No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis's game is nothing like Bosh. His ceiling is as an all-star Emeka Okafor.

Derozan's potential is unlimited. Last year, he had no jump shot and inconsistent free throw. This year he has both, look for him to keep on improving his rebounding and 3-point shooting. His ceiling is unlimited.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• if youre talking that has more potential to be a superstar? then i gotta say demar but i think both will be either reach or be close to superstars when they reach their prime they are both improving at what theyre already good at and adding new fachets to theyr're game

Comment

• i say demar. BTW Who wants Derozan to do a 360 dunk during a fastbreak? that would be fckin epic! and im not trying to make him sound like VC, im just saying how awesome it would be to see that again. I wonder if he could pull off a 720?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          They're so different.

Who was better Shaq or Kobe?
          Whats better an Apple or an Orange?

You can't really say without a shadow of a doubt because they are totally different monsters.
          In my opinion they both exhibit 'Sky is the limit' type of talent.
          I'm not asking who's better at playing PF. I'm asking which player will have a better career. This has nothing to do with positional play. Of course they're different.

Comment

• Seeing how much progress he has made in just a year, i would have to go with demar!
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
              i say demar. BTW Who wants Derozan to do a 360 dunk during a fastbreak? that would be fckin epic! and im not trying to make him sound like VC, im just saying how awesome it would be to see that again. I wonder if he could pull off a 720?
              I was saying the same thing to my buddy yesterday during the game. I would LOVE to see derozan throw down a "VC dunk" during a game. Just like a windmill or 360 would be great. He has had a few oppurtunities (some on alley oops) but i can see why he doesnt be fancy and just puts it in the hoop. The spin dunk he had over 2.5 jazz players was rediculous and better make top 10 of the year. Thats just as good as blakes dunk on gallinari if not better IMO. look at the difference.

Blake vs. Gallinari?

Demar Vs. Jefferson, miles and favors?

Demar wins. Sorry if i went a little off topic.
              Last edited by pesterm1; Thu Mar 10, 2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• ED.

A good big man is more valuable than a good guard.

In addition I see a leader's look in Ed's eyes and demeanor...not so in DD at this time. Next season will be a better time to ask the same question.

Comment

• Big Ed he could be a monster down there he has shown flashes on BOTH ends which any raptors fan out there can appriciate. Especially because we had Bosh for so many years and he just couldnt bring it consistanly on D, I would actually be really happy if ED could avg 14 10 and play some mean fucking D.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    I was saying the same thing to my buddy yesterday during the game. I would LOVE to see derozan throw down a "VC dunk" during a game. Just like a windmill or 360 would be great. He has had a few oppurtunities (some on alley oops) but i can see why he doesnt be fancy and just puts it in the hoop. The spin dunk he had over 2.5 jazz players was rediculous and better make top 10 of the year. Thats just as good as blakes dunk on gallinari if not better IMO. look at the difference.

Blake vs. Gallinari?

Demar Vs. Jefferson, miles and favors?

Demar wins. Sorry if i went a little off topic.
                    This guy needs to throws down a 360 through the legs dunk during a fastbreak. I would literally cry if he did that

Comment

• You can't compare the two. Their games are different and they give to a team in a different way. I think most people will agree that both will become very productive players in the league as long as they keep working. They need to work out with Karl Malone

Comment

• Davis will be the better, and more important player IMO.

Comment

• Davis because he has great potential on both sides of the floor.

Comment

• Apollo wrote:
                            Which player has the most upside? Who do you feel will turn out to be the better pro?
                            Definitely Ed Davis - a big man with defensive fundamentals undersood pat is a dime a dozen in the league these days. Ed Davis just needs some meat on his bones and offseason work with the offensive big man changing coach in Alex English . In addition, Ed should learn some defense from the best in his position in Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan and some offense from Tim Duncan (bank shots), Nene, Al Jefferson, Luis Scola(last 3 on post moves in the post) and Pau Gasol(especially this guy, he keeps the ball up so he hardly gets stripped of the ball by pesky guards in the league and his shot mechanics, body form when he is shooting jumpers) through watching videos in the offseason too. I see Ed Davis as our future starting PF imo (as long as management is not still a joke in the league at the end of his rookie contract, if not, he is gone sigh ).

However, DD is not far too. DD should get in the gym with Dale Ellis, Peja Stojakovic and Ray Allen (loveable guys that will be willing to help a fellow basketball player) shooting at least 1000 3 point jumpers a day with correction on body form and shot mechanics, get some post moves from Kobe Bryant. Consequently, DD should get in the gym with Eric Hughes too on his mid-range shots. Finally, DD should watch the master foul getters that are not superstars in Kevin Martin and Corey Maggette (look at their body languages and voices they make when fouled and emulate). I see DD as a 20-25 ppg(the later number will be if refs start giving him some calls to the free throw line) which is not bad. After that in the offseason preceding his 4th year, he should go through ball handling drills to improve his ball handling and some work with a veteran point guard (Chauncey Billups?) on how to drive and kick and passing the ball out of double team thereby improving his severe tunnel vision.

My 2 cents .
                            Last edited by smushmush; Fri Mar 11, 2011, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Both will be reliable starters in the NBA, but stars? Kobe and VC? Unlimited potential? Are you people all on crack?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Whats better an Apple or an Orange?
                                Apples. this discussion is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X