No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed the whole post cuz its non sense if you watch last nights game you can see he is on the come up...

He closed out the game and its going to get better....and pointing out that hes not Kobe Wade is corny but hey thats YOU...
    He's in his second year and he is showing mad signs of improvment and dexterity..i see it and Triano sees it fact you dont is meaningless....

Comment

• What do YOU want ? a cookie ? an ass whooping ? some attention in the matrix ? hmmmm i just wanna know ?
      You been like 0 for 12 today on posts...your batting zero on everything so far...hows about trying less to try and be eddie murphy and try a lil harder to make worthwhile posts,this forum could be better if the riff raff like yourself contributed some decent b ball related posts once in awhile instead of trying to be that lil oild guy benny hill used to always cuff in the head....

chop chop !

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
        I know what im talking about...he can do it,he should be our No 1 guy...he wants to be that guy...11 pts in the 4th against a contending team...he was driving to the rim with no fear,he was making shots with contact and still able to finish like a select few people can...hes everything bargs isnt....
        Can he do it night in and night out and this high level? That is my question.

He made the shots last night but many of the games I've seen this season, he has not been able to take the contact and finish. I am not trying to start a debate because I really do hope you are right. It will most likely take the rest of this season to get any idea on what his future potential and role with the Raptors will be.

Again, I do hope you are right.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
          I guess you missed the part where I said "at this point"

I'm only being honest, he is in the bottom 5 of starting Sg's in the NBA right now.
          +1

Most definitely agree 'at this point'. I hope last night was a glimpse of the future.

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
            I missed the whole post cuz its non sense if you watch last nights game you can see he is on the come up...

He closed out the game and its going to get better....and pointing out that hes not Kobe Wade is corny but hey thats YOU...
            He's in his second year and he is showing mad signs of improvment and dexterity..i see it and Triano sees it fact you dont is meaningless....
            Dude, dont be an idiot.

You like demar, and that is overshadowing your views on him. He is a solid player and will grow into a fine, standup player.

He is averaging 13 points per game as a starter. Do i think that number will improve? Yes. Do I think he is at that point yet? No.

He scored 26 in one game, dont make it seem like he averages that, when infact its half of that.

Could you please calm down, and stop fussing. Jeez, you sound like a 12 year old. Be mature.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
              Dude, dont be an idiot.

You like demar, and that is overshadowing your views on him. He is a solid player and will grow into a fine, standup player.

He is averaging 13 points per game as a starter. Do i think that number will improve? Yes. Do I think he is at that point yet? No.

He scored 26 in one game, dont make it seem like he averages that, when infact its half of that.

Could you please calm down, and stop fussing. Jeez, you sound like a 12 year old. Be mature.
              If you want to see mature, check this. (watchout for his reply)

Andrea Bargnani is a great player, he is the best center in the NBA. I am an Italian white guy.

Comment

• IMO, if D10 continues his improvement and consistent play as of late, you may or may not want to take him out of the 'bottom 5 starting SG' and place him in the mid range area... I like the fact that he's getting to the line AND he's getting calls from the zebras. It's establishing the fact that he's aggressive and that's good. I hope continues, we need all the help we can get...
                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

• RPT23 wrote: View Post
                  IMO, if D10 continues his improvement and consistent play as of late, you may or may not want to take him out of the 'bottom 5 starting SG' and place him in the mid range area... I like the fact that he's getting to the line AND he's getting calls from the zebras. It's establishing the fact that he's aggressive and that's good. I hope continues, we need all the help we can get...
                  He is going to improve for sure. But those expecting him to be great are going to get very disappointed. I already said this in the other DeRozan thread, he will be good. Not now though, maybe in 2 or 3 seasons, and even then I don't think he will reach all-star caliber or be a good closer...

Btw, he's third on the team in free-throws made.

Comment

• I'm more impressed with his improving defense, rebounding and playmaking. He doesn't need to score a ton if he can play solid defence and wear down the opposing SG. He's not there yet, but he actually looks like one of those guys who is dedicated to living up to his potential.

Do I think he's going to average 20 a game? No. But I'll take a solid 15-17, 5-7 rebs, 3-4 assists with solid defence.

Comment

• We've been saying it forever, if DD makes jumpers he will be an elite scorer. Last night was no fluke: he came out and hit two midranged jumpers. His man had to play him tighter and he dominated him. Expect these games from him more and more often as his jumper gets more consistent and I could see them being common by the end of the season.

15-17, 5-7 rebs, 3-4

Man, it he puts up 17/7/4 he'll be in the top 40 players in the NBA in all three categories. Those are all-star numbers.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        If you want to see mature, check this. (watchout for his reply)

Andrea Bargnani is a great player, he is the best center in the NBA. I am an Italian white guy.
                        Don't feed the troll.

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                        We've been saying it forever, if DD makes jumpers he will be an elite scorer. Last night was no fluke: he came out and hit two midranged jumpers. His man had to play him tighter and he dominated him. Expect these games from him more and more often as his jumper gets more consistent and I could see them being common by the end of the season.

15-17, 5-7 rebs, 3-4

Man, it he puts up 17/7/4 he'll be in the top 40 players in the NBA in all three categories. Those are all-star numbers.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/
                        Josh Smith has been putting up those #s for years (plus a bunch of blks & stls) on a winning team and has yet to be named an all-star.

A this point even if DD averages 20/5/5 his name won't even be on the ballot.

Comment

• It seems that a good number of fans have incredibly high expectations for where Demar is supposed to be in terms of skill development. Anyone expecting Demar to suddenly make a leap into the upper-echelon of the league is delusional. But to expect to see development of both skill and intensity from Demar is reasonable. There was a stretch in the 4th quarter tonight against Miami where Demar clearly tried to take over...which is not something he would have done at any point last year. I have been impressed with his development and he could become a very efficient and capable player in short time if he continues to have the freedom to attack.
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Can he do it night in and night out and this high level? That is my question.

He made the shots last night but many of the games I've seen this season, he has not been able to take the contact and finish. I am not trying to start a debate because I really do hope you are right. It will most likely take the rest of this season to get any idea on what his future potential and role with the Raptors will be.

Again, I do hope you are right.
                            It's a matter of decent touches. He's still ignored on offense a lot of the time. Won't get even a simple touch to swing the ball in a play. Julian Wright took 3 ridiculous shots against the Heat. I'd have preferred DeMar taking the reigns with the lineup of Jose, DeMar, Wright, Amir, and Andersen. He's the only true scorer there. That lineup played the majority of the 3rd quarter.

One thing though. Check out how often DeMar is assisted on field goals this year compared to last. He's maintaining a fairly high shooting percentage while doing a lot more on his own. Majority of his shots last year were spot up j's, and cuts. This year, he's driving into the paint, and creating jumpers for himself. Check Hoopdata.com. http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?...eMar%20DeRozan

I'm loving his shot selection. It's cliche with Raptors fans, but once his midrange j becomes consistent, he's going to be deadly. The handle is fine. The shot selection? Fantastic. The aggression? Perfect.

Just get him the ball.
                            Joshua Priemski
                            NBA blogger
                            SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                            www.RufusOnFire.com/
                            www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• DeRozan To Get Mo' Shats

Source.
                              MIKE GANTER wrote:
                              MIAMI — The strides the Toronto Raptors have made in Florida are pretty apparent to all.

Even short-handed, they are competing, staying with teams that out-talent them by a huge margin, playing solid defence against all-stars and making them work for everything they get.

But what we are also witnessing is the next stage in the development of the guy the Raptors hope will eventually become one of those all-stars.

DeMar DeRozan has been touted as that player since the Raptors selected him ninth overall two drafts ago. But it’s just now that they are expanding the sets they run to include plays designed specifically to get the ball into his hands in late-game situations and let him take advantage of his raw athleticism.

“We have decided that we are going to give him more options and more opportunities late in games to find out whether he can be that type of player,” head coach Jay Triano said. “Friday night in Orlando, with 11 points in the fourth quarter, he was big for us.”

Saturday night in Miami, he was one of four Raptors who played all 12 minutes in the final quarter and responded with eight points on 3-of-5 shooting and five attempts from the free throw line.

“I think that he is still learning the game, but the one thing you can’t teach that he has is the ability to create in the air,” Triano said. “You can teach people jab steps and crossovers and how to shoot and how to pass. But when he goes to the basket, he has that innate ability to find a way to create space and that gives him the opportunity to be very special if he continues to learn on the other things.”

Two games into his expanded role, DeRozan has responded with 21- and 26-point nights, just the second and third times he has had more than 15 all year. In those two games, he is an efficient 15-for-25 from the field to go with 18 successful free throws in 23 attempts.

The numbers, though, tell only half the story. DeRozan is going at defenders fearlessly these days. He showed absolutely no hesitation breaking down Vince Carter on Friday in Orlando and then Dwyane Wade the following night in Miami.

These past two games are a complete reversal of fortune for DeRozan. In the three games before arriving in Florida, DeRozan had a total of 14 points. Worse still, he had attempted an average of only seven shots in each of those games. He looked lost on the court and discouraged off it.

“I’m just glad my struggles came early,” DeRozan said. “I saw what I was doing wrong and I just tried to correct it. That’s mainly been my focus. At the end of the day, this team needs me and I definitely want to be a big part of it.”

DeRozan says now that a big part of his struggles over that period was foul trouble, but he’s figuring that out, too.

“I just wanted to come out and try and redeem myself,” DeRozan said. “I think foul trouble is the most frustrating part of the game. Especially when you get two quick ones and have to sit down early. As soon as I got back in (Wednesday against Charlotte), I got my third. It just felt like they kept coming. But you have to deal with it.”

Two games does not a season make, but the combination of DeRozan’s role expanding in the Raptors offence and an appealing you-can’t-stop-me attitude has things looking up for the young second-year player.

Prior to the Miami game, former Raptor Chris Bosh, who knows a thing or two about high expectations in Toronto, took a few minutes to spend some time with DeRozan and left him with these words.

“Just that he’s been playing good,” Bosh said of the conversation. “I told him it was good to see him. I’m glad that’s he’s playing good. He’s shown a lot of growth. He’s very aggressive. If he keeps working, he’s going to be a very, very good player.”
                              Well it's about time.

Comment

• You always try to run crunch-time plays for players who can get to the line. DeRozan is the best on the team at that so this makes sense. He's shooting 75% from the line, could be better but he's improved since the early season. At the same time, thinking that this will solve fourth-quarter scoring problems is incorrect, you need at least one another player who's hot, either Bargnani or one of the points. The inconsistency of those guys trumps everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X