No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You would trade him, but he's most consistent on Raptors roster, funny or not
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_minute::none
    just makes you think
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      You would trade him, but he's most consistent on Raptors roster, funny or not
      http://www.basketball-reference.com/...r_minute::none
      just makes you think
      I don't think his consistency THIS season has been a problem. He's been the best other than Amir.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I don't think his consistency THIS season has been a problem. He's been the best other than Amir.
        Congrats on the promotion brother!

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Congrats on the promotion brother!
          Thank you very much man! Derozan would be happy! :P

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-in-the-hole/

DeRozan and Payton putting in work! good stuff.

Comment

• Demar Derozan and Gary Payton: Who Knew?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-in-the-hole/

It boggles my mind how many people want Demar gone when all he does is get better. Vince spoiled us and we're probably not gonna draft another guy like him but to suggest dealing Derozan so an unproven kid who has forgotten how to hit his jumper and refuses to go anywhere inside the free throw line can start is ludicrous. I like Ross, he is definitely the most athletic player on this team, but I see him as more of a sixth man type who can play the 2 when we go small. We need a guy like Demar who can score, has shown signs of being a solid rebounder and can drive and kick (Rudy's may be "the guy" but he's pretty damn selfish). By the way, Gary Payton, in the article, says Derozan can be an all-star. Oh and I would like to see someone make a great pun involving Derozan being in good hands and Payton's nickname, "The Glove".

Comment

• I wouldn't have guessed that the Glove would have any influence on him at all. I mean, he dribbles like a girl guide on a Sunday morning and couldn't defend a toddler. But he scores so yay points!
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Gary Payton better turn his ass into an all star or we're doomed. We're spiraling out of orbit and this team is heading no where, unless Dwane Casey somehow gets them to play defense.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't have guessed that the Glove would have any influence on him at all. I mean, he dribbles like a girl guide on a Sunday morning and couldn't defend a toddler. But he scores so yay points!
                    This is what i mean by Vince spoiling us. We're not going to get the full package but at least Demar is gonna work his ass off to get as close as he possibly can.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...e-in-the-hole/

DeRozan and Payton putting in work! good stuff.
                      I'll say it again! How can you hate on this kid?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'll say it again how can you even hate on this kid?
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I'll say it again how can you even hate on this kid?
                          Yeah, great character, and plays hard, and gives it his all on the court. Seriously improved too.

Comment

• DeRozan does things not many other players do which is treat ball like a course in school, hes getting all this money but this kid is working for it. Seeking out different players on his own time to teach him some things, great guy to keep around on your franchise I hope Ross adapts his habit. DeRozan has heard and practices "Never rest on your Laurels" Good job kid.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, great character, and plays hard, and gives it his all on the court. Seriously improved too.
                              I don't care about character or work ethic. At the end of the day i want to see results. This is DeRozan's 4th year in the league now, and yes his mid range game is much improved. But other than that? he's still the same player.

As for Payton's "he can be an all-star" comment. Alot of people said the same thing about Bargnani early in his career. Well?

Just to quote a fellow poster in this forum: "DeRozan's a one dimensional player and he's one dimension isn't even that good"

Not shitting on the guy but it's true. DeRozan's got a great work ethic, that's great but at the end of the day you gotta have the skills too. Bargnani got a lot of skills but he doesn't have the work ethic of a DeRozan. You know what i mean? to be a star or an all-star in this league, you gotta have BOTH.
                              Last edited by The Great One; Tue Mar 5, 2013, 10:30 PM.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                I don't care about character or work ethic. At the end of the day i want to see results. This is DeRozan's 4th year in the league now, and yes his mid range game is much improved. But other than that? he's still the same player.

As for Payton's "he can be an all-star" comment. Alot of people said the same thing about Bargnani early in his career. Well?

Just to quote a fellow poster in this forum: "DeRozan's a one dimensional player and he's one dimension isn't even that good"
                                *sigh* Alright. That's why Derozan went from 8 points a game in his rookie year, to 17, to 16, to 18 again? Better rebounding numbers? Better assist numbers? If you've watched the games, he now has a post game. Like, what are you saying?

Goodness gracious, I've made the argument about people not caring about anything other than results. Vince Carter, Tracy Mcgrady, Hedo Turkoglu? Well? I could go on and on about players who have bad traits, and don't work hard. But, that list would take me all day.

I think you would be happy with that Indiana Pacers team back in 2004. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X