• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    In case someone didn't already hear:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...oronto-raptors

There's no reason for him to lie now.
    That is awesome. Sign the man. His Chemistry with Lowry, familiarity with DC's system is irreplaceable.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      I just don't buy into the idea of 'replacing him'. Why can't solid shooting and defense on lower usage replace him, then transfer the remainder of that usage to JV, Carroll and whoever the starting PF is through better ball movement?
      I count seven fundamental assumptions in that second sentence and none of them are safe assumptions at all.

Comment

• Addition by subtraction?

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          That is awesome. Sign the man. His Chemistry with Lowry, familiarity with DC's system is irreplaceable.
          System? The same system that virtually every basketball analyst that isn't affiliated with the Toronto media or on MLSE's payroll has been ripping to shreds as one-dimensional, unimaginative, and dependent on drawing fouls for over a month now?

Comment

• You know people like to use Rudy Gay in Memphis as an example against DeMar. But I remember the complaint from Memphis these past few years was that they didn't have a wing player who could create for them off the dribble.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
              You know people like to use Rudy Gay in Memphis as an example against DeMar. But I remember the complaint from Memphis these past few years was that they didn't have a wing player who could create for them off the dribble.
              Memphis was doing fine w/o Rudy. Hell, if Conley hand't broken his face last year, they might have beat Golden State.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Damn. Time flies!!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think he'll be back on a negotiated deal that isn't the FULL max. And I'll be happy to see it.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                    You know people like to use Rudy Gay in Memphis as an example against DeMar. But I remember the complaint from Memphis these past few years was that they didn't have a wing player who could create for them off the dribble.
                    The comparison is more about wing player with limited range and defence on a max-ish contract than exact games though. Both guys represent large cap investments with questionable talents and wins generated - the Rudy trade didn't really net Memphis anything, yet people are hoping that Demar can be flipped for lotto picks or great players if necessary, just doesn't seem realistic.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• His defence concerns me more that offensive discussions. This is a tough call. As we've seen defence is everything in the playoffs. He deserves respect and gratitude but mortgaging the next 5 years I don't know.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        I think he'll be back on a negotiated deal that isn't the FULL max. And I'll be happy to see it.
                        Similar to Carmelo Anthony? Leaving crumbs on the table won't get us a PF.

Comment

• Multiple choice:
                          A) Masai will offer DeMar the max
                          B) DeMar will offer to resign with the raps for the max
                          C) Both of the above
                          D) None of the above

(I do this with apologies to anyone on this forum currently going through exams and still spooked by multiple choice questions)

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Memphis was doing fine w/o Rudy. Hell, if Conley hand't broken his face last year, they might have beat Golden State.
                            DD is better than Rudy. You're also missing the point about them losing a star for nothing when he clearly has worth on the market. The American media machine always fires up "rumor" after "rumor" whenever a Toronto star hits the market. It's a good sign he's valued. They did it with Carter before he extended. They did in with Bosh before he extended. They did it with Bosh again before he left. I can go on...

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Similar to Carmelo Anthony? Leaving crumbs on the table won't get us a PF.
                            They'll get their PF in the draft. There are a bunch of highly promising PF that will be there at 9. If not that then Ujiri has enough assets to upgrade the 4 by way of trade. DD's contract doesn't block anything but going after high profile FA's who probably wouldn't be lured here anyway.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              DD is better than Rudy.
                              Clearly this was a drunk post, so I'll give you a mulligan here.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I still think it's RIDICULOUS that some are arguing that we should just let Demar walk..... Don't quit your day jobs... That's all I have to say about that!

Demar leaving us doesn't make Lowry better. Demar leaving us doesn't make JV better (thanks for your opinion though). Demar leaving us doesn't make us better....Actually I think it makes us much worse. Even if he did walk, we wouldn't have enough cap space to offer the max to anyone else worth signing, without clearing cap room. We have Demar's bird rights so we can go over the cap to sign him.

High character all-star players don't just grow on trees. This is a stars league man.... We need to add stars, not subtract.

You need talent to win championships. We were ridiculed about our ball movement but we went to game 6 in the Eastern Finals with a MUCH less talented team than the Cavs AND JV missing most of the second round and East Finals.

Demar was a big part of this team's success. Letting him walk would be foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X