Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

Always the same people criticizing.... Same people defending. People forget that #ProveEm was for the haters that never believed.....

2014 all-star
    2014 TeamUSA team member
    2015 NBA player of the month for April

I'd say Chr1s1anL had more realistic views of Demar than many of the others who post in this thread.....

Go check the thread..... Read the amount of inefficient chucker, minus on defense, Nick young clone, Martell Webster lite remarks......

ProveEm was for those people!

Now the same people who were proven wrong want to use ProveEm as a joke. It's a reminder

#ProveEm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by special1; Sat May 23, 2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Always the same people criticizing.... Same people defending. People forget that #ProveEm was for the haters that never believed.....

2014 all-star
      2014 TeamUSA team member
      Nicely said. Unless we are tanking, trading DD does not make any sense this summer.

Comment

• DD is an empty producer. Has very little impact on the flow of the game

#truth

Comment

2014 all-star
          2014 TeamUSA team member

I'd say Chr1s1anL had more realistic views of Demar than many of the others who post in this thread.....

Go check the thread..... Read the amount of inefficient chucker, minus on defense, Nick young clone, Martell Webster lite remarks......

ProveEm was for those people!

Now the same people who were proven wrong want to use ProveEm as a joke. It's a reminder

#ProveEm

Of course you agree with him, you two are the reason DOD and DR comments started.

Nobody forgot what #ProveEm was about. We just think it's ridiculous and enjoy openly mocking it.

Funny how there are two types of Demar supporters on here. Those who use stats and style points to indicate Demar's strengths (while often admitting that adding talent may mean taking offers), and then there's those who went from "hard worker" and "loves Toronto" to "all-star" and "Team USA". The first group contribute to RR discussion, while the latter enjoy their little circle jerk action.

Making an all star game once, being the 13th-15th man on Team USA and getting player of the month for 11 games of April (during which the team was only .500) doesn't actually mean anything towards the Raps being better on the court moving forward.

Lack of talent on the roster, lack of perimeter defence or shooting, financial considerations are all valid concerns for this team moving forward; but go ahead and embrace Demar's 1 allstar appearance as a tangible benefit. Every fan base needs some crazy.

#ProveEm
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            DD is an empty producer. Has very little impact on the flow of the game

#truth
            That's not true at all. DeMar has tons of impact on the flow of the game, by killing it.

#truth
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

• I don't know how anyone can watch the Western Conference Finals and think that Demar is really a long term option.

The ball movement, the shooting, the versatility - these are the modern NBA standards.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                DD is an empty producer. Has very little impact on the flow of the game

#truth
                All this while being forced to be the #1 option on THIS team. Dude makes 9.5 million. Who has more impact for this team.... Did you see what happened when he got injured??

Stop being so ungrateful! How did your Ross 3&D experiment go?? Come back to reality.

#truth

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Of course you agree with him, you two are the reason DOD and DR comments started.

Nobody forgot what #ProveEm was about. We just think it's ridiculous and enjoy openly mocking it.

Funny how there are two types of Demar supporters on here. Those who use stats and style points to indicate Demar's strengths (while often admitting that adding talent may mean taking offers), and then there's those who went from "hard worker" and "loves Toronto" to "all-star" and "Team USA". The first group contribute to RR discussion, while the latter enjoy their little circle jerk action.

Making an all star game once, being the 13th-15th man on Team USA and getting player of the month for 11 games of April (during which the team was only .500) doesn't actually mean anything towards the Raps being better on the court moving forward.

Lack of talent on the roster, lack of perimeter defence or shooting, financial considerations are all valid concerns for this team moving forward; but go ahead and embrace Demar's 1 allstar appearance as a tangible benefit. Every fan base needs some crazy.

#ProveEm
                  So easy to dismiss his accomplishments.

Not really surprised as you never believed he would make those teams. Now that he did, it's meaningless to you. Classy.

He's not working with a lot of talent here. We simply want him to be surrounded with better players.

If he's as awful as you say, what makes you think we'll get any meaningful piece for him anyways??? Why haven't you advocated to trade Lowry, who according to you is this team's best player?

BTW his last all star selection was one year ago. You make it seem like he can't be a multiple all star.... He's only 25! Keep doubting.....there's some crow left over in my refrigerator

#ProveEm

Comment

• Whether he's traded or not DeRozan cannot be the player that Toronto builds around. Lowry too.

I like DeRozan's game better when he isn't pressured into being the number one option. His handle has improved but it's not good enough to get by defenders most of the time, and he doesn't have enough raw quickness for that either. He has the ability to shoot, but his range is limited and he has a tendency to rely on jumpers.

That said he's still a really good player but not enough to get the team over the hump. He also lacks any significant intangibles that make for a good complementary player. It makes things difficult; you can only really use him as a primary offensive option or ballhandler. He doesn't excel at either one.
                    OG is our king

Comment

All this while being forced to be the #1 option on THIS team. Dude makes 9.5 million. Who has more impact for this team.... Did you see what happened when he got injured??

Stop being so ungrateful! How did your Ross 3&D experiment go?? Come back to reality.

#truth

Ross didn't do too hot but the raptors continued winning minus DeRozan, no?

But back to ross, casey didn't change ross' role when DD went out. He put Vasquez in starting lineup and kept Ross as a SF. Ross played like garbage but he has yet to be utilized to his strengths consistently.

Comment

#truth

I don't like getting involved in the never ending DeMar debates around here.. I think he's a solid player. But worried about his next contract as that can be a cap killer.. anyway the reason I'm posting here is to challenge this notion that the team went to sh!t when DeMar was injured/out. The team was 12-10 when DeMar didn't play (12-9 if you don't include that Boston loss at the end of the season). That equates to about a 55% winning percentage. When DeMar played, the team was 37-23. This equates to about a 61% winning percentage. Not a huge difference.

Lowry was our MVP both this year and last... and the primary reason they got swept is because Lowry was a disaster in the playoffs. DD didn't really make much of a difference despite having a great April. He couldn't carry the team to even one win against a team that was supposed to be inferior to them.

If DD did anything in the playoffs to help win one game on his own then I would love to have him back.. but he didn't really do much despite the fact that he was healthy. So then you have to look at him like a role player.. or at least a #2 or #3 option.

But he'll be a UFA when the cap is going way way up.. and teams with money who'll strike out on guys like Durant might look at DeMar and realize they could use a SG.. and if they offer enough to lure him away you lose him for nothing.. or MU has to match an offer like that and end up paying him like a #1 option which he's not.

I don't feel good about going into next summer with DD on the roster and his free agency looming. He loves Toronto and is a great kid.. but he's not that much of an idiot that he or his agent would give up loads of cash.

I don't believe that DD is an empty producer.. I think he's a solid player.. I think he needs a new coach to help reign him in a bit.. and to soften his ego. But if you can convince me right now that DD is going to get paid about what he makes now then I'll be happy to keep him around.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Ross didn't do too hot but the raptors continued winning minus DeRozan, no?

But back to ross, casey didn't change ross' role when DD went out. He put Vasquez in starting lineup and kept Ross as a SF. Ross played like garbage but he has yet to be utilized to his strengths consistently.
                          Actually they became a +/-.500 team without him didn't they? Did you see the drop off in the team's defence?

Weren't we first in the East when Demar got injured?

I'm done making excuses for Ross. He's been given every opportunity. I'm now thinking that we should try him as a backup SG before totally giving up on him. I'm done with the starting SF experiment.

When DD went down, we should've started Ross at the 2 and JJ at the 3. I can't remember if that even happened.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            That's not true at all. DeMar has tons of impact on the flow of the game, by killing it.

#truth

Comment

Actually they became a +/-.500 team without him didn't they? Did you see the drop off in the team's defence?

Weren't we first in the East when Demar got injured?

I'm done making excuses for Ross. He's been given every opportunity. I'm now thinking that we should try him as a backup SG before totally giving up on him. I'm done with the starting SF experiment.

When DD went down, we should've started Ross at the 2 and JJ at the 3. I can't remember if that even happened.

Never happened. There was a stretch with Fields as the starting 3, and it went very well for a few games, but then Fields got hurt (concussion) and looked terrible after he came back (clearly didn't recover). But JJ never started beside Ross, astonishingly.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Never happened. There was a stretch with Fields as the starting 3, and it went very well for a few games, but then Fields got hurt (concussion) and looked terrible after he came back (clearly didn't recover). But JJ never started beside Ross, astonishingly.
                                Poor Fields.

He actually looked REALLY good before that nasty fall in Detroit.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X