No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So to throw a new angle on this, I would much prefer a convo of people saying even just what they hope, specifically, will be the payoff if he can improve his handles, rather than the realgm style blind comments like "that shit is tight!", "sweet", "way to go DeMar, you rock!" or whatever the hell from these useless clips we see.

I've already said for myself, the thing I will be looking for the most is whether he has those shaky handles that resulted far too often in bad unforced turnovers.

I'm also hoping it gives him more comfort/confidence dribbling with his head up so he's a bit more aware for making passes, especially on the p'n'r. I'm not sure if that was the main reason he would look guys off, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of it...put your head down and attack, and focusing so much on getting to the basket you can't adjust on the fly as well.

I have tons of interest in discussing DeMar's handles, and what could be improved and would be exciting to see....but yeah, nothing to actually get excited about, results-wise, at the moment. (*And sorry, another four paragraphs )

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I'm not saying you shouldn't. But I'm not, and I don't understand why people are. Again, it's not like you're getting excited about seeing him actually play (his run on USA was extremely limited). That's why I compared it to getting excited about watching Shaq hit some free throws in a similar offseason clip. It really just doesn't tell you anything. I mean, we've seen him in vids practicing at whatever dribbling camp he's at....of him dribbling through an empty wal-mart...

As for the "essay", it was not about getting excited, it was actually countering chico's point about overplaying the issues with DeMar's handles.
      To each is there own. I myself and starving for Raptors basketball and as the season gets close I will continue to be excited about anything that resembles positive news regarding the players and the organization. You don't have to.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• http://instagram.com/p/tbKCX7sjim/

Just another one.

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
          That last shot
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I get that we should wait to see if it translates into actual games before we get too ahead of ourselves but I can't believe you guys are getting so pissed because people are excited about videos they're are seeing of DD. In those videos his handles look improved. What is wrong with getting excited and hoping that it translates to the games? It's like you guys don't want anyone getting excited about anything. If you can't get excited at this time of year, when pretty much every fan of every team normally does, then when can you? You guys really need to chill man. Aren't you guys a fan of this team? Like what's with all this debbie downer shit.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Off-season is almost over. Then we'll find out.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• If he can have an average three point shot I think he'll get to 25 PPG
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  I get that we should wait to see if it translates into actual games before we get too ahead of ourselves but I can't believe you guys are getting so pissed because people are excited about videos they're are seeing of DD. In those videos his handles look improved. What is wrong with getting excited and hoping that it translates to the games? It's like you guys don't want anyone getting excited about anything. If you can't get excited at this time of year, when pretty much every fan of every team normally does, then when can you? You guys really need to chill man. Aren't you guys a fan of this team? Like what's with all this debbie downer shit.
                  i don't see anyone here getting pissed. and really, you should be the last person here to try and tell other people to not be debbie downers.

this argument isn't about whether people are allowed to be excited or not. its about people saying that its apparently quite evident his handles are a lot better due to very shoddy evidence. thats pretty much it.

i hope we continue to be one of the best 4th quarter teams in the league, but that should also mean we get some plays to actually leave the shooters hands rather than off their foot.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    i don't see anyone here getting pissed. and really, you should be the last person here to try and tell other people to not be debbie downers.

this argument isn't about whether people are allowed to be excited or not. its about people saying that its apparently quite evident his handles are a lot better due to very shoddy evidence. thats pretty much it.

i hope we continue to be one of the best 4th quarter teams in the league, but that should also mean we get some plays to actually leave the shooters hands rather than off their foot.
                    When have you ever seen DeRozan use handles like that in a game ever before? Looks a lot better than the times he dribbled off his foot, right? He didn't even attempt a crossover those times did he? That's why we say his handles look good. And no one was even saying much, there were literally three comments that even mention how much that poster thought his handles had improved (and two of those comments were by the same poster!). And for this you had to come in and act all arrogant like others are stupid for even thinking those videos mean anything. It just really wasn't necessary at all.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• the only thing im scared about is how much we gonna have to pay this guy when he becomes an unrestricted free agent

if hayward got max, parsons got $15 mill, bledsoe got $14 mill a year, this guy is worth at least $16 mill in comparison, but it would be hard to add another difference maker when you got DD being paid, and JV+Ross extensions

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Those handles are looking pretty tight!
                        I believe they took exception to this ...

I really can't begin to see the problem with this comment.

In that particular environment, they are in fact, looking tight. Toight even.
                        Where before I would have considered Demars dribbling skills on par with my own (I'm pretty good), now he is doing things I couldn't dream of. For me, there is obvious improvement.

How these translate to a game, I have no idea.
                        We all know the benefits of improved handles, so I saw no need to elaborate there, but you're right, how these handles work with several defenders on him, we have no idea.
                        But again, looking at the videos, several of which have been posted (like 20?) his handles are certainly improved in my eyes.

I agree that a video of Shaq hitting 5 in a row would mean nothing. But 20 videos of him doing that, and then hitting 10 in a row, and 20 in a row, would show me something though. Which is how I liken these.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

I understand that we should wait and see him do this in game before we get too carried away but I still stand by the fact that from the few videos that have been posted of Demar and seeing him in FIBA his handles look much improved. Sorry if that annoys anyone. But yes I will wait until real games are played before I make a complete my final judgement.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            When have you ever seen DeRozan use handles like that in a game ever before? Looks a lot better than the times he dribbled off his foot, right? He didn't even attempt a crossover those times did he? That's why we say his handles look good. And no one was even saying much, there were literally three comments that even mention how much that poster thought his handles had improved (and two of those comments were by the same poster!). And for this you had to come in and act all arrogant like others are stupid for even thinking those videos mean anything. It just really wasn't necessary at all.
                            Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• That shit is tight! Sweet! Way to go Demar, you rock!

Comment

• Gotta hand it to the kid. I like hearing this, and look forward to seeing the results:

“I feel more comfortable creating not just for myself now but my teammates too. I watched a lot of film and for me it takes away all that banging and physical stuff so to speak when you can just throw a three-combination move and get past a guy, get separation and get your shot off. It just allows me to be more comfortable with everything I do with the ball. I feel I can get fouled easier ... it just gives me so many more options to do things offensively.”
                                http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/29...ff-for-derozan

Comment

Working...
                                X