Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    So what are you most disappointed about? Is it the 10% higher he is shooting from the field than Bargnani did in his second season in the league?
    Disappointed in:

-poor defense
    -cant keep his man in front of him
    -poor decision making in clutch situations
    -lack of drive to the basket
    -no 3pt shot (although to his credit, he realizes this and doesnt throw up bricks like Weems)
    -didn't win the dunk off 2 yrs in a row

I'm not saying I don't like DD. I'm just saying I think the expecations were higher.

Comment

• Hey, if we get rid of Bargs and Jose we take off 4.5 turnovers per game.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
        Hey, if we get rid of Bargs and Jose we take off 4.5 turnovers per game.
        And lose about 30 pts!

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
          In the aim of fairness, how bout you personal message me your thoughts and we can arrange a time to meet. I will state my opinion to your face and we will see what you do.

In the meantime, since you have nothing to say about this thread, why post here?
          calm down boys....no reason to get nasty....
          Apollo, i think you need to get in the middle of this....

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
            them's fighting words.

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
              Your lucky you can hide behind Raptors Republic to voice your opinion, because if you said this shit to people who were physically visible, you would get beat up.
              Internet thugs...*yawn*
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                I agree, I think threats of violence must be a violation on this board!!

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Just because you get a block or a steal doesn't mean you were playing good defense. A block can be a result of playing good defense (for example rotating properly and protecting the lane) or bad defense (trying to block everything, whether they get out of position to do so or not) and you can get a steal as a result of good defense (staying in front of your man and moving your feet while deflecting a pass) or bad defense (gambling). Usually the guys that gets steals and blocks from bad defense play on bad teams, which is why you take numbers like that from a player on a bad team with a grain of salt.

An example. I play basketball often with a guy who is a great shotblocker, but is not a good defender. He absolutely loves to block shots, so will try and jump after anything close to him, and he gets a lot of blocks. He also allows a lot of easy baskets because he falls for a lot of fakes, gets himself out of position a lot and often lets a man drive by him in order to block him from behind. Sometimes this results in a block, sometimes a layup. If he, instead of trying to block as many shots as he does, would simply play good solid defense, move his feet and use his length, rather than his jumping ability, to disrupt the shot, it would be a lot harder to score on him.

When I'm bringing the ball up the court, I'm a good enough ball handler that it's rare I'll turn the ball over, but that doesn't stop a lot of guys from trying to pressure me and gamble to try and steal the ball. What usually happens when a defender does this is I will use his gamble to drive by him and either go for a layup or draw another defender to give my teammate a good shot. Instead of trying to go for a steal, what the defender should have done is simply moved his feet to stay in front of me. It might not have resulted in a steal, but it also, more than likely, wouldn't have resulted in an open shot for my team.

So in these last two cases, going for a block or a steal was a bad thing.

If you chuck up a dozen half court shots, just because you make one of them doesn't mean it was a good shot. It was still a bad shot, it just went in.
                  Sorry Tim but i think you need to put your arguments and contents in perspective, i admire the comparisons and examples, but youre veering way too out of context.

We're talking about the NBA here, not pickup games. Although your points are valid and well noted, it doesnt really fall into context. You cant compare, no offense, a guy playing in a pickup game to pro basketball. We were talking about good defense in an NBA setting, not in any gym across the world. If you consider every gym in north america then heck i consider myself a good, no, make it an excellent defender coz i can keep an opposing player in front of me. im pretty sure i can average 3 stls a game without "gambling" on the defensive end. But can i do that consistently, 48 minutes a game, 82 games in 5 months against 6 - 7 foot 200 pounders? i dont think so. so if i can defend guys my size or even a bit bigger, then that makes me a good defender right? but if you put me in the NBA, and i cant guard anybody, does that make me a bad defender? of course it will change depending on the setting. anyways, i think ive proven my point on that one.

back to your examples. ok, lets take mcgee. can you honestly say that mcgee waits for opposing players to take a shot just to block them? that he makes it his mission to block every damn shot he sees? be sensible. he may be trying to block every shot, but those shots are well within his reach, you could say his defensive coverage area. i mean it would be ludicrous to think that he's running across the floor everytime just to block an opponent's shot. same with steals.

again, same analogy with half court shots. who takes half court shots? if a player consistently chucks 20 shots a game and makes only 2 every time, then he is a bad scorer. but there's no such player in the NBA.

i think we've gone way overboard on this back and forth, so im waving the white flag and calling it quits. onto the next topic!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                    Internet thugs...*yawn*
                    3:00pm. after school, behind the firewall. I'm going to kick the shit out of your IP Address. You better be wearing a fresh pair of DNS masks, or else i'm going to send you straight to the emergency room of webhelp.com.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      them's fighting words.
                      charge!!!!

Comment

3:00pm. after school, behind the firewall. I'm going to kick the shit out of your IP Address. You better be wearing a fresh pair of DNS masks, or else i'm going to send you straight to the emergency room of webhelp.com.
                        hahahahahahaha that is awesome.

Comment

I got a few worms I'm going to spam you with...but don't worry I'll use my trojan to protect your firewall

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
                            Your lucky you can hide behind Raptors Republic to voice your opinion, because if you said this shit to people who were physically visible, you would get beat up.
                            seriously man, you havent even contributed anything to this thread and thats the first thing you come up with.
                            this is the reality of forums man, you are hiding behind the forum, it is what allows you to convey your opinion as openly as possible. and why would you punch somebody who says DD is not the best player? either youre his mom, relative or himself, other than those, that would be just plain creepy.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                              Disappointed in:

-poor defense
                              -cant keep his man in front of him
                              -poor decision making in clutch situations
                              -lack of drive to the basket
                              -no 3pt shot (although to his credit, he realizes this and doesnt throw up bricks like Weems)
                              all of those are stuff that bargnani doesn't do, not demar i think your getting the 2 confused. Btw the dunk contest was rigged no one thought blake griffin should have won that and same with nate robinson last year.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                all of those are stuff that bargnani doesn't do, not demar i think your getting the 2 confused. Btw the dunk contest was rigged no one thought blake griffin should have won that and same with nate robinson last year.
                                Shouldnt u be in school young'n

Comment

Working...
                                X