Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Yeah i was just thinking that we are building a good reputation up here from an organizational standpoint and fan support. We would have a lot of money coming off the books. Could we possibly steal 2 top free agents next year?
    How are you going to attract two top free agents with your two biggest stars leaving? Top free agents join teams to play with other stars. How do you even pitch that to a free agent? "We're letting our top two scorers go to bring you in?"

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
      How are you going to attract two top free agents with your two biggest stars leaving? Top free agents join teams to play with other stars. How do you even pitch that to a free agent? "We're letting our top two scorers go to bring you in?"
      Well you would be bringing in two stars who want to play together obviously. Plus JV.

Comment

Well you would be bringing in two stars who want to play together obviously. Plus JV.
        I don't know I just don't see how that would work.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
          I don't know I just don't see how that would work.
          Would be highly unlikely. The post I was reaponding to started with proposing a highly unlikely scenario and I just went down that road is all.

Comment

Would be highly unlikely. The post I was reaponding to started with proposing a highly unlikely scenario and I just went down that road is all.
            The one concern, though, besides the obvious risk of it not working, is cap room. Assuming everyone else currently on contract is still on contract next summer and DD and Lowry are gone, that leaves 63M committed. Which means 45M in cap room. So two contracts of 22M or so. RFA's coming off their rookie scale deals would be looking for 25.4 million. 7-9 year vets like DD would be looking for 30.5M. 10+ year vets like Durant would be looking for 35.6M.

The reality is, letting the two walk (and Patterson) would leave the team with enough for one max contract and then roughly half a max contract. Not getting two superstars for that. Just one, and the other guy you get will be a Biyombo/Bazemore/etc level free agent.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              The one concern, though, besides the obvious risk of it not working, is cap room. Assuming everyone else currently on contract is still on contract next summer and DD and Lowry are gone, that leaves 63M committed. Which means 45M in cap room. So two contracts of 22M or so. RFA's coming off their rookie scale deals would be looking for 25.4 million. 7-9 year vets like DD would be looking for 30.5M. 10+ year vets like Durant would be looking for 35.6M.

The reality is, letting the two walk (and Patterson) would leave the team with enough for one max contract and then roughly half a max contract. Not getting two superstars for that. Just one, and the other guy you get will be a Biyombo/Bazemore/etc level free agent.
              Could you do that and then sign derozan or Lowry to go over the cap?

Comment

No, because part of that scenario would be renouncing their rights in order to free up space. If you keep their rights, you don't get the cap space, and if you renounce their rights, you can't go over the cap to resign them.

Comment

No cause you'd have to keep DD and Lowry's cap holds on the books to do that and they'd be worth like a combine $45M.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    No, because part of that scenario would be renouncing their rights in order to free up space. If you keep their rights, you don't get the cap space, and if you renounce their rights, you can't go over the cap to resign them.
                    Ahh gotcha

Comment

You could hold onto Lowry's cap hold for 18M, meaning enough cap room for a max free agent if you shed a few million here or there (say, drop a couple prospects for future picks, or get lucky with the cap going even higher than expected).

The other concern is banking on the 2017 cap to come in as projected. There will probably be CBA negotiations next summer, and they could drastically change the cap number that summer (as the current projected jump in 2017 is just a quirk of the CBA calculations, not a real jump caused by revenues like this season's jump). If the cap gets suppressed to the mid-90M's, that plan would go entirely out the window.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

He's staying. It's pretty obvious. I'm more interested about the Biz situation. No idea what's going to happen there.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            He's staying. It's pretty obvious. I'm more interested about the Biz situation. No idea what's going to happen there.
                            Tell that Stephen A!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Not saying this isn't true, but... source? context?
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X