• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abysmal? wow lol.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I really hope you don't believe that. Lowry struggled, but DD was abysmal.
      LOL Dan, your bias is showing.

Comment

I really hope you don't believe that. Lowry struggled, but DD was abysmal.
        Rofl... ok

DeMar: 24-4-4 on 55% TS with a PER of 18.3.
        Lowry: 21-5-5 on 57% TS with a PER of 17.6.

Ok so DeMar has him beat in offensive productivity. Now let's look at some more subjective material.

Neither of them was particularly great defensively. Lowry was guarding a guy who has been terrible all year, while DeRozan was guarding the best player on the other team most of the time.

Actually this is objective but DeRozan was WAY more consistent in this series than Lowry was. DeMar laid an egg in game 1 but then was consistently effective for the remaining 6 games. While Lowry had bad games in game 2 and 3 and an "abysmal" 4-16 FG, 11 pts game 6 while letting DWill drop 23-5-5 on him.

Comment

• DanH are you Danchan from RealGM?

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            Rofl... ok

DeMar: 24-4-4 on 55% TS with a PER of 18.3.
            Lowry: 21-5-5 on 57% TS with a PER of 17.6.

Ok so DeMar has him beat in offensive productivity. Now let's look at some more subjective material.

Neither of them was particularly great defensively. Lowry was guarding a guy who has been terrible all year, while DeRozan was guarding the best player on the other team most of the time.

Actually this is objective but DeRozan was WAY more consistent in this series than Lowry was. DeMar laid an egg in game 1 but then was consistently effective for the remaining 6 games. While Lowry had bad games in game 2 and 3 and an "abysmal" 4-16 FG, 11 pts game 6 while letting DWill drop 23-5-5 on him.
            You are looking at one side of the ball. Lowry struggled defensively occasionally. DD was the biggest defensive problem on the entire team for the entire series, so much so that game 7 was basically Casey throwing crap against the wall trying to find ways to hide DD. The "best" player on the other team was only the best player because DD couldn't guard him. No one thought JJ was their best player coming into the series. D-Will is 10 times the player JJ is, even in his diminished state, so I have a hard time criticizing Lowry too much for having trouble containing him while injured. Less so for DD, who rarely even seemed to be putting effort into guarding JJ.

The truth is the entire starting lineup looked bad most of the series, but DD was a step above everyone else.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              DanH are you Danchan from RealGM?
              No. Why do you ask?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                LOL Dan, your bias is showing.
                Sorry, could you explain that? I'm Raptors-biased. I wanted DESPERATELY for DeMar to prove he was great this series. I was massively disappointed.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You are looking at one side of the ball. Lowry struggled defensively occasionally. DD was the biggest defensive problem on the entire team for the entire series, so much so that game 7 was basically Casey throwing crap against the wall trying to find ways to hide DD. The "best" player on the other team was only the best player because DD couldn't guard him. No one thought JJ was their best player coming into the series. D-Will is 10 times the player JJ is, even in his diminished state, so I have a hard time criticizing Lowry too much for having trouble containing him while injured. Less so for DD, who rarely even seemed to be putting effort into guarding JJ.

The truth is the entire starting lineup looked bad most of the series, but DD was a step above everyone else.
                  Wtf

You honestly believe that demon Williams is better than joe penis. You just lost all credibility bro
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Wtf

You honestly believe that demon Williams is better than joe penis. You just lost all credibility bro
                    Deron Williams posted better:
                    PER, TS%, FTr, STL%, BLK%, ORTG, DRTG, WS/48 and obviously AST% (due to position) than JJ this year, at almost identical usage.

JJ had a higher 3 point percentage, lower turnovers (expected, due to position) and higher rebounding rates (expected, due to position). That's it.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Deron Williams posted better:
                      PER, TS%, FTr, STL%, BLK%, ORTG, DRTG, WS/48 and obviously AST% (due to position) than JJ this year, at almost identical usage.

JJ had a higher 3 point percentage, lower turnovers (expected, due to position) and higher rebounding rates (expected, due to position). That's it.
                      If you watch both play and you want to construct a team without looking at any bodies salary. I would rather take joe penis. Demons ankles are complete and utter shit

Comment

Meh. So it's DeRozan's defense again eh? so now you're questioning his effort defensively on JJ? lame. You REALIZE that Joe Johnson is 30-40lbs bigger than DeMar???? no one on this team can stop that dude 1 on 1. He's too big/too strong for guys like DeRozan, Ross, and Salmons. Too quick for guys like PP and Amir.

DWill is 10x the player JJ is?? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Deron Williams hasn't been the same player since he was in Utah. JJ on the other hand was an ALL STAR this year. And if you're paying attention, you'll know that he's their best offensive player.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm not sure who is better, but I wanna say that the reason DWill dominates JJ in almost every statistical category might be JJ's inconsistent focus.

I think that kind of goes out the window come the playoffs.
                          Last edited by stooley; Wed May 14, 2014, 04:32 PM.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Meh. So it's DeRozan's defense again eh? so now you're questioning his effort defensively on JJ? lame. You REALIZE that Joe Johnson is 30-40lbs bigger than DeMar???? no one on this team can stop that dude 1 on 1. He's too big/too strong for guys like DeRozan, Ross, and Salmons. Too quick for guys like PP and Amir.

DWill is 10x the player JJ is?? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Deron Williams hasn't been the same player since he was in Utah. JJ on the other hand was an ALL STAR this year. And if you're paying attention, you'll know that he's their best offensive player.
                            Thank you, no way demon is better than joe penis

Comment

• I hate stats. Stats as in TS%, FTr, STL%, BLK%, ORTG, DRTG, WS/48, AST% and more. The only stats that should matter at all are PPG, FTA/M's, FG%, 3FG%, O&D Rebounds, Assists, TO's, STL, BLK and Efficiency. That's it. Everything else is irrelevant.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

JJ had 30-40 lbs on Salmons and Ross as well, and they both struggled on him, but not nearly to the extent that DD did. Same goes for Fields, who did very well defending JJ.

Williams is slowed down because he is hurt, but he is still far better than JJ. I was being a little hyperbolic with that 10x remark, but he is definitely the better player.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X