Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Abbas we trust!

For what it's worth I never believed that Demar would demand max money.

He seems like a stand up guy who cares more about winning and the well being of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Thanks Abbas, but I would edit out your clue about your source now that you've said it. Don't want to get anyone in trouble.

One thing if this is all true: DeMar taking a paycut to stay in TO would really show that he cares about the city and the team, and would disprove some of the ridiculous assertions that he was just sucking up all this time as part of a long con to get paid. I mean he's still getting a ton of $$ but leaving $25 million on the table is nothing to sneeze at.

Even if he plateaus, it's a pretty reasonable deal starting in 2017-18 after the cap jumps again.

Now we have to put our trust in Abbas.
      It should be fine, theres about 30+ people that work under Teresa Resch (way more work for MLSE). Theses same people work with Masai aswell. so it shouldnt be a problem cuz i would never expose the person.
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
        I'm not cherry-picking anything. The question was can a player who showed little to no ability to be a good three point shooter earlier in their career become a good three point shooter later in their career? So I showed Rip who was a 29% three point shooter through his first 6 seasons and a 37% shooter afterwards following the first significant shift we saw in year 7 for him. Just comparing their first 7 seasons doesn't really mean anything or answer the question.
        Kawhi Leonard?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
          Kawhi Leonard?
          Nope.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            I think his overall point has some merit. A lot of posters have been proven to be way off base when it has come to DeRozan's chances to improve season to season and his long term trajectory, but rather than admit that they may have made an error in their evaluations about him, they just seem to move out the goalposts a little bit father as we move on so they can continue being "right".

For a lot of folks, he's evolved from a selfish young kid getting empty stats on a team going nowhere... to a one-dimensional ballhog who can't help make his teammates better... to a flash in the pan one time all-star who would never get back there again... to a player who could put in a really good regular season on a top 2 seed in the Conference but would get exposed in the playoffs... to a guy that will never be a good enough 3 point shooter to thrive in the "new NBA" to be the lead horse on a true contender... and on it goes until next summer when we find a new way to knock him.

I feel like at this point, DeRozan could finish top 5 in MVP voting next season and we'd still scoff because he's never going to be good enough to win the award outright. It gets a little old hearing the same group repeat over and over again that this is the summer that he's definitively capped out as a player, when you've been wrong for basically the last 4 years and counting when it comes to his ceiling.

I've never been the biggest DD fan on here, and I can't even say that some of the above statements haven't been true at various points. But take a look at the entire picture and it's pretty obvious that none of us have really had a great grasp on how much DD would improve over the years, and a little self awareness would go a long way in these conversations. The same thing can be said about Casey's performance on here, and the team in general I think.
            Good post. I for one have changed my view on DC this season based on his willingness to adjust and be less stubborn. DD continues to improve. IF he could up his defence he may merit the big contract he is going to get. He just needs to remember to pass the ball and not go into hero mode. My biggest concern with regards to DD is not his development/performance --it's his value to the overall team. At 25M a year potentially that could limit other roster improvements. There is no doubt in my mind that MU will resign him. The only question is for how much? Unless DD does not want to return he will be resigned.

Comment

I think his overall point has some merit. A lot of posters have been proven to be way off base when it has come to DeRozan's chances to improve season to season and his long term trajectory, but rather than admit that they may have made an error in their evaluations about him, they just seem to move out the goalposts a little bit father as we move on so they can continue being "right".

For a lot of folks, he's evolved from a selfish young kid getting empty stats on a team going nowhere... to a one-dimensional ballhog who can't help make his teammates better... to a flash in the pan one time all-star who would never get back there again... to a player who could put in a really good regular season on a top 2 seed in the Conference but would get exposed in the playoffs... to a guy that will never be a good enough 3 point shooter to thrive in the "new NBA" to be the lead horse on a true contender... and on it goes until next summer when we find a new way to knock him.

I feel like at this point, DeRozan could finish top 5 in MVP voting next season and we'd still scoff because he's never going to be good enough to win the award outright. It gets a little old hearing the same group repeat over and over again that this is the summer that he's definitively capped out as a player, when you've been wrong for basically the last 4 years and counting when it comes to his ceiling.

I've never been the biggest DD fan on here, and I can't even say that some of the above statements haven't been true at various points. But take a look at the entire picture and it's pretty obvious that none of us have really had a great grasp on how much DD would improve over the years, and a little self awareness would go a long way in these conversations. The same thing can be said about Casey's performance on here, and the team in general I think.
              I just want this ^^^ to exist again

Comment

+1
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• My Position is that DeRozan is amazing! It's incredibly hard to become a average starting SG in the NBA! However, he is simply not good enough to be in the top 3 in either usage or salary. If he would be happy being 4-5, I'd even be OKish with #3, in usage and salary he would be an awesome asset to the team. At top-2 in either, he hurts the team.

Comment

Ive been debating about Demar every year since he was drafted.
                    I remember one year being told outright that Demar could never get to 30% 3pt by Matt52. The year Demar averaged 30% I brought it back up to Matt52, and he completely dismissed that he was wrong and wrote a whole new paragraph about what else was wrong with Demar.
                    I remember when everyone had tank avatars, yet some of us preached consistency as a way forward. We pointed to the signs of improvement and the trajectory of potential that Demar has shown pretty much ever year. We were told that potential will cap at each year, yet here we are still talking about Demar improving.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      I remember one year being told outright that Demar could never get to 30% 3pt by Matt52. The year Demar averaged 30% I brought it back up to Matt52, and he completely dismissed that he was wrong and wrote a whole new paragraph about what else was wrong with Demar.
                      I remember when everyone had tank avatars, yet some of us preached consistency as a way forward. We pointed to the signs of improvement and the trajectory of potential that Demar has shown pretty much ever year. We were told that potential will cap at each year, yet here we are still talking about Demar improving.
                      LOL. I just realized I've been on here for nearly 6 years and this Derozan back and forth has been going since the day I joined. The whole site and forums have come a long way since then..... Matt52, there's a poster from the past. I'm old enough to remember both his incarnations here....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        LOL. I just realized I've been on here for nearly 6 years and this Derozan back and forth has been going since the day I joined. The whole site and forums have come a long way since then..... Matt52, there's a poster from the past. I'm old enough to remember both his incarnations here....
                        It would be interesting to know how many people joined these forums/first visited this site in the spring/summer of 2010 when the legendary "summer of 2010" hype was on its way to reaching its peak. Would have to be much higher than the normal rate I imagine.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          I had to do a lot of back-reading when I started posting here, because the first few months were full of multiple people accusing me of being Matt52.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            well to be fair he shot exactly 30% in that year on ~200 attempts. not exactly all that impressive.

And this year he shot 34% on 140 attempts. Norman Powell attempted 2/3rds as many threes in 1/4 of the minutes that Derozan played.

He wasn't, and still isn't, a three point threat.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              well to be fair he shot exactly 30% in that year on ~200 attempts. not exactly all that impressive.

And this year he shot 34% on 140 attempts. Norman Powell attempted 2/3rds as many threes in 1/4 of the minutes that Derozan played.

He wasn't, and still isn't, a three point threat.
                              I'd say 4/26 (15.4%) on threes in the playoffs adequately sums up his three point shooting skills

Comment

• With the new $94m cap projection, DeMar's 5yr max is now up to $152m.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X