Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Hey guys!

Good news. By selective bias, I can prove that our 3pt shooters didn't struggle in the playoffs. Patterson shot 41% against Indiana, Carroll shot 47% against Miami, and Ross shot 35% against Miami.

Clearly, our struggles in the playoffs had nothing to do with our 3pt shooters, because for certain stretches of games they were each good!
    they all hand hands in our wins, except ross. thanks for that barolt. the role players are supposed to show up every now and then.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      they all hand hands in our wins, except ross. thanks for that barolt. the role players are supposed to show up every now and then.
      But you and I both know that's not the whole picture. The whole picture is that they struggled to hit 3s in the playoffs, just like DeMar largely struggled in the playoffs.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

But you and I both know that's not the whole picture. The whole picture is that they struggled to hit 3s in the playoffs, just like DeMar largely struggled in the playoffs.
        again, never, never, never said he didn't. said and am saying the right move for the team is to resign him.

Comment

Hey guys!

Good news. By selective bias, I can prove that our 3pt shooters didn't struggle in the playoffs. Patterson shot 41% against Indiana, Carroll shot 47% against Miami, and Ross shot 35% against Miami.

Clearly, our struggles in the playoffs had nothing to do with our 3pt shooters, because for certain stretches of games they were each good!
          Now post their numbers in the East Finals (where it really matters due to the level of competition you're facing).

Forget it... I'll do it myself

Patterson shot 32% from 3s
          Caroll shot 19.2% from 3s
          Ross shot 29.4% from 3s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            I'm convinced Ross is gone. Need to make room to keep Biz and we can probably get a first round pick for him.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              I'm convinced Ross is gone. Need to make room to keep Biz and we can probably get a first round pick for him.

i was just throwing ross in there because i know barolt likes him. lol

pre 17 million biyombo i thought so too. now not so sure.

Comment

Now post their numbers in the East Finals (where it really matters due to the level of competition you're facing).

Forget it... I'll do it myself

Patterson shot 32% from 3s
                Caroll shot 19.2% from 3s
                Ross shot 29.4% from 3s

All playoff games matter. You're ignoring the fact that those role players carried DeMar for 10 games, and claiming that the East Finals are the 'only series that really matters' because it's where DeMar was good.

You don't get to the East Finals without getting through the earlier rounds, and if DeMar didn't shit the bed so hard in the first 10 games of the playoffs, maybe we get to the Finals more rested and can make more of a series of it.

For the record, DeMar's first 10 games of the playoffs:

18.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 2.3 turnovers on 33/16/77 shooting splits. 29.7% usage, 40.8% true shooting, 34.6% eFG. 14.5% assist rate.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

All playoff games matter. You're ignoring the fact that those role players carried DeMar for 10 games, and claiming that the East Finals are the 'only series that really matters' because it's where DeMar was good.

You don't get to the East Finals without getting through the earlier rounds, and if DeMar didn't shit the bed so hard in the first 10 games of the playoffs, maybe we get to the Finals more rested and can make more of a series of it.

For the record, DeMar's first 10 games of the playoffs:

18.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 2.3 turnovers on 33/16/77 shooting splits. 29.7% usage, 40.8% true shooting, 34.6% eFG. 14.5% assist rate.
                  It's much harder to replace all-stars than it is to replace role players.

Both Demar and Kyle struggled offensively and defensively in the first 10 games, by the way. Those two had unbelievable pressure on them and it affected them obviously.

The experience they gained by going through those struggles can't be measured by stats. They both showed their character by the end of it all. That's what matters.

Comment

Both Demar and Kyle struggled offensively and defensively in the first 10 games, by the way. Those two had unbelievable pressure on them and it affected them obviously.

The experience they gained by going through those struggles can't be measured by stats. They both showed their character by the end of it all. That's what matters.

You really shouldn't lump Lowry in with DeRozan. Lowry was only having issues with his shooting. Every other facet offensively and defensively was more than fine (which was why, in spite of the shooting issues, the team was significantly better with him on the court than with him off the court).
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I agree with you and I think they will go back and watch film and realize to trust the team instead of forcing it. I also believe JV will be respected more from them. It's a learning process and Iam pretty confident they will continue to get better and trust their teammates.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                        I agree with you and I think they will go back and watch film and realize to trust the team instead of forcing it. I also believe JV will be respected more from them. It's a learning process and Iam pretty confident they will continue to get better and trust their teammates.
                        With Casey set to return as coach next season, I don't agree that they will watch film and suddenly start sharing the ball, nor will JV get a larger role. Yes, it is a learning process, but the Raptors were making the same mistakes against the Cavaliers that they made against the Pacers and Heat-- many of which we saw them make throughout the regular season, but they were winning in spite of them.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          What he is and how much money seem much more important than what others think. Making decisions because of what others think or because you're scared of how to replace the guy doesn't sound like a successful GM. Demar's scoring is probably the easiest thing to replace.

Demar is very lucky to have his UFA coincide with the cap jump because there are significantly more max cap space teams than max cap players available this summer. That skews the market significantly, so yes, in the inflated market, max is the market rate. It's still an overpay for guy who really regressed in the playoffs for the vast majority of games.

He is likely back, but that doesn't mean it is the right decision. Easy decision yes, but elevating this team more will be very very difficult when we are capped out from Demar.
                          Pissing away assets by making decisions counter to market forces doesn't sound like successful management is more like it.

The argument against him is:

- "I don't like his game."
                          - "We can replacement with what we have in house."
                          - "We can't win with him."

Where this goes wrong is:

- it doesn't matter if we like his game.
                          - he can't be replaced in house, the guy doesn't exist. The guys don't exist to pull it off.
                          - they overachieved this season when you look at darn near any estimate at the start of the season.
                          - to lose him for nothing sets the team back because he has real market worth. He's young, had a phenomenal season especially in the ECF.
                          - you don't build winners based on gut and feelings. You build winners based on maximizing value and no one can honestly say they're replacing DD with an equal or better asset value by letting him walk.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Pissing away assets by making decisions counter to market forces doesn't sound like successful management is more like it.

- he can't be replaced in house, the guy doesn't exist. The guys don't exist to pull it off.
                            - they overachieved this season when you look at darn near any estimate at the start of the season.
                            - to lose him for nothing sets the team back because he has real market worth. He's young, had a phenomenal season especially in the ECF.
                            - you don't build winners based on gut and feelings. You build winners based on maximizing value and no one can honestly say they're replacing DD with an equal or better asset value by letting him walk.
                            Great post.

Comment

But most people are wondering if you sign demar to the max how do take the next step?

Comment

Not really specific to this discussion, but I'm getting completely sick of the bolded.

People thought we'd be worse because...we lost a broken down Amir, and one way wonders Lou Williams and Greivis Vasquez? This is why you shouldn't give two fucks what most professionals covering the NBA think.

I think there are more than a few fans/"experts" who thought the expectations should be higher with the moves we made because they gave us the opportunity to play a more balanced style and not depend on hot hands winning us games.

Comment

Working...
                                X