X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Ok ok ok hold on there a second....

DeMar and Kobe have very different shots....one is ugly and the other is very pretty. DeMar has probably the ugliest shot in terms of guards who score more than 18ppg.
    Disagree. The form on Demars fade is a thing if beauty...

This from the game against the Thunder I took...

Compared to Durants...

Edit:
    Better one of Demars set shot...

Love it.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 24, 2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• DD's Jumper has improved leaps and bounds over the last three years from a form standpoint. You have to look at release and rotation..... his biggest flaw (IMO) is that he tends to lose focus and fall backward on his shots....even on the line. When he's shooting poorly you can see it. He already has a flat position at the beginning, like Jamal Wilkes, I know because I do the same thing. When you have that happening, and you start to fall back, your shot either becomes flat, or even when you get nice arc on it, it tends to fall short.

I have been really watching him this year, and this is one of the things he has fixed the most..... and his actual release and rotation...its beautiful. Nice high arching and soft shots..... love it

Comment

• Imo the ugliest part of his shot is when he gathers and starts to go up. Don't know why. Just something about it.

Comment

• Hope he can some of those beaux twos in the next game.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I find it ugly, especially the further he steps out to shoot. When he shoots from three it looks pretty bad, like he's straining really hard to make the distance.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
              I find it ugly, especially the further he steps out to shoot. When he shoots from three it looks pretty bad, like he's straining really hard to make the distance.
              It's still much better than it was. Especially from 3, even last year his form would make me cringe. Now it's not that bad, especially when he sets properly.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I disagree.

Just look at his hand positioning on the ball and where the ball is in relation to his head. It's too far back and a little further to the right than I think makes a beautiful shot. DeMar also releases with the OUTSIDE of his hand, whereas great shooters/smooth shooters release from their index.

Also DD shot is inconsistent and he has a hitch in his elbow sometimes (seen when he shoots the three).

DD really does not have a pretty shot

vs.

Also DD's release is not as smooth as someone like Kobe's or Curry's or Durant's. He doesn't extend as much and he is "stiff fingered"

For the record Durant has an unorthodox shot. It is on the left side of his face, but his release and shot prep are fantastic so it works. DD has a rough shot prep because he brings the ball so far back which breaks up the flow from the dip to the release

Comment

• as my ex would say, as long as it goes in the hole who cares
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Fuck Kobe.

This is pretty!!!

Btw, Durant's shot may be a little different but I love it all the same.

Comment

• I don't see any similarities between Kobe and DeMar's shooting form. DeMar likes to take Kobe Bryant like shot(fadeaway, spin move, finesse etc). I think he patterned his game after Kobe. That's why he looks like Kobe when he's on his game but their form is completely different.

But anyway, who really cares.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If it goes in, meh.

Look at Marion.

Comment

• Sickest form ever.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

This from the game against the Thunder I took...

Compared to Durants...

Edit:
                            Better one of Demars set shot...

Love it.
                            I assume this wasn't a camera phone. What kind of lens were you using?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I assume this wasn't a camera phone. What kind of lens were you using?
                              Nikon P510. It's got a Fixed 40X Zoom Lens.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                as my ex would say, as long as it goes in the hole who cares
                                Yeah, but if DD's shots went in more, no one would care.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X