No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year DeRozan was constantly running around the floor and coming off screens for wide open catch and shoot jumpers, but this year there is none of that. He seems to only every shoot off the dribble anymore.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      Last year DeRozan was constantly running around the floor and coming off screens for wide open catch and shoot jumpers, but this year there is none of that. He seems to only every shoot off the dribble anymore.
      Might be a result of him improving his handle. I guess he thinks he can just create space/get around his defender and get a clean look now.
      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        Might be a result of him improving his handle. I guess he thinks he can just create space/get around his defender and get a clean look now.
        He thinks that, but he's wrong. He's shot best this year with one dribble, Once it's 2 or 3, his shooting % plummets. And he has more turnovers than any SG in the league off the dribble - 67% of his turnovers vs league average 50%.

Makes sense other SG's would have more bad pass TO's than DD because many SG's actually try to pass the ball.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I know there is a lot of venom for DD being spewed here...but really I am more upset at Casey. He has been prevaricating about "not making shots", has an offense a good high school basketball coach would scoff and encourages (by not condemning) bad decision making/selfish play. The defense is also getting hurt by this leaderless inaction.

As I see it, Casey better try another handbook on coach inter action with the team. He hasnt very many games left to pull out of the spiral. Guess the panic is setting in lol. Also looks eerily like what the Wizards are going thru too.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Not at all to defend DD (cause I agree with you 100%), but his rational is probably that JV has great position for the rebound.
            But he doesn't. If you are in good post up position, you have your man between you and the basket, which means on a shot, you are already boxed out.

The RR twitter posted a GIF of the play and it is just brutal. Note how JV ends up pushed completely out of the play trying to make room for DD to "operate."
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• https://twitter.com/raptorsrepublic/...63287857602560
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I want to see how he plays with a coach other than Casey before we trade him.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  But he doesn't. If you are in good post up position, you have your man between you and the basket, which means on a shot, you are already boxed out.

The RR twitter posted a GIF of the play and it is just brutal. Note how JV ends up pushed completely out of the play trying to make room for DD to "operate."
                  I know he doesn't. You know he doesn't. I'm not convinced that Demar grasps that. Pretty sure his view of PF and C's on offence is that they are the guys who get your rebounds.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I know he doesn't. You know he doesn't. I'm not convinced that Demar grasps that. Pretty sure his view of PF and C's on offence is that they are the guys who get your rebounds.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Everyone shut up let's hear from Special1! Special1 proceed...🙌

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        I know there is a lot of venom for DD being spewed here...but really I am more upset at Casey. He has been prevaricating about "not making shots", has an offense a good high school basketball coach would scoff and encourages (by not condemning) bad decision making/selfish play. The defense is also getting hurt by this leaderless inaction.

As I see it, Casey better try another handbook on coach inter action with the team. He hasnt very many games left to pull out of the spiral. Guess the panic is setting in lol. Also looks eerily like what the Wizards are going thru too.
                        Didn't they extend Wittman? That guy is just as bad as Casey. All the wizards do is take mid range jumpers and Beal is like the only one who can consistently hit three's. Both these fools need to be fired

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          DeRozan thinks he's Kobe, but Kobe can actually create space and hit tough fadeaway mid range jumpers. While DeRozan take like two dribbles and does 20 pump fakes and gets the ball stripped lol

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            Everyone shut up let's hear from Special1! Special1 proceed...🙌
                            Lol yes ball4life

It's all my fault!

I take the blame for the team sucking right now.

Jokes

The team is struggling right now and it's not just a couple players or the coach....you guys are trying to put it all on one player (Demar) right now because it's obvious he's REALLY struggling.... Enjoy it while it lasts.... Kick him while he's down.

My hope is that something good will come out of this and the team will figure out what they need to do from now until the playoffs.

You guys can throw the towel in but I won't. The season isn't over and I would rather deal with this NOW instead of later.

Here's what I think...

I think Demar is told that he needs to be some scorer for us to be successful. Clearly he's better when he moves the ball and is more selective with his shot. He needs to stop forcing Shots (that's obvious).

I think it's time we run the offense consistently through JV. We may struggle with turnovers at times, but he's an advantage that we're ignoring FAR too often. I don't think he's there just yet, but i think its time (for the team's sake - play inside out basketball - at least switch things up).

We're shooting far too many 3's (Demar doesn't shoot a lot of 3's).....this is a team problem.

JV has really impressed me this year. I wish he demanded the ball more and took A LOT more shots. I would love for him to take more of those short jumpers (this would really help his pump fake).

Demar needs to take a step back and see that the way he's playing isn't working. The other teams GAME PLAN for him (see GSW whiteboard).....it's time to evolve. Pick your spots and be very aggressive when you do. Look to shoot OPEN jumpers and don't always make things so difficult for yourself. Swing the ball to the shooters and look for the bigs inside. It sounds simple. The game needs to slow down for him like it did last year and also when he first came back from injury.

I haven't lost hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              Lol yes ball4life

It's all my fault!

I take the blame for the team sucking right now.

Jokes

The team is struggling right now and it's not just a couple players or the coach....you guys are trying to put it all on one player (Demar) right now because it's obvious he's REALLY struggling.... Enjoy it while it lasts.... Kick him while he's down.

My hope is that something good will come out of this and the team will figure out what they need to do from now until the playoffs.

You guys can throw the towel in but I won't. The season isn't over and I would rather deal with this NOW instead of later.

Here's what I think...

I think Demar is told that he needs to be some scorer for us to be successful. Clearly he's better when he moves the ball and is more selective with his shot. He needs to stop forcing Shots (that's obvious).

I think it's time we run the offense consistently through JV. We may struggle with turnovers at times, but he's an advantage that we're ignoring FAR too often. I don't think he's there just yet, but i think its time (for the team's sake - play inside out basketball - at least switch things up).

We're shooting far too many 3's (Demar doesn't shoot a lot of 3's).....this is a team problem.

JV has really impressed me this year. I wish he demanded the ball more and took A LOT more shots. I would love for him to take more of those short jumpers (this would really help his pump fake).

Demar needs to take a step back and see that the way he's playing isn't working. The other teams GAME PLAN for him (see GSW whiteboard).....it's time to evolve. Pick your spots and be very aggressive when you do. Look to shoot OPEN jumpers and don't always make things so difficult for yourself. Swing the ball to the shooters and look for the bigs inside. It sounds simple. The game needs to slow down for him like it did last year and also when he first came back from injury.

I haven't lost hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Congratulations on sharing my perspective!

Comment

• In my opinion, before any consideration is made about getting rid of DeRozan, Masai should get a new coach.

It's obvious, Casey is encouraging the iso-heavy, dribble-dribble-shoot play. DeMar is still a very talented player who can be good for this team if he actually plays within more of a team-focused system (like last season), instead of this "free-flowing do whatever you want" offense Casey likes.

If we got a new coach with a better offensive style and DeMar still wasn't moving the ball and was shooting way too many shots, then look to get rid of him. Masai has to play it out like Rudy Gay. He didn't just get rid of Rudy without seeing him play in the new season. He waited, saw we were 6-12 and had enough evidence to know a move needed to be made.

Comment

Working...
                                X