X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Sigh.... The excuses are mounting.

Sorry, I don't buy all the excuses...

Sometimes as a big man you have to demand the ball! These guards get tunnel vision.

I see frustration at the officials but I can't say I ever saw him yell at one of guards or show anger towards his teammates for constantly looking him off.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be the focal point? I dunno. I do know that 2 FGA in 20+ mins is ridiculous and on him....Personally, I wouldn't even pump fake if I'm playing with selfish teammates. Get yours big fella!

Honestly, NO ONE on the team can even challenge JV at his position.....he's gotta speak up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're telling me a professional basketball player who gets paid $10M per year needs to be told to pass to the open man versus take ridiculously tough shot - which he takes more of and makes less of than anyone?

Oh my goodness.

And you're talking about excuses?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      So your saying the coaching staff is telling DeMar to take such difficult shots all the time? Or not to pass the ball even though his teammates are wide open?

Yes Casey is a fault here but that shouldn't excuse DD and his refusal to pass to others whilst bricking most of his shot attempts
      No I think Casey wants DeMar to be a "scorer" and DeMar is going out and doing what he thinks he needs to do to be a scorer. Not that good a job, hence why I don't think he should be our #1 option. That doesn't mean I want him shipped out of town though.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your one 5 sec clip/one play.....that explains it all!

Lowry has made concerted efforts many times during games to get JV the ball. So had DD (even during the Philly game). Actually, it's very obvious (to start games and 3rd Qs) that the Raptors do run plays for JV....I think it's ridiculous to ignore that.

If the JV fanboys would just calm down... Realize I'm saying he should demand the ball more. Did Casey tell the other players not to pass he ball to JV? Does someone have proof of this?

I think Casey believes that JV should be a garage player similar to Robin Lopez. That's why they rarely run plays for him and they want him to get his shot attempts on Offensive rebounds and occasional post ups.

So how could JV yell at his teammates for more shots when Casey thinks of him as an afterthought on offense?

You do what the coaches tell you and that's what JV has been doing.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Never forget Casey shoulders as much of the blame for everyone.

Putting his arm around him versus chewing him out for blown 360 dunks.
          Wishing his would be son be like DeMar.
          Enabling and encouraging hero ball.
          Refusing to hold accountable.

DeRozan might be salvageable with a new coach but at this point would he be open to being reigned in after 4 years of "do what you want"?

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
            No I think Casey wants DeMar to be a "scorer" and DeMar is going out and doing what he thinks he needs to do to be a scorer. Not that good a job, hence why I don't think he should be our #1 option. That doesn't mean I want him shipped out of town though.
            So Casey is the problem here then?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Thats cool. Considering who his coaches have been (Triano and Casey) I believe the exact opposite.
              Why do you believe that? I'm seriously curious.

This is what it boils down to for me. The current culture of this team revolves around DD and Lowry for the most part. I'm sure that is something we can all agree upon - both the good and the bad. They are responsible for the hard work mentality the team talks about which is great. But they are also responsible for the inefficient shoot first YOLO environment.

Removing DD from this culture, can be achieved by sending him to a Team USA camp with the best players in the world and an entirely new coaching staff. I don't think we can replicate that simply by changing the coach. Too many familiar things surround him to break the habit (everything from the locker room to his morning commute). It would be very difficult to do so.

Bringing in a new coach, even a respected veteran coach like Thibs, would be a big challenge for DD, who has been largely been coddled his entire career. I'm not sure how he would handle that. Breaking 5 years of bad habit (long two's have been a staple of this forum for years) is hard for a person.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your one 5 sec clip/one play.....that explains it all!

Lowry has made concerted efforts many times during games to get JV the ball. So had DD (even during the Philly game). Actually, it's very obvious (to start games and 3rd Qs) that the Raptors do run plays for JV....I think it's ridiculous to ignore that.

If the JV fanboys would just calm down... Realize I'm saying he should demand the ball more. Did Casey tell the other players not to pass he ball to JV? Does someone have proof of this?

That 5 second clip is a nice view of the problem. Lowry used to, but he became a chuck brother along with DD. In fact, Raptors do run some plays, but half the time he is waved off, and a lot of other times the guards take so long in passing the ball that JV has been pushed out of the paint. I've never seen DD make a concentrated effort to get JV involved.

He does demand the ball, just doesn't get it, I don't know what you're watching.

I'm sure Casey hasn't specifically said don't pass to JV, but I'm sure he has encouraged DD and Lowry to take over and chuck first, and think later, essentially freezing the rest of the team out. This inference is made from countless Casey interviews and nuggets like "these are shots he usually makes" and "we don't have the personnel to pass well".
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  So Casey is the problem here then?
                  Casey is the problem for wanting DeMar to just be a scorer, DeMar's problem is he's not that good at it when he takes off balanced fadeaways. But again (*Casey voice*), if Casey keeps saying "these are the shots we normally make" and "we can score, the offense will take care of itself" and "9 assists is good, but we need DeMar to score for us" ...the coach has to take part of the blame for encouraging DeMar's play. I mean his quotes definitely suggest this.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Whether Triano and Casey broke the player, or the player broke himself, either way, it's broke.
                    Triano DeMar is not even remotely similar to Casey's version.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                      Casey is the problem for wanting DeMar to just be a scorer, DeMar's problem is he's not that good at it when he takes off balanced fadeaways. But again (*Casey voice*), if Casey keeps saying "these are the shots we normally make" and "we can score, the offense will take care of itself" and "9 assists is good, but we need DeMar to score for us" ...the coach has to take part of the blame for encouraging DeMar's play. I mean his quotes definitely suggest this.
                      This is what I'm trying to say, both Casey and DeMar are at fault here.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        Triano DeMar is not even remotely similar to Casey's version.
                        Lots of long twos and complete "fire at will" approach to offence. Demar has improved but his mental approach hasn't.

He is openly against analytics and "any shot I can take is a good shot".
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          It isn't sustainable because it is beyond his control.

We've seen plenty of games where refs swallow the whistle.

The odds of it happening in the playoffs only increase as game slows and physicality increases.

Complaining and whining looking for the call only works for the LBJs and Thibs of the game.
                          lebron james is only 2 spots ahead of derozan in terms of FTA averages this season.

lebron averages 8.2 FTA's.
                          demar averages 7.0 FTA's.

Thats basically just ONE (.2) more free throw on average by the best player in the entire game compared to demar.

derozan is 6th in the entire league (lebron is 4th). when you have deficiencies in your game like DD does, having the elite level ability to get to the line counts for a lot.

sure we've seen plenty of times where refs do swallow the whistle. but that just only means there are WAY more times where refs do go his way, as already pointed out by his FTA stats for the season.

as for the playoffs? i've already pointed out that last season he averaged 7.5 FTA's per 36, while in the playoffs he averaged 9.1 FTAs per 36.

FT's may be beyond his control, but he clearly has the skill to steer it his way more often than not.
                          Last edited by iblastoff; Tue Mar 3, 2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Lots of long twos and complete "fire at will" approach to offence. Demar has improved but his mental approach hasn't.

He is openly against analytics and "any shot I can take is a good shot".
                            BS. nearly EVERY player says the whole "i just gotta keep shooting" line when they're in a slump. they're not gonna fucking load up a calculator and tell you some numbers with decimal points on how to improve.

damian lillard is in a huge shooting slump right now. in fact he's wallowing in his CAREER WORST shooting ever right now. what was his answer to the media some weeks ago?

"I just have to keep shooting the ball"

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              BS. nearly EVERY player says the whole "i just gotta keep shooting" when they're in a slump. they're not gonna fucking load up a calculator and tell you some numbers with decimal points on how to improve.

damian lillard is in a huge shooting slump right now. what was his answer to the media some weeks ago?

Well the difference between Damian Lillard and DeMar DeRozan is one of them can actually shoot

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                BS. nearly EVERY player says the whole "i just gotta keep shooting" line when they're in a slump. they're not gonna fucking load up a calculator and tell you some numbers with decimal points on how to improve.

damian lillard is in a huge shooting slump right now. in fact he's wallowing in his CAREER WORST shooting ever right now. what was his answer to the media some weeks ago?

Still think it only refers to three pointer shooters. If mid-ramge guys keep shooting they just become really terrible chuckers. A mid range shot is always available.

Comment

Working...
                                X