No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. DeRozan is 21. He is being given big minutes for the first time in his career. Give it time.

Comment

• he will be good he is just not hitting his open jumpers, once he does that he will be better and the team will be better last thing he needs to do is force his game.

Comment

• I agree grindhouse. English has been helping Amir's shooting, so hopefully Demar is working on his shooting like a demon as well and we will see an improvement as the season progresses. Dude's got game, just needs improved shooting skills and better consistency.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Could we get Brook Lopez for Derozan?

The salaries and contracts match I believe.

I think with the addition of Bayless and the play of Weems, we could consider this type of deal to get another big bruiser?

Comment

• If NJ will not give up Lopez to get Carmelo Anthony I doubt they are interested in DD.

Also, Lopez is not a big bruiser. He is averaging 6.4rebs a game. I can't remember where I read it but he was described as a finese big man.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              If NJ will not give up Lopez to get Carmelo Anthony I doubt they are interested in DD.

Also, Lopez is not a big bruiser. He is averaging 6.4rebs a game. I can't remember where I read it but he was described as a finese big man.
              Arggg..we've already had one of those guys before...

Comment

• Its a good question, I think Derozan will actually be a better player down the road. Lopez does seem to be the franchise though, so I don't think it will happen.

Comment

• I wouldnt give up on DD just yet.
                  Triano just needs to slap him a couple of times or light his jersey on fire to get him going.
                  Once he realizes what he needs to do, i think he'll be up there with the best.

For some odd reason, the Raptors always get these types of players, theyre good with lots of potential, but theyre too nice. DD just needs to say WTF out loud and start slamming on everybody that stands in his way.
                  Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• I think so too, but I wonder if we are loading up with 2 many fast wingers. Barbo, Weems, Bayless, Dero. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a glut of fast gunners though does it.

Comment

• Isn't this kindda obvious? BC would jump on this one faster than you could say "Gone!" Only one problem, there is absolutely zero chance anyone from the Nets would even consider it in their dreams - Lopez is a very talented young big which has had a very good last season, while DD is just an athletic guard without a developed outside shot whose play is quite erratic. Not saying DD won't develop into quality starting guard in the league one day, but Lopez's ceiling is more like 7x All-Star.

Comment

• Hell no, Don't be stupid Man
                        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

• I don't think it's "stupid"... in terms of ability to play their assigned position, Lopez is better at his than Dero at his. It's a matter of who has more "upside potential" and what position we need

Comment

• Its ver..."optimistic"

in the end, we should not give him up and they should not give him up

and especially with his poor play of late (ill be it not that bad) i doubt NJ would consider it

Salaries match and all, but that dosnt mean anything

But hey, and idea is an idea, people said the same thing when we drafted bargnani (example "Not good enough to be in the league, etc.).

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                              I don't think it's "stupid"... in terms of ability to play their assigned position, Lopez is better at his than Dero at his. It's a matter of who has more "upside potential" and what position we need
                              Sorry I didn't mean for my comment to be derogatory, but you have to use some common sence here. Why would NJ trade their only player who is recognized in the east as one of the best centers (remember all the threads that had everyone put Lopez ahead of Barney for top 10 centers) and who's upside is a bona fide AllStar in some Upcomming years, and quite possibly the future Of the NJ franchise, for Demar.

Let me put it to you this way, Brook Lopez was ranked 15th in the fantasy rankings this year(one ahead of dwight). Demar -142
                              I wouldnt do that trade in Fantasy, let alone reality.
                              What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote:
                                The salaries and contracts match I believe.

I think with the addition of Bayless and the play of Weems, we could consider this type of deal to get another big bruiser?
                                Bayless has played one game!! and has no where near the upside of DeRozen. Give DeRozen time he's 20 and scrawny.
                                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                                X