Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Why would he be 4th and 5th option?
    There was a reference made to his first couple seasons, and specifically his first season, where he had sub-20 usage, to suggest he would have a higher efficiency with that usage. And that sort of usage means 4th option (traditionally you are looking at a 25ish, a 22ish, a 20, a high teens and a low teens usage in a lineup - he'd be the "high teens" option if he reverted to rookie year usage).

And that's my point - he'll never revert to that sort of usage, so whether he'd be significantly more efficient or not is kind of irrelevant.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I really don't think there's anything new to be said, that hasn't already been covered in the previous 7,737 posts over 5 years.

It's all up to Masai now....

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
        Like the allstar game?

Lol.

Dmc and demar would he a terrible duo, demar would look off dmc and would crowd his space on the court
        Lmao Wat. Dmc would kick demars ass if he looked him off. One superstar that I think could turn this team around is dmc. Damn, so much talent wasted on a terribly run franchise.

Just look at what happened to gay when he started playing for him. He became way more efficient, and dd wasn't nearly the chucker gay was.
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I wouldn't pay him more than $15 mil/yr. I would rather trade him for high draft picks. If you look at teams like GW or Clev, DD would only be a role player on these teams.
          Once we drafted Vince, and we were lucky that he exploded, as he did, veterans like Oak, Antonio Davis, Dell Curry did not mind coming to Toronto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• i'm with DanH. i loathe his game. i actually wouldn't want to spend any more money on him but that's bad asset management. to me the absolute best move is to trade him. a highish draft pick would be great but i think at the end of the day you have to move him and you pretty much just take the best deal.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              12 -14 per year

anything over 16 starts getting a little ridiculous
              With this Salary Cap, I think 13-15. The fact that cap is going up, I am comfortable with 18-20 which basically translates to 15 under this cap.

Comment

• coulj wrote: View Post
                I wouldn't pay him more than $15 mil/yr. I would rather trade him for high draft picks. If you look at teams like GW or Clev, DD would only be a role player on these teams.
                Once we drafted Vince, and we were lucky that he exploded, as he did, veterans like Oak, Antonio Davis, Dell Curry did not mind coming to Toronto.

Well, 2 out of 3 of those players were traded here (Dell signed). They did sign Mark Jackson too though....who was then traded along with Muggsy for Chris Childs.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  With this Salary Cap, I think 13-15. The fact that cap is going up, I am comfortable with 18-20 which basically translates to 15 under this cap.
                  And then the cap goes down and DD has a worse contract for production than Joe Johnson

Serious DD is worth about 6-8 mil as a bench scorer, because that is all he will be on any other team than TO. Guy is gifted so many play sets run for him

Comment

• Agree, but whether they were traded or signed, they were happy to come to Toronto play along side a very talented young player, who seems to be destined to become , " the next great one" !

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      And then the cap goes down and DD has a worse contract for production than Joe Johnson

Serious DD is worth about 6-8 mil as a bench scorer, because that is all he will be on any other team than TO. Guy is gifted so many play sets run for him
                      Yeah see, this is why the DeRozan debate can never be a civil one.

This is a massive underrating of both DeRozan's worth and ability on the court. Obviously he's not a franchise player, but you don't need to undersell him like this to make your point. DeRozan is most definitely worth more than 6-8M per season.

Comment

• What's the most you would pay DeMar after next season?

JWash wrote: View Post

This is a massive underrating of both DeRozan's worth and ability on the court. Obviously he's not a franchise player, but you don't need to undersell him like this to make your point. DeRozan is most definitely worth more than 6-8M per season.
                        Guess it depends on whether you think he's a starter or not.

If you see him in a Lou Williams role, then $8M is fair (with the cap jump).
                        Last edited by Axel; Sat May 30, 2015, 09:26 AM.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

The cap is not going down. The cap is going up due to the TV deal and you can guarantee that all the players salaries will too.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            The cap is not going down. The cap is going up due to the TV deal and you can guarantee that all the players salaries will too.
                            Initial cap inflation is based on estimates. There is an expected cap decrease in 2018 (I think). It's been brought up in other threads.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Initial cap inflation is based on estimates. There is an expected cap decrease in 2018 (I think). It's been brought up in other threads.
                              Yep. But his point stands. The cap will likely never be nearly as low as it is now.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post

The reason the debate can't be a civil one is that posters like you state under rating as though it is a fact, immediately dismissing the other poster's opinion, and don't provide evidence of why DeRozan provides more than 6-8M of value to his team.

I'll start. DeRozan has consistently over the past couple years posted average impact ratings (RPM) and as such is an average player worth the average salary. Right now that average is about 6M, and it will go up to a little over 8M next summer.

See, evidence to support a claim. Now, that's clearly not the entire picture, but it's a concrete start that can be countered.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X