Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    ^^^^

>>>>> is the much more Superb analysis than anything else that has come from the haters in the past 999 pages

Deal with it. DD is Raptor for next 5 years and he will be known as the BEST Raptor in the franchise history.
    He's not even the best Raptor on the roster. It's still Lowry's team. DeRozan has never demonstrated the ability to carry this franchise or make the players around him better like Kyle can. Deal with it.

Comment

• Polite question to Moderators: Is there a point where referring to anyone as a "hater" who believes that Demar is a flawed player and gives details to support that belief amounts to trolling or at the very least immature and stupid name calling? And if so, at what point? I feel like reacting quite harshly to it. If it is okay to label people who don't agree with you as "haters", How much latitude do I have in my response? Thank you.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
        On the backs of Lebron and Curry, fuckers like Conley are getting paid -- gotta love democracy!
        Conley deserves every penny. I'd take him over all but 4-5 PGs on this league.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          ^^^^

>>>>> is the much more Superb analysis than anything else that has come from the haters in the past 999 pages

Deal with it. DD is Raptor for next 5 years and he will be known as the BEST Raptor in the franchise history.
          Lowry is better right now. JV played much better than Demar in the playoffs and in my opinion projects to be a better player than Demar. And I believe that JV is our most valuable asset. I can't think of many players I would trade JV and his contract for. I wouldn't have that problem with Demar.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            Duuuude... Conley is good but 30 fuckin million per year is absolutely retarded. He's never even made an All-Star or any All-NBA teams. His best year he averaged 17pts and 6ast on 45% shooting. He's never shot over 42% in the playoffs. He's a good defender but the dude is not elite and fuckin anything.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Sure it compares. The difference over 5 years is immaterial. And, for as good as Batum is, he's a purely complimentary player. I would love Batum as a Raptor but people pretending he's a great deal at that price and DD is a bad sign at his need to give their heads a shake.
              Is it immaterial? I don't really know. 19M over 5 years? The difference between Conley and Demar is 14M and that seems to have gotten some people's attention. Poor job by everyone involved in Chatlotte if that 19M savings vs Demar is immaterial. What amount per year is material? Almost 4M per year is immaterial... So what is material? Over 5?

I think Batum is a comparable player. A player I would have personally preferred to Demar. But I can understand those that prefer Demar and prefer the continuity. I'm not saying it's a great deal or that Demar's is a terrible deal. Demar's could have been worse. I think I get why it is where it is, but I don't think he did us any favours. Agreeing to 120M might have been doing us a favour. But I don't know what discussions he had with MU. If there was a discussion about how much money we would have left to improve the team. Sounds like Whiteside had those discussions. I can only assume Batum did. Did Demar have that discussion?

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                Duuuude... Conley is good but 30 fuckin million per year is absolutely retarded. He's never even made an All-Star or any All-NBA teams. His best year he averaged 17pts and 6ast on 45% shooting. He's never shot over 42% in the playoffs. He's a good defender but the dude is not elite and fuckin anything.
                He's an elite defender.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                  He's an elite defender.
                  Sorry still not worth 30mil. An elite defender whose never been on an all nba defensive team or ever even been in consideration for defensive player of the year is not actually that elite and doesnt deserve 30 mil a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Batum for 120 is not much better value than DeMar at 139. Stop this.

Comment

Incorrect. He made the All-NBA Defensive team in 2013. You realize Conley plays in the Western Conference, right? Far harder to make All-Star teams out West, as opposed to in the East. Good luck making All-Star teams behind Chris Paul, Kobe, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard and Tony Parker year in and year out. Lowry only became an All-Star after leaving the West. Huge difference.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        Batum for 120 is not much better value than DeMar at 139. Stop this.
                        Nothing to cry about anyway.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                          Incorrect. He made the All-NBA Defensive team in 2013. You realize Conley plays in the Western Conference, right? Far harder to make All-Star teams out West, as opposed to in the East. Good luck making All-Star teams behind Chris Paul, Kobe, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard and Tony Parker year in and year out. Lowry only became an All-Star after leaving the West. Huge difference.
                          Ah sorry I missed the part into is bio about making the '13 all defensive team. Still not worth 30 mil. Theres like 5 guys in the NBA worth that much and he's not one of them.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Batum for 120 is not much better value than DeMar at 139. Stop this.
                            Why? Why don't you think they are comparable? It was speculated that Batum would get the max with Charlotte.

I think Batum is a better team basketball player. He is a better 3 point shooter. He is a better passer. He is a better defender.

Why do you think Demar is better? Why do you think there is not even any comparison between those 2 shooting guards.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                              I am not sure if I agree with you but he is very close to your rating in easily the deepest position in the NBA

Comment

Ah sorry I missed the part into is bio about making the '13 all defensive team. Still not worth 30 mil. Theres like 5 guys in the NBA worth that much and he's not one of them.

But Demar is worth 139? And Demar is a below average defender. Where he spends 50% of his time on the court. Another poster said the difference between that and what Batum signed for was immaterial. But that is a larger spread vs Conley's 153. Personally I think all 3 were worth about what Batum got. I guess I can understand Demar being an all star 2 of the last 3 years and that attacting a premium. But I think Batum might have less flaws than either. Except maybe being injury prone. But he was attracting rave reviews in the playoffs when he was healthy. About a a game and a half unfortunately. But he even played reasonably well when he came back injured. And he had a really good regular season. Spreads the floor, unselfish player. Tough defender.

Comment

Working...
                                X