Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New NBA hahaha
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      we were comparing DD and Gay's handles. although gays not great i still believe its much better than DD's amateur like dribbles.
      DeMar's is sounder I'd say. Not by a lot (*but still a significant enough amount), but he keeps it lower, does a better job protecting through traffic, and especially so far this year (admittedly haven't seen Gay play this year) he's stronger with his left, and his handle has gotten tighter in general, including his ability to react to pressure.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Nov 17, 2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Wow calm down period girl. nobodys shitting on DD. just merely stating my opinion that Gay is more talented than andits his contract that has him not worth it.

And all the highlighted above are so unnecessary to a healthy discussion me and yabadayola were having. I am not sure what i said offended you to lash out like this. but its pretty childish. move on...
        Truthfully, my post was not based solely on your post.

Calling someone a period girl isn't childish?

You posting how awesome Rudy is (while his stink is still fresh from a year and a half ago) is pretty silly. We know Rudy quite well! He's having success playing with one of the best Centers in the league in Cousins...I'll admit that. But we're 10 games in dude! Maybe you should calm down?

Comment

Kevin Durant
          James Harden
          Steph Curry on and on and on they all average or have averaged more TOs than DD. are you gonna say DD has better handle than all of them? this is where Stats dont paint the whole picture.
          Bruh, I'm not just looking at stats when I say that. Remember when gay used to play for the raps. Remember whenever he drove through the lane, the ball would always come loose. That still happens. His turns the ball over 12% of the time to dd 7.6%.

Gay is a terrible ball handler, her dribble is soo high and he always loses it going into traffic. Tbh, I think it's prolly the weakest part of his game. And I think it's below average for a Wong player.

EDIT: lol white men can't jump literally said the same thing. Thanks buddy!
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I will remember to re-do the assessment after 20 games

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              Truthfully, my post was not based solely on your post.

Calling someone a period girl isn't childish?

You posting how awesome Rudy is (while his stink is still fresh from a year and a half ago) is pretty silly. We know Rudy quite well! He's having success playing with one of the best Centers in the league in Cousins...I'll admit that. But we're 10 games in dude! Maybe you should calm down?
              Go back and read my posts and let me know where I wasnt calm and I was not criticizing DD, Raptors nor Gay. simply stating that Gay has better skills than DD to a fellow poster who argues Gay is shit cuz he had a shit time here. I am not sure where I said how awesome Gay is.

Your reply to my posts gotta be the most random irrelevant replies ever. Period.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Bruh, I'm not just looking at stats when I say that. Remember when gay used to play for the raps. Remember whenever he drove through the lane, the ball would always come loose. That still happens. His turns the ball over 12% of the time to dd 7.6%.

Gay is a terrible ball handler, her dribble is soo high and he always loses it going into traffic. Tbh, I think it's prolly the weakest part of his game. And I think it's below average for a Wong player.

EDIT: lol white men can't jump literally said the same thing. Thanks buddy!
                I agree he doesnt have the greatest handle but you can trust him to make a play off the dribble. whereas DD really struggle to get his shot off.

And trust me im not a Gay fanboy. I am neutral between Gay and DD. Dont consider me a "DD Hater" i hate both of their game overall.
                Last edited by ball4life; Mon Nov 17, 2014, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I agree he doesnt have the greatest handle but you can trust him to make a play off the dribble. whereas DD really struggle to get his shot off.
                  Mostly because he usually pulls up after one or two dribbles, and takes a fadeaway which is basically unguardable with his long arms and high release point...but that mostly reflects his length and shooting, not his ballhandling.

DeMar struggles because if his driving lane is cut off, he's not as effective pulling up and taking shots over the D. However I'd say he's generally better at utilizing his handle to attack and get deeper into the D.

Comment

• Admins/Mods have had to remind posters about the forum rules in several threads this week. We will not tolerate the following:

- personal attacks
                    - insults, excessive swearing/vulgarity
                    - trolling
                    - passive-aggressive shit disturbing
                    - selectively targeting specific posters
                    - moderating fellow posters

Please remember to be respectful to your fellow posters, no matter how strongly you disagree with them or how much you want to smack them. You can disagree, you can argue, you can jump up and down, but be respectful and don't attack the poster, just their opinion.

To keep this place respectful and as a reminder to all, 7-day bans will be handed out to any posters who continue to ignore the rules.

For a refresher of all forum rules: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...s-amp-Policies

Also, if you have an issue with another poster or an issue with the moderating, please feel free to PM any/all admins/mods, rather than airing a grievance publically.

Cheers,
                    CRF
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Nov 17, 2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

And trust me im not a Gay fanboy. I am neutral between Gay and DD. Dont consider me a "DD Hater" i hate both of their game overall.
                      Oh trust me neither am I. I also don't want to get pitted in that dod bullshit. I wouldn't say I hate their games, but I don't love them either. I just don't like it when people say some one like Hayward who is clearly not better than dd is better than him.

And as far as the gay dd debate goes. I like dd better and choose his side since he is of coarse, a raptor, and I love my raps.
                      Last edited by yabadabayolo; Mon Nov 17, 2014, 12:33 AM.
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        You don't just let an asset walk, you still want to retain his services but if you want switch to a new direction, that contract has to be attractive enough to other teams to want to make a trade for.

Or just call New York lol
                        LOL there's always New York to take a bad contract. But I don't know as an asset I think his value around here is overrated. On championship team he's at best 6th man role. Microwave off the bench type player. Lou Williams type or J.Crawford type role and those guys are better at that as well. DD doesn't have range to play off of superstar nor is he some amazing passer or defender. So championship caliber or playoff teams will not overpay DD. Rebuilding teams are smart enough (hopefully) to realize that DD will not make them a championship team. So if somebody overpays him so be it. But if we overpay him then it's gonna be Joe Johnson and Hawks type situation.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          LOL there's always New York to take a bad contract. But I don't know as an asset I think his value around here is overrated. On championship team he's at best 6th man role. Microwave off the bench type player. Lou Williams type or J.Crawford type role and those guys are better at that as well. DD doesn't have range to play off of superstar nor is he some amazing passer or defender. So championship caliber or playoff teams will not overpay DD. Rebuilding teams are smart enough (hopefully) to realize that DD will not make them a championship team. So if somebody overpays him so be it. But if we overpay him then it's gonna be Joe Johnson and Hawks type situation.
                          First time poster, long time lurker.

I'll say this. He is the primary scorer (I'm not saying best offensive player, but primary scorer) on an offense that has been top 10 net offense rating last year and this year so far. He gets the team's best perimeter defender every night. Lou or Jamaal or Microwave don't do any of this.

I think it is a big time over exaggeration to compare him to Lou Williams or Jamaal Crawford unless you think his rate of getting to the line and scoring large amounts of points consistently of the last 1+ years is a fluke.

Of course Demar takes bad shots sometimes and he is better when the ball is moving to everyone. But I do think sometimes the bad shots and ball dominance comes as a result of necessity when our guys are getting dominated.

I think people don't realize that it is hard to score effectively and consistently in the NBA. It is hard to be a 20+ ppg scorer on a top 10 offensive rating team (with a normalish pace).

You really think if we flipped Demar for a pretty good 3 and D guy like Gerald Green, we would make up the slack?

I have my doubts...

Comment

• You really think if we flipped Demar for a pretty good 3 and D guy like Gerald Green, we would make up the slack?
                            Welcome to RR

All I'm saying is: No one is lining up for Derozan. His value is similar to that of Rudy Gay. We got Rudy Gay for Calderon and Ed Davis.

We need real SF and real first option on offense.

Comment

• if we can get Jimmy Butler to replace Derozan that would be huge.

Comment

• Scoring would become a real problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X