Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

big boi wrote: View Post
    But Demar is worth 139? And Demar is a below average defender. Where he spends 50% of his time on the court. Another poster said the difference between that and what Batum signed for was immaterial. But that is a larger spread vs Conley's 153. Personally I think all 3 were worth about what Batum got. I guess I can understand Demar being an all star 2 of the last 3 years and that attacting a premium. But I think Batum might have less flaws than either. Except maybe being injury prone. But he was attracting rave reviews in the playoffs when he was healthy. About a a game and a half unfortunately. But he even played reasonably well when he came back injured. And he had a really good regular season. Spreads the floor, unselfish player. Tough defender.
    Yeah trust me I dont think Demar is worth what he got either lol and I agree Batum us the better all around player of the three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Page 1000!

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
        Incorrect. He made the All-NBA Defensive team in 2013. You realize Conley plays in the Western Conference, right? Far harder to make All-Star teams out West, as opposed to in the East. Good luck making All-Star teams behind Chris Paul, Kobe, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard and Tony Parker year in and year out. Lowry only became an All-Star after leaving the West. Huge difference.
        lowry improved and would not have made the east all star team with his early career play but you are correct in saying Conley has a huge hurdle beating out the depth of the west,

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
          Is it immaterial? I don't really know. 19M over 5 years? The difference between Conley and Demar is 14M and that seems to have gotten some people's attention. Poor job by everyone involved in Chatlotte if that 19M savings vs Demar is immaterial. What amount per year is material? Almost 4M per year is immaterial... So what is material? Over 5?

I think Batum is a comparable player. A player I would have personally preferred to Demar. But I can understand those that prefer Demar and prefer the continuity. I'm not saying it's a great deal or that Demar's is a terrible deal. Demar's could have been worse. I think I get why it is where it is, but I don't think he did us any favours. Agreeing to 120M might have been doing us a favour. But I don't know what discussions he had with MU. If there was a discussion about how much money we would have left to improve the team. Sounds like Whiteside had those discussions. I can only assume Batum did. Did Demar have that discussion?
          Batum is coming of a career year and fills the stat sheet in a more versatile manner than Demar but there is quite a gap in PPG. Demar gets the other team in foul trouble which many people seem not to bring to the table as a positive attributive. Both fellows are very good players with different skiil sets. I do wish demar signed for less but it is what it is he could have demanded the max..

Comment

Why? Why don't you think they are comparable? It was speculated that Batum would get the max with Charlotte.

I think Batum is a better team basketball player. He is a better 3 point shooter. He is a better passer. He is a better defender.

Why do you think Demar is better? Why do you think there is not even any comparison between those 2 shooting guards.
            1. Batum is a SF
            2. Offense pays. Way it's always been in this league. Him and DeMar are on very separate tiers in that regard.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
              Batum is coming of a career year and fills the stat sheet in a more versatile manner than Demar but there is quite a gap in PPG. Demar gets the other team in foul trouble which many people seem not to bring to the table as a positive attributive. Both fellows are very good players with different skiil sets. I do wish demar signed for less but it is what it is he could have demanded the max..
              In which case I would have let him walk.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                1. Batum is a SF
                2. Offense pays. Way it's always been in this league. Him and DeMar are on very separate tiers in that regard.
                And therein lies the rub. DeMar's numbers are the product of sheer volume. Batum will never get that amount of freedom to simply go get his numbers whenever he touches the ball in Charlotte. Steve Clifford wouldn't tolerate that. Does that make DeMar a better player? No. If we're talking overall impact, including defense, rebounding, playmaking and such, Batum beats him by a country mile.

Comment

And therein lies the rub. DeMar's numbers are the product of sheer volume. Batum will never get that amount of freedom to simply go get his numbers whenever he touches the ball in Charlotte. Steve Clifford wouldn't tolerate that. Does that make DeMar a better player? No. If we're talking overall impact, including defense, rebounding, playmaking and such, Batum beats him by a country mile.
                  he seemed to give that freedom to Kemba Walker and Lin to some extent

Comment

Lol check the numbers. Batum has been less efficient the past two seasons in a MUCH smaller role.

Comment

1. Batum is a SF
                      Just take a look at their usage. Not even close.

For all the good things Batum does, he has never had a usage over 22%. Also, he has a history of injuries and has never been an all-star.

Masai's a pretty smart guy. I'll trust his decision to make bringing back Demar his "number one priority."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1. Batum is a SF
                        Batum can play both SG and SF. I'm not sure that is a liability. He can defend both positions. Demar can defend neither.

1 player had commentators gushing over his playoff contribution and 1 player had commentators making fun of his selfishness in the face of horribly inefficient shooting.

On more nights than not Demar was a net negative in the playoffs.

Demar is instant offence on BOTH ends of the court. And Paul George made him his bitch throughout the Indiana series. Now that is a player. And like all the great ones - he prioritizes defence.

Demar couldn't defend him whatsoever. He owned Demar offensively. And PG also owned him defensively. I mean he absolutely owned him. But Dumbar kept going 1 on 1 Mano y Mano with him. That is a low IQ selfish player. Did that all day rather than pass it in to a dominant JV. But yeah thank the lord for his high volume low efficiency shooting. That really helped us in the playoffs.

Half of the game is defence.

When the games mattered most in the playoffs - how did Demar shoot then? What was his shooting %? Oh, let's see. His career shooting % in the playoffs is .393. Wow what an offensive juggernaut! And he can't defend anyone!

Comment

He's not even the best Raptor on the roster. It's still Lowry's team. DeRozan has never demonstrated the ability to carry this franchise or make the players around him better like Kyle can. Deal with it.
                          LOOOL, I am dealing with it . My fav Raptor just got paid BIG Bro and I will have him in my fav team for next 5 years.

Life is great for Raptor fans like me who are NOT DD haters bro.

So yah, I am dealing with it, are you ??

Comment

Lol check the numbers. Batum has been less efficient the past two seasons in a MUCH smaller role.
                            By what measure? Batum is talked about as a bit of a late bloomer similar to Lowry. Perhaps it's because he was given more of an opportunity in Charlotte similar to how Kyle was here.

Last year he averaged 15ppg 6apg and 6rpg. I for one would be okay with More shots for JV and a few less for Demar. Basically if he didn't force dumb selfish shots he'd probably shoot about the right amount. Still a large volume of shots.

Comment

1 player had commentators gushing over his playoff contribution and 1 player had commentators making fun of his selfishness in the face of horribly inefficient shooting.

On more nights than not Demar was a net negative in the playoffs.

Half of the game is defence.

When the games mattered most in the playoffs - how did Demar shoot then? What was his shooting %? Oh, let's see. His career shooting % in the playoffs is .393. Wow what an offensive juggernaut! And he can't defend anyone!
                              Batum: 37% in the playoffs this season (fun fact; Hornets won more games without him than with him). 34% last season.

Again, as a ROLE PLAYER. Keep trying bud.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                LOOOL, I am dealing with it . My fav Raptor just got paid BIG Bro and I will have him in my fav team for next 5 years.

Life is great for Raptor fans like me who are NOT DD haters bro.

So yah, I am dealing with it, are you ??
                                Yeah don't let thinking get in the way 'bro'. I think you are a hater of any type of intelligent debate 'bro'. You know what I actually hate? Trolls. And Stupidity. And stupid trolls.

Comment

Working...
                                X