demar's confidence. Look at what happened to Rudy after he put on all the weight. Not only was his lift and form affected, but you could see he was totally frustrated and on tilt.
                              3. You ruin the value of your PGs by playing them off the ball.

I wish you could gain new skills by playing another position, but that typically only works for developing players. Demar's cleared 10,000 minutes and the risks outweigh the benefits.

Comment

• Agree totally with the above, other than barely adequate handles. He doesn't have yo yo handles but he controls the ball well and has a low turnover rate. Handles doesn't just mean breaking guys down off the bounce. Look at Lebron for example. Rarely does he dazzle you with spectacular dribble moves, but he gets where he needs to without losing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X