Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Fwiw this is actually a discussion board, not an argument board. When you start arguments, declare yourself the winner arbitrarily, then gloat about said mundane and self created argument, you officially become the most annoying person on earth.

Comment

• Not sure that Im buying that DD is struggling.

I mean the moves, intensity, shots, defense, and passing are all on par with what he was doing in the season.

We've seen a ton of 5/18 games from him but now he aint getting the whistle....nothin new and nothing he can control

His defensivr intensity is about the same. Still looks off JV and halts the offense whenever he touches the ball.

This is regular season DD people. Just needs to realize this is the playoffs.

The Pacers did a good job denying him the ball this past game. I think Vogel should let DD touch the ball as much as possible and focus on giving as little help as possible (JV roll so difficult tho). DD would put up a good individual game but his dumbass would shoot us out of the team game lol

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I won the argument yesterday.
        Barry Horowitz
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So here's why I think benching DeRozan in future games would be a mistake: he has a lot of value simply as a George decoy. I'd decrease DeRozan's shots until he shows that he can make them, but I'd continue (infact I'd increase) running DeRozan through screens to get him open (particularly pin-downs for corner 3s), because that's the best way to make George work hard on defense, and particularly with running DeRozan out to the corner, it drags George away from the ball, which is a positive. Keep George as far away from the point of attack as possible, keep running the Lowry/JV PnR as your bread and butter.

Right now, George vs. DeRozan is the only matchup that the Pacers are winning, so if the Raptors do whatever they can to minimize the effect of that matchup, their advantage at other starting positions, and on the bench, is magnified.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I want to invite her to RR to see how long she'd last before getting banned.
            She sounds like a massive twat.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Not sure that Im buying that DD is struggling.

I mean the moves, intensity, shots, defense, and passing are all on par with what he was doing in the season.

We've seen a ton of 5/18 games from him but now he aint getting the whistle....nothin new and nothing he can control

His defensivr intensity is about the same. Still looks off JV and halts the offense whenever he touches the ball.

This is regular season DD people. Just needs to realize this is the playoffs.

The Pacers did a good job denying him the ball this past game. I think Vogel should let DD touch the ball as much as possible and focus on giving as little help as possible (JV roll so difficult tho). DD would put up a good individual game but his dumbass would shoot us out of the team game lol
              Exactly. This is exactly what we predicted would happen months ago much to the dismay of derozan lovers. There is no shock here. The only disappointment is that derozan is going through his second straight playoff series where he refuses to adjust his game for the betterment of the team and continues to play like a selfish dunce. We can all thank Casey for finally coming to his senses and removing him from the equation. I read somewhere yesterday we were up 40-26 when derozan re-entered the game in the second quarter. We were up 5 by halftime. Keeping derozan out of the 4th allowed us to balloon to a 19 point lead again. There is no coincidence.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                So here's why I think benching DeRozan in future games would be a mistake: he has a lot of value simply as a George decoy. I'd decrease DeRozan's shots until he shows that he can make them, but I'd continue (infact I'd increase) running DeRozan through screens to get him open (particularly pin-downs for corner 3s), because that's the best way to make George work hard on defense, and particularly with running DeRozan out to the corner, it drags George away from the ball, which is a positive. Keep George as far away from the point of attack as possible, keep running the Lowry/JV PnR as your bread and butter.

Right now, George vs. DeRozan is the only matchup that the Pacers are winning, so if the Raptors do whatever they can to minimize the effect of that matchup, their advantage at other starting positions, and on the bench, is magnified.
                The problem is, on the other end, the Pacers are taking DeMar to task no matter who he's guarding. That's a big problem.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  The problem is, on the other end, the Pacers are taking DeMar to task no matter who he's guarding. That's a big problem.
                  Benching him creates more problems for Lowry though. Not worth it. DD either has to play a small role covered by George or make Hill/Ellis pay if they switch coverage.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Benching him creates more problems for Lowry though. Not worth it. DD either has to play a small role covered by George or make Hill/Ellis pay if they switch coverage.
                    Regardless of who's covering him, he needs to play defense to play though.

Comment

Not if you are pegging Cory for those minutes. Cory + Kyle match up better against the Pacers backcourt both ways than anything Demar is doing right now.

Comment

The problem is he'd rather go down swinging than win in a smaller role

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                          The problem is he'd rather go down swinging than win in a smaller role
                          The guy benched himself pretty much...
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            The guy benched himself pretty much...
                            Casey said post-game that he didn't talk to DeMar during the fourth quarter. So this mythical conversation where DeMar benched himself never happened.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I don't think anyone here has "given up" on DeRozan. He just needs a lesson in humility, and to learn from his (repeated) mistakes.
                              People were writing that DeRozan should be benched for the rest of the series, that he shouldn't be re-signed, etc. I agree that he needs to learn from his mistakes but I also think completely turning on the guy is a little unwarranted.

After Dallas collapsed in '06, with Dirk shooting 38% from the field, a lot of people said Dirk would never be a championship leader, that he was too soft. Sometimes it takes adversity to learn these lessons. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                People were writing that DeRozan should be benched for the rest of the series, that he shouldn't be re-signed, etc. I agree that he needs to learn from his mistakes but I also think completely turning on the guy is a little unwarranted.

After Dallas collapsed in '06, with Dirk shooting 38% from the field, a lot of people said Dirk would never be a championship leader, that he was too soft. Sometimes it takes adversity to learn these lessons. That's all I'm saying.
                                Ok. Writing that DeMar should come off the bench isn't saying he should be benched.

It's saying that for this series, he might be better off getting more of his minutes against bench units.

Comment

Working...
                                X