Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Alright, let's go there:

You're right, DeMar is not a superstar - just like every other player on this roster. So while we're trading DeMar because "he's not quite Kobe," let's also trade Lowry because he's not quite Chris Paul, we can trade Ross because he's not quite Klay Thompson, I think we should dump Amir since he's not quite Blake Griffin, then let's firesale Jonas as he's not quite Marc Gasol. As for the bench - well, we Lou Williams is no Ginobli, so get rid of him, etc. etc. etc. You know what else? Drake is no Jay-Z, so let's fire him, too. Casey is no Popovich, so he should go, and MU doesn't have a Pat Riley record yet, so let's can him too. Also, I think Golden State and Portland may have better fans. Let's just move the franchise to Seattle, because clearly nobody here is Michael Jordan.
    Don't get me wrong. Last guy said waive demar. That's ridiculous ...
    BUT...
    If jimmy butler for demar is an option , you take that without even thinking twice .
    If you think twice , you failed.
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Alright, let's go there:

You're right, DeMar is not a superstar - just like every other player on this roster. So while we're trading DeMar because "he's not quite Kobe," let's also trade Lowry because he's not quite Chris Paul, we can trade Ross because he's not quite Klay Thompson, I think we should dump Amir since he's not quite Blake Griffin, then let's firesale Jonas as he's not quite Marc Gasol. As for the bench - well, we Lou Williams is no Ginobli, so get rid of him, etc. etc. etc. You know what else? Drake is no Jay-Z, so let's fire him, too. Casey is no Popovich, so he should go, and MU doesn't have a Pat Riley record yet, so let's can him too. Also, I think Golden State and Portland may have better fans. Let's just move the franchise to Seattle, because clearly nobody here is Michael Jordan.
      This.

Can the "Chicken Little," mediocrity complex fans please stop with the rhetoric? Please?

Comment

• Let's trade Casey before these 2 guys

Casey for Shavlik Randolph?

Who says no?
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Let's trade Casey before these 2 guys

Casey for Shavlik Randolph?

Who says no?
          I do. The guy is worse than Steamer.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Holy shit, I agree with MACK11 on something. You'd move Casey before you'd trade JV, Derozan or Lowry.

I'm going to throw 2Pat in there too. He's not a star by any means but stretch 4's that can move their feet and defend have a lot of value and utility in today's game.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              Holy shit, I agree with MACK11 on something. You'd move Casey before you'd trade JV, Derozan or Lowry.

I'm going to throw 2Pat in there too. He's not a star by any means but stretch 4's that can move their feet and defend have a lot of value and utility in today's game.
              Agreed. Casey gets cut before any key player is shipped.. Ross not included.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                Holy shit, I agree with MACK11 on something. You'd move Casey before you'd trade JV, Derozan or Lowry.

Yeah, they do. Hence why I'd never move the guy. Either Lou or Ross need ta go if we do trade anyone. IF.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, they do. Hence why I'd never move the guy. Either Lou or Ross need ta go if we do trade anyone. IF.
                  Lou is valuable, and I would hate to see him go. However he could definitely be used way more effectively.

Comment

• I guess the point I am trying to make is that DD is wrong type of player to build around. A one dimensional player who may have some value on the trade market. I don't expect us to trade DD for a superstar, but if he can land us the piece(s) to acquire a superstar in the future would you make that trade. Furthermore, I do not believe the Raptors are properly utilizing or developing JV. So if they do not plan to make him a cornerstone of the team in the future should he be moved? Based on this conclusions you have my two options for a trade. Different players, different positions, different hierarchy on the team...but which trade would get the Raptors closer to being a contender?

Comment

• black angus wrote: View Post
                      I guess the point I am trying to make is that DD is wrong type of player to build around. A one dimensional player who may have some value on the trade market. I don't expect us to trade DD for a superstar, but if he can land us the piece(s) to acquire a superstar in the future would you make that trade. Furthermore, I do not believe the Raptors are properly utilizing or developing JV. So if they do not plan to make him a cornerstone of the team in the future should he be moved? Based on this conclusions you have my two options for a trade. Different players, different positions, different hierarchy on the team...but which trade would get the Raptors closer to being a contender?
                      The time to trade him was last summer. That's was when his value was at its peak. At this point it sends a bad message and realistically Idk who wants him, or how much they would give up for him. The talk last summer was him and the 1st (ended up being Bruno) for charlottes 1 (was 9 overall) and Henderson. Interesting to think about what could've happened.

lots of possibilities there...

Comment

• LOL! Trade DeRozan now? Fire Casey? Let's just give up on the franchise altogether, I can't take all this losing!

smh
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• This thread is too much. Good laughs....

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                            What's wrong with you guys? OP made good points. Demar is barely a superstar , yes barely. Well actually I don't even know if he's a superstar , he's an Allstar that's all.
                            He often gets too ahead of himself and thinks he's kobe.. I think we (fans and te team) have gassed him up too much.
                            I do like him personality wise and he has great work ethic , but he's simply not as skilled as many of you wish he was or are deceived to think he is.

Would love to know Raptors999 / oldscoolcool opinions

Jimmy butler is 5x DeRozan
                            1. This debate has raged across the Raptors fan base basically since DeMar's sophomore season.

2. Aside from a small minority, I think most forum members understand that DeMar is a good player with flaws. Hardly anyone considers him a superstar.

3. Whether or not you think there's merit in trading him, the likelihood is so low that it holds almost as much discussion value as signing Jimmy Butler. It just won't happen, because:
                            a) Masai values chemistry and continuity above all else.
                            b) The average fan would wonder why we're making changes with such a great record.
                            c) The upside is questionable relative to the downside.
                            .... Basically the same reasons we kept Casey.

That said, I expect this thread to go for thirty pages and for mcHappy to start calling everyone the District of DeRozan.

Comment

• those are good points.

as long as no one believes the shots he's taking (contested fade aways) are good shots as if he's Kobe , then we're good.
                              2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                It's like a real election, you can either vote for the lesser evil or throw your vote away.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X