Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Gotta hand it to the kid. I like hearing this, and look forward to seeing the results:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/29...ff-for-derozan

If DeRozan feels he can get fouled easier, that is a scary proposition for the rest of the NBA. He was already in elite company last year in this area.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      When have you ever seen DeRozan use handles like that in a game ever before? Looks a lot better than the times he dribbled off his foot, right? He didn't even attempt a crossover those times did he? That's why we say his handles look good. And no one was even saying much, there were literally three comments that even mention how much that poster thought his handles had improved (and two of those comments were by the same poster!). And for this you had to come in and act all arrogant like others are stupid for even thinking those videos mean anything. It just really wasn't necessary at all.
      i have no idea what footage of newfound handles you're talking about. if you're referring to the instagram videos, then who cares.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

"Those handles are looking pretty tight!"

I believe they took exception to this ...

I really can't begin to see the problem with this comment.

Joey wrote: View Post
        Drew League. FIBA. Shitty 15 second Instagram Videos. It's really quite evident.
        it was more this line. maybe i took it stronger than it actually sounded. But to me it seemed like people were convinced by those shoddy examples that his handles are clearly much better now.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          it was more this line. maybe i took it stronger than it actually sounded. But to me it seemed like people were convinced by those shoddy examples that his handles are clearly much better now.
          Well first off, I thought it was pretty clearly tongue-in-cheek ... but fair enough, this is a forum. LOL

As for the second part, its not so much "being convinced that his handles are clearly much better now"; its more the fact that he is very obviously putting ALOT of time, energy and effort into improving his handles, and we all know (or at least should by now) that when Demar sets out to improve himself, he generally does a damn good job at it. Thats where the excitement comes from, at least for me. The effort he's putting into his handles is VERY evident, and again, in my opinion, the sheer amount of footage of him doing some very impressive handling, shows me that his efforts are paying off. If you don't agree, thats totally cool, but I don't think its fair for you guys to shit all over people who are excited by these videos Demar is sharing, as not one person, at least that I can see, has come out and said "Demar is now Iverson, watch out league!!"

Comment

• Good read. Top 30 i think is fair. I'm still flabbergasted with SI's ranking though. So disrespectful.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I expect a number of high-flying dunks that’ll take me back to your gravity-defying shows of athleticism in Dunk Contests of All-Star Weekends past. I expect more career-high nights in the form of 40-point games here or there and some sweet dishin’ to your teammates. I expect a second appearance at the All-Star Game, which will come at the perfect halfway mark of the season, giving you a well-deserved break and some time to kick back in New York City. I expect you to take the Toronto Raptors to another Playoffs berth, with help from guys like Kyle Lowry who is an integral part of the North’s chemistry and the added bench support from new additions like Lou Williams. I also expect some more tweets from you, because I’m a Twitter gal.

I hope this is true. Being ranked 30 is definitely fair.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This is Demar's workout
                  Amazing video and hes making insane shots
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

This is Demar's workout
                    He's going to have a good season, I think lol
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

This is Demar's workout
                      Wow... this is incredibly inspiring. I'm going straight to 2k15 to get some practice in!

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                        Wow... this is incredibly inspiring. I'm going straight to 2k15 to get some practice in!
                        hahahhaahhahaha
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• His game is going to a whole other level this year....25, 5 and 5 with better efficiency
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            His game is going to a whole other level this year....25, 5 and 5 with better efficiency
                            I'm not sure a bump in points is really a good sign, speaking from a team perspective. If DeMar is scoring 25 ppg as we got deeper and our young players have another year under their belt, could be a sign that guys aren't performing, or aren't being included well enough (specifically JV, Ross and Lou)...It could also mean giving DeMar a heavy load that should ideally be unnecessary, and could wear him out for the playoffs.

I'd be thrilled with 20-22 ppg (in the same range as last year), with 5+ apg, and rpg I'm less picky (4.3 from last year is fine, but I'm happy if it bumps up a bit)....But definitely with better efficiency, ideally finally including more reliable 3pt shooting.

*I"m not suggesting I wouldn't be happy if he's capable of putting up those numbers, I just hope our whole team is playing so well that the wealth is spread out a bit.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Oct 10, 2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• It could only be preseason but Derozan looks like he picked up some stuff from Harden. He sells fouls better and completes plays more after contact.

Comment

• If the bump was to 25, "with better efficiency", as was the point, how could that not be a "good sign"? You're over-analyzing and making a leap when you say that 3-5 more points than you'd be thrilled with, translates to JV and Ross not performing, or not getting involved enough. DeMar could be doing that 25 efficient points, with neither of those scenarios being true. C'mon, if DeMar hasn't proven to be a team guy by now.............. If those guys are productive and helping with winning, they'll get theirs.

Comment

Working...
                                X