i read this story where KD can get up to nearly 50m a season
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        with the new deal coming in he'll be underpaid

guys will be getting 20m

That story would require a new CBA and likely something along the lines of a franchise tag.

With a $90m cap, the max will be around $24/25m.

DeRozan won't be underpaid. He'll be opting out as the new deal comes into effect. If you think he is not going to go after what he thinks is his market value then you are mistaken in my opinion.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          with the new deal coming in he'll be underpaid

guys will be getting 20m

Yeah, will be interesting to see how that shakes out. In today's dollars Id have a hard time paying him more than Kyle. Would like to see him get his shot selection under control before throwing franchise player / cap room crippling money at him.

Comment

• Using Afflalo as a comparable player example (there are some differences) ...he was just traded to the Blazers for what amounts to a 1st rnd pick falling in the mid 20s and some fodder. He becomes a f/a after this season, is 29 yrs. old and earns 7.36 mill this year.

Any opinions on using him as somewhat of a benchmark re DD's value going forward?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Using Afflalo as a comparable player example (there are some differences) ...he was just traded to the Blazers for what amounts to a 1st rnd pick falling in the mid 20s and some fodder. He becomes a f/a after this season, is 29 yrs. old and earns 7.36 mill this year.

Any opinions on using him as somewhat of a benchmark re DD's value going forward?
              Not comparable at all. Demar is not becoming a UFA in the offseason (raises his value), is only 25 (raises his value) and is a key cog on the number 2 team in the east.

Not saying DD's value is super high but it's without a doubt a lot higher than Afflalo's, and if I was a GM and any team offered me a late 1st and extras for DD, I'd laugh in their face and hang up.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Not comparable at all. Demar is not becoming a UFA in the offseason (raises his value), is only 25 (raises his value) and is a key cog on the number 2 team in the east.

Not saying DD's value is super high but it's without a doubt a lot higher than Afflalo's, and if I was a GM and any team offered me a late 1st and extras for DD, I'd laugh in their face and hang up.
                Fair points, all

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Using Afflalo as a comparable player example (there are some differences) ...he was just traded to the Blazers for what amounts to a 1st rnd pick falling in the mid 20s and some fodder. He becomes a f/a after this season, is 29 yrs. old and earns 7.36 mill this year.

I don't know if that is a good comparison.
                  Afflalo is 29, never an ALL STAR, had basically one good season in a loosing team surrounded by young guys.

DD is a young talent, already an All Star, has improved every year and no one knows what his limits are.

To me, Afflalo is a known commodity now and DD is not.

Plus, with the way T.R. has been playing, we REALLY need DD.

Add to that the team chemistry, DD's love for the city, his role in leadership and the locker room, the fact we drafted him, I think all add up to his value.

With the new TV deal, Raptors should be ready to pay DD 4 year 70+ million deal which I think will be fair.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    I don't know if that is a good comparison.
                    Afflalo is 29, never an ALL STAR, had basically one good season in a loosing team surrounded by young guys.

DD is a young talent, already an All Star, has improved every year and no one knows what his limits are.

Plus, with the way T.R. has been playing, we REALLY need DD.

Add to that the team chemistry, DD's love for the city, his role in leadership and the locker room, the fact we drafted him, I think all add up to his value.

With the new TV deal, Raptors should be ready to pay DD 4 year 70+ million deal which I think will be fair.
                    But your name is McRealistic?
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

I think we know what his limits are now. He's a third option on a contender with limited first-step creativity that forces him to either post up or shoot tough turnarounds. He has the ability to slash off screens and can draw fouls. But he's never going to be a superstar.

Also, he has not improved this year. His TS% is a career low 49%, which is 6th worst in the league out of the 97 players who have taken 500 FGAs.

DeMar should be getting at most Kyle Lowry money. But he's going to want a lot more, and we better decide sooner rather than later what our priorities are. Unless he makes a massive leap this playoffs we really have to start thinking about 2016 and what our plan is for the future.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        I think we know what his limits are now. He's a third option on a contender with limited first-step creativity that forces him to either post up or shoot tough turnarounds. He has the ability to slash off screens and can draw fouls. But he's never going to be a superstar.

Also, he has not improved this year. His TS% is a career low 49%, which is 6th worst in the league out of the 97 players who have taken 500 FGAs.

DeMar should be getting at most Kyle Lowry money. But he's going to want a lot more, and we better decide sooner rather than later what our priorities are. Unless he makes a massive leap this playoffs we really have to start thinking about 2016 and what our plan is for the future.
                        love him or hate him, the bolded is cringe-worthy and beyond defensible

Comment

Where did you get the stat from?
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• #TradeEm

Comment

I'm not sure if we truly know who Demar is. Or even who Lowry is, for that matter. The offensive system they are being asked to play is inflating their raw offensive stats and decreasing their efficiency. Same with Lou. This seems to be by Casey's design. He's letting those guys (and Vasquez & Ross), call plays on the fly, with a priority on limiting turnovers, and de-prioritizing ball movement. So what we're seeing is DD and Lowry's decision making acumen and ability to create shots against multiple defenders. With DD/Lowry, Casey's system distorts the lens so much, IMO, that I believe they would look completely different with another coach. I agree with most, that the system is causing DD to be overvalued to fair extent.

It's worked out great for both players because they've gotten all-star selections. And it's also inflating Lou's value. This type of system is great for players who can create off the dribble, draw contact and make ridiculous shots. It's deflating JV, Ross and Vasquez to some extent. The question is: will that work in the playoffs?

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

golden wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure if we truly know who Demar is. Or even who Lowry is, for that matter. The offensive system they are being asked to play is inflating their raw offensive stats and decreasing their efficiency. Same with Lou. This seems to be by Casey's design. He's letting those guys (and Vasquez & Ross), call plays on the fly, with a priority on limiting turnovers, and de-prioritizing ball movement. So what we're seeing is DD and Lowry's decision making acumen and ability to create shots against multiple defenders. With DD/Lowry, Casey's system distorts the lens so much, IMO, that I believe they would look completely different with another coach. I agree with most, that the system is causing DD to be overvalued to fair extent.

It's worked out great for both players because they've gotten all-star selections. And it's also inflating Lou's value. This type of system is great for players who can create off the dribble, draw contact and make ridiculous shots. It's deflating JV, Ross and Vasquez to some extent. The question is: will that work in the playoffs?
                                No it won't work. I promise you that.. Good scouting and a slow paced game will destroy the raptors philosophy.
                                What an unfortunate situation. The only benefit from success in the playoffs is that toronto might sound like a good place for free agents to come.
                                Other then that, there is no championship offensive system here. Without a Kevin durant or lebron James type player we can not win consistently playing like this..

As my mother often says "raptors are just lucky"

Today if we beat Dallas then what? Casey's system owns?
                                Nah, consistency > all.
                                I don't mind losing as long as its pretty, passing and taking open shots like the hawks.
                                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X