Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chico wrote: View Post
    If the bump was to 25, "with better efficiency", as was the point, how could that not be a "good sign"? You're over-analyzing and making a leap when you say that 3-5 more points than you'd be thrilled with, translates to JV and Ross not performing, or not getting involved enough. DeMar could be doing that 25 efficient points, with neither of those scenarios being true. C'mon, if DeMar hasn't proven to be a team guy by now.............. If those guys are productive and helping with winning, they'll get theirs.
    Because it's easier to key in on a team with less offensive threats, especially when both main ones are in the backcourt. That was a big weakness in the playoffs as BKL could key in on DeMar and Kyle. Even if he's more efficient, the team weakness would remain. In the playoffs last year, the team lacked a post threat since JV wasn't there yet. They also lacked floor spacing because Ross shit the bed. And we didn't even have a player like Lou, who can be instant offence.

I don't doubt DeMar being a team guy (I said I'd like to see him get more assists, because I think he can), but the team projects to have better offensive weapons. Even with modest improvement, we should see some bump from JV. Hopefully Ross brings it more consistently this year, which in itself would probably at last bring a small bump in scoring. And again, and something you completely ignored in my post, Lou is a weapon that wasn't on the team at all last year. I fully expect him to outperform John Salmons offensively (JJ alone can make up a fair chunk of that actually).

So yeah, while I'd be happy for DeMar if he put up 25 ppg, I wonder if he would even basically get the touches to do it if other guys are bringing what's hoped. I come back to thinking it is unlikely to be a "good" sign for the team as a whole, and their goal of a deep playoff run.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

I like this a lot
        It's great to have your best players going hard because they know JJ will embarrass them if they don't bring it everyday
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Damn.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Internal competition is a good thing. But I wonder why DD publicized it quite the way he did....like there was something personal. Maybe they had a tough workout or there was money involved. Or Wolstat didnt put it in context.

Comment

• Nah sounds like a classic Demar joke. Like when he said Tross couldn't keep up with his workouts.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                I like this a lot
                It's great to have your best players going hard because they know JJ will embarrass them if they don't bring it everyday
                JoJo's a pretty good shot blocker. COMP10 needs to be mindful of separation & his release point.

Comment

• Mainpage Headlines trolling RR faithful by giving this attention:

LOL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Mainpage Headlines trolling RR faithful by giving this attention:

LOL
                    I knew that was your Twitter account.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                      I knew that was your Twitter account.
                      LoL

Nah.

I'm telling you man, I'm net neutral heading in to this season on DeMar and very optimistic. Anyone notice the hitch seems to be gone from his 3pt shot?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        LoL

Nah.

I'm telling you man, I'm net neutral heading in to this season on DeMar and very optimistic. Anyone notice the hitch seems to be gone from his 3pt shot?
                        I did indeed, which is going to open up his driving game, which is going to expand his passing game, which is going to make his team better. DOMINOES BITCH!
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• lego raptors movie

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

lego raptors movie
                            I always thought Lil Mamba was saying "lets go Raptors" when she'd bust out the "lego raps!" ... clearly I was mistaken.

Comment

• Some great articles linked to from "Morning Coffee" today. Here is a really good one about DeMar:

"DeRozan slams the ball off the ground just past half-court, crosses over an imaginary defender and sprints to the basket, straining against the rope tied firmly around his waist.

“Get strong!” A deep voice repeats the phrase, stern but encouraging. It belongs to Chris Farr, the man on the other end of the rope. This is Farr’s city, his show, his workout. He’s been tasked with raising DeRozan’s game in preparation for the 2009 NBA Draft; with opening DeRozan’s eyes to what it takes to reach the next level."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ans-next-step/

Comment

• anyone else get the feeling that derozan spent so much time in the off season practicing set dribble moves that hes not as able to be flexible and adjust them on the fly to actual game time situations?

I mean his moves when you see him do is are crisp and clean but the reaction and positioning of the defenders looks like it surprises him when he comes out of moves. I don't think its a big issue because as he plays games he'll adapt his new moves to the game but I was just wondering if anyone else is sensing the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X