Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
    Let's get one thing straight - DeMar is in no way more athletic than Kobe. Kobe was bigger, stronger and faster as a 19 year old than DeMar. Kobe's build allowed him to pack on a significant amount of muscle later in his career; DeMar has a very slight build which could impact his ability to finish in traffic regardless of how strong he gets.
    Dude, Kobe isn't jacked to say the least. He's actually not big at all. DeMar is bigger now than Kobe is now.

DeRozan
    6'7", 220lbs

Bryant
    6'6", 205lbs

And FYI, DeMar's extra body mass ain't fat:
    ... Demar Derozan all posted percentages under 5.
    Source: HoopsHype.com

That said, hops:
    Rodrigue Beaubois Demar Derozan, and Chase Budinger all jumped well as expected, posting max verticals over 38”.
    Source: HoopsHype.com

Kobe Bryant 38"
    Source: VertCoach.com

Comment

And ideally he adds 15-20 pounds of muscle in the next two years. People keep seeing Derozan as this small, fragile guy. He needed a year to wet his feet and an off season to bulk up. There is no way he ever touches Kobe basement, but he has a pretty high ceiling simply because he has so much to improve upon and so much potential to realize. He is definitely a dark horse contender for MIP next year.

Comment

I suppose stats don't lie, but that makes DeMar bigger than Vince. I'm still not sure I buy that.

The fact that this thread even exists shows that BC should not even consider trading DeMar.

Comment

DD has to significantly improve his most glaring weakness: his dribbling/ball-handling. If he can, he'll be destined to stardom. If he doesn't, he'll become a career rotation player.

Keep working on improving your handle, DD!
          Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Fri Jun 11, 2010, 09:12 PM.
          RR OG

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
            Gerald Green.
            Where'd this guy go? I vaguely remember a Mavs summer league game with him the year after his second dunk contest, then he disappeared off the map.

Comment

DeMar DeRozan = SF?

Not too sure if this has been discussed, but I think DeMar DeRozan should see some time at SF and possibly start at SF one day in the future. I like the idea of Sonny Weems being the starting SG and/or playing most of the minutes at SG (especially if the Raps do end up committing to him with a new contract). Having them play both together could potentially maximize their talents as they've shown some chemistry playing with one another last year and at the Las Vegas Summer Camp. If the Raps don't acquire another quality SF (aside from Linas Kleiza). DeMar DeRozan is listed 6-7 ft./220 lbs, so he's taller and heavier than Sonny Weems who is listed at 6-6 ft./203 lbs, and there have been reports of DeMar DeRozan putting on some more muscle. Lastly, I think playing at SF would encourage DeMar DeRozan to be more aggressive to the basket (if he's catching passes around the elbow or closer). But of course all this depends on what the coaching staff and what their strategy will be going into the season and beyond...

Comment

6264 wrote: View Post
                Not too sure if this has been discussed, but I think DeMar DeRozan should see some time at SF and possibly start at SF one day in the future. I like the idea of Sonny Weems being the starting SG and/or playing most of the minutes at SG (especially if the Raps do end up committing to him with a new contract). Having them play both together could potentially maximize their talents as they've shown some chemistry playing with one another last year and at the Las Vegas Summer Camp. If the Raps don't acquire another quality SF (aside from Linas Kleiza). DeMar DeRozan is listed 6-7 ft./220 lbs, so he's taller and heavier than Sonny Weems who is listed at 6-6 ft./203 lbs, and there have been reports of DeMar DeRozan putting on some more muscle. Lastly, I think playing at SF would encourage DeMar DeRozan to be more aggressive to the basket (if he's catching passes around the elbow or closer). But of course all this depends on what the coaching staff and what their strategy will be going into the season and beyond...
                i agree with you i think demar and sonny play really well together. Im also surprised at the passing skills sonny showed maybe he could start at the point amd demar at the two
                ya dun noe

Comment

In our league many players can play multiple positions. Coaches now breakdown player positions as bigs, wings, and facilitators.

SF and SG are interchangeable so yes we can assume that Sonny and Demar will be playing together and will both develop playing the wing positions.

Comment

Yesterday Belinelli Bargs 13 and 14 points in 20 minutes with the friendly national

Comment

if weems and derozn are on the floor together it really doesn't matter what positional label they are given... they both have to guard someone from the other team, i don't mind playing them together (i'm actually looking forward to it!) but it think they are both best suited as the off-guard/shooting guard/2 position if we were forced to label
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

With the current roster we have, yes I'd like for them to start together for chemistry reasons. However, I don't think we are going to get a lot of wins with this current roster so I have to think BC has a few more moves up his sleeves to get better players - starters. He tried that with Chandler and Diaw, but it didn't pan out.

As for Demar being SF...I would think it would depend on defensive match ups mostly. But I do believe both are more SG than SF.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                          i agree with you i think demar and sonny play really well together. Im also surprised at the passing skills sonny showed maybe he could start at the point amd demar at the two
                          Yes, I agree about Sonny's passing. Not sure if he could start at PG but he's a decent passer. I never saw that until this summer.

That's what I like about DeRozan and Weems they are always looking to expand their game.
                          Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

6264 wrote: View Post
                            I agree for the most part but Demar is already pretty physical and he loves to slash to the rim, I think the coaching staff would love to see him improve his shooting ability, usually SGs are the better shooters. If Sonny starts which I'd rather him not (for an energy boost off the bench) then they can still play at the same time. Sonny to me seems like the better shooter of the 2 but Demar is more agressive. The development of Demar will be real important, hopefully he can improve his skill set and range.

Only time will really tell what will happen with the lineups. Weems wouldnt play PG though, not versus guys like Rondo who can pick your pocket blindfolded

Comment

Great List.

I also like to add Matt Barns ( 6'7")to it. He is cheap and is a good defensive player.

As it stand now, we only have Kleiza at the SF position so either BC is planing to play Beli, DD and Weems at SF position or he is planing some moves.

Beli 6'5"
                              DD 6'7"
                              Weems 6'6"

Can Weems and DD play SF ?

Comment

DeMar DeRozan For Three!

Raptors swingman DeMar DeRozan had a pretty good rookie year, averaging 8.6 points and 2.9 rebounds while shooting 49.8% from the floor in 77 games.

With Toronto headed for a rebuilding period without Chris Bosh -- despite what general manager Bryan Colangelo says -- DeRozan figures to be one of the team’s top options this coming season.

If there was one glaring hole in DeRozan’s game last season, it was his three-point shooting. He attempted just 16 treys all season because of his limited range, hitting only four of them.

This summer, he’s focused on turning that negative into a positive

“Early in the morning I lift and then I go to the gym and make 300 threes,” DeRozan told RealGM in Las Vegas. “I also work on my mid-range jumper.”

He added that he’s been scrimmaging with guys like Brandon Jennings as well.

A number of DeRozan’s fellow 2009 lottery picks opted against playing in Las Vegas -- Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings -- but he said playing on Toronto’s summer league team was a no-brainer.

“I want to improve and it’s better than sitting at home,” said the California native, while adding that his presence was a mutual decision. “I get to be in the gym and get out there and play against other guys.”

While it’s true that he has often gone again inferior players in Las Vegas, DeRozan has dominated. Entering Saturday’s action, he was averaging 21.0 points and 4.5 rebounds on 58% shooting from the field.

Even more impressive?

His range looks much improved as he’s hitting 40% of his three-pointers.
                                Source: RealGM.com

Comment

Working...
                                X