X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    From DD:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...or-arthur.html

I'd be shocked if Ujiri doesn't get something done here.
    The thing is DD didn't turn around the franchise from being bad to good

Kyle Lowry did

Comment

• This is why Masai is my guy. Best GM in the league hands down. Dude knows what he's doing. This team can't afford to let a talent like DeRozan go.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        This is why Masai is my guy. Best GM in the league hands down. Dude knows what he's doing. This team can't afford to let a talent like DeRozan go.

Maybe it's just a smoke screen for something bigger I don't know with masai he always says something and does something else

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          How is DeMar's game not based on athleticism? If you're game is predicated on getting into the paint, and you lose your athleticism, you can't get there anymore.
          Lol it's not that straight forward. Look at Andre Miller. Guy lives in the paint and he's been slow his whole life. If DeMar was athletic as you think he was, he wouldn't have had as much trouble against Luol freaking Deng as he did.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Lol it's not that straight forward. Look at Andre Miller. Guy lives in the paint and he's been slow his whole life. If DeMar was athletic as you think he was, he wouldn't have had as much trouble against Luol freaking Deng as he did.
            Demar could have absolutely destroyed deng but he was settling for jumpers instead of attacking the basket he is not the quickest athlete but he is very athletic especially off balance

Comment

• DeMar's game really isn't about athleticism. It's about touch around the basket and willingness to initiate contact, and having a reputation as a scorer that earns his pump fake a lot of respect. He's not the fastest guy out there, or the best leaper. He's strong, but not a machine like some wings.

I think his game ages well, personally, as in theory the decision making that is his greatest drawback should improve with time and experience.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                DeMar's game really isn't about athleticism. It's about touch around the basket and willingness to initiate contact, and having a reputation as a scorer that earns his pump fake a lot of respect. He's not the fastest guy out there, or the best leaper. He's strong, but not a machine like some wings.

I think his game ages well, personally, as in theory the decision making that is his greatest drawback should improve with time and experience.
                DanH can re resign DD and BB and stay under cap?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  DanH can re resign DD and BB and stay under cap?
                  Only if we trade Ross for no returning salary (or make another such trade dumping salary).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Only if we trade Ross for no returning salary (or make another such trade dumping salary).
                    Even then wouldn't we be like 10m over after re-signing DeMar?

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                      Even then wouldn't we be like 10m over after re-signing DeMar?
                      We would sign Biyombo first using the cap space and use Demar's bird rights to go over the cap to sign him after.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        It's really hard to find any comparables for DeMar, because high usage guards who don't shoot the 3 tend to either peak WAY higher than DeMar(McGrady, Kobe, Jordan), or way lower. Spent some time looking for historical comparables, and found it's really difficult.
                        Jerry Stackhouse was nearly identical numbers entering this season.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          We would sign Biyombo first using the cap space and use Demar's bird rights to go over the cap to sign him after.
                          Pretty sure that doesn't work because DeMar's cap hold would take up the space unless the team gave up his rights, which would mean they couldn't go over to sign him after if we used that cap space on Biz.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                            Pretty sure that doesn't work because DeMar's cap hold would take up the space unless the team gave up his rights, which would mean they couldn't go over to sign him after if we used that cap space on Biz.
                            Cap hold takes up 15M. If we trade Ross, we'd clear 13M+ in cap room even with that DD cap hold sitting there. So we sign BB with that cap space, then sign DD to his max (or so) contract, moving 10M+ over the cap.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Cap hold takes up 15M. If we trade Ross, we'd clear 13M+ in cap room even with that DD cap hold sitting there. So we sign BB with that cap space, then sign DD to his max (or so) contract, moving 10M+ over the cap.
                              Right, which requires trading Ross and getting no salary back. Hopefully that's the plan. Though I'm still bracing myself to be very unhappy with the salary DeRozan gets. Can't help but thinking, though it will never happen, we'd be better just keeping the mediocre Ross at his salary, rather than giving the mediocre DeRozan a superstar level salary.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                                I know that, but the original question was can we sign Biyombo and DeRozan and stay under the cap. The answer to that is no unless we were to start trading away more than just Ross. As soon as we re-signed DeMar we'd be over.

Comment

Working...
                                X