Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Hes in his second season and is a project. If anything you should be making a thread about how hes gotten better faster than most thought he would.
    I tend to disagree with that. Demar has been getting starters minutes since day 1, and is still lacking defensively, prone to turnovers (particularly in clutch situations), has regressed in attacking the basket and has reverted to jump shooting (albeit at a fairly decent clip). With this type of metamorphosis should come some outside shooting, but he has no 3 ball game like many 2 guards do, and should.

So, I don't think BC saw him as a "project" like Bargs, nor do I think he is meeting expectations.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
      I tend to disagree with that. Demar has been getting starters minutes since day 1, and is still lacking defensively, prone to turnovers (particularly in clutch situations), has regressed in attacking the basket and has reverted to jump shooting (albeit at a fairly decent clip). With this type of metamorphosis should come some outside shooting, but he has no 3 ball game like many 2 guards do, and should.

So, I don't think BC saw him as a "project" like Bargs, nor do I think he is meeting expectations.
      Bargnani is in his 5th season and still can't play defence have an excuses for that? go troll somewhere else

Comment

Not crying. Simply pointing out that he is not what alot of ppl are hyping him up to be.

I believe I saw a "Demar Jordan" post last week on this very site...
        No, you're using a bad game by Derozan to pump your Bargnani agenda. What's the point? They both suck.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          Bargnani is in his 5th season and still can't play defence have an excuses for that? go troll somewhere else
          Clearly you must agree with me, because by virtue of your silence, you agree that Demar is a bit of a disappointment.

Regarding your troll comment, please refrain from using such language.

Comment

• Brasky wrote: View Post
            No, you're using a bad game by Derozan to pump your Bargnani agenda. What's the point? They both suck.
            From time to time, they both suck. Statistically, AB is better though.

Comment

Clearly you must agree with me, because by virtue of your silence, you agree that Demar is a bit of a disappointment.

Regarding your troll comment, please refrain from using such language.
              Aren't you the idiot that got banned a few weeks ago?

Comment

Aren't you the idiot that got banned a few weeks ago?
                1. Please don't call ppl idiots on this board, it reflects a childish immaturity
                2. I'm not sure who got banned?

Again, this thread is about Demar, lets keep on the topic cupcakes

Comment

• And derozan is in his second season and shoots 47% from the field while bargnani was shooting 38% in his second. Demar also gets less shots and makes them, bargnani chucks up 20 shots to get 20 points, thats BS. Bargnani is not a good shooter we just feed him the ball and he jacks up shots and ends up scroing 20. Your just a DeRozan hater

Comment

And derozan is in his second season and shoots 47% from the field while bargnani was shooting 38% in his second. Demar also gets less shots and makes them, bargnani chucks up 20 shots to get 20 points, thats BS. Bargnani is not a good shooter we just feed him the ball and he jacks up shots and ends up scroing 20. Your just a DeRozan hater
                    Derozan started his 1st and 2nd year, Bargs didn't.
                    Bargs get more shots because they run more plays for him, because he is the better player.

Comment

• Can we lock this thread, please? It's obviously a reactionary thread and causing no good.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Can we lock this thread, please? It's obviously a reactionary thread and causing no good.
                        That's not nice. This is a valid thread. I am saying that Demar is not living up to the expecations of a 2nd year starter, #9 draft pick.

Compare him to other 2's in the league who are in their 2/3/4 year.

Comment

• A few things with this.

1. While Demar started last season he did not play starter minutes (only 21.6 min/game). He was also the fifth option on offense all year and has only really started to show his offence this season.
                          2. He had a bad game, reportedly due to a headcold. Even if he was fine though, you can't expect a guy to become a number one option over night. There were games last season where Bosh was out and Bargs had trouble scoring and people said it meant he couldn't be a number 1. As we have seen this season, Bargs did a fairly good job adjusting to the role once he got used to it and I expect Demar would be ok if you gave him a training camp and a string of games to get some practice.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            A few things with this.

1. While Demar started last season he did not play starter minutes (only 21.6 min/game). He was also the fifth option on offense all year and has only really started to show his offence this season.
                            2. He had a bad game, reportedly due to a headcold. Even if he was fine though, you can't expect a guy to become a number one option over night. There were games last season where Bosh was out and Bargs had trouble scoring and people said it meant he couldn't be a number 1. As we have seen this season, Bargs did a fairly good job adjusting to the role once he got used to it and I expect Demar would be ok if you gave him a training camp and a string of games to get some practice.
                            Those are some pretty good points. Nonetheless, for the amount of play time and free-reign he gets to take shots, you would think there would be a large improvement. I'm sure he will get better, but whether or not he survives the vicious TDot media assault if King Bargs leaves remains to be seen.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                              A few things with this.

Thank god! finally a rebuttal with logic, reason and statistics...it is people like you sir that make me believe there is still hope on these forums. It surprises me that no one picked up on how easily refutable the "starters" minutes vs starting argument.

Shame on the rest of you

Comment

• SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                                Thank god! finally a rebuttal with logic, reason and statistics...it is people like you sir that make me believe there is still hope on these forums. It surprises me that no one picked up on how easily refutable the "starters" minutes vs starting argument.

Shame on the rest of you
                                Oh, so the "reported head cold" doesn't meet your statistical approval?

Comment

Working...
                                X