X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Yeah all these scenarios where they re-sign DeMar for the max then straight up trade him for a better player are not going to happen. I'm a bit concerned that they'd actually be able to upgrade by trading max-contract DeMar. Yes, some teams will want him, but will they lose a trade to get him at $25m/year? It's risky, especially after this postseason.
      If we sign Derozan with the plan of trading him best we're looking to get back is an equally flawed player or a poo-poo platter with contracts we have to eat similar to the Rudy Gay trade. And before you say it, that trade didn't work out for us because of the parts we got back but because not having Gay made us better. So let's skip the middle man and just get to the part where we lose Derozan and become a better team because of it.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        If we sign Derozan with the plan of trading him best we're looking to get back is an equally flawed player or a poo-poo platter with contracts we have to eat similar to the Rudy Gay trade. And before you say it, that trade didn't work out for us because of the parts we got back but because not having Gay made us better. So let's skip the middle man and just get to the part where we lose Derozan and become a better team because of it.
        Getting Patrick Patterson back was a pretty big part of the Gay trade.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• This makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Playoffs only:
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
            This makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Playoffs only:
            #CaseyGonnaCase

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
              This makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Playoffs only:
              Just concentrate on the 'Age - 23' part for Jonas. That'll settle your stomach.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                I'd actually include Vasquez as well but to a lesser extent than Patterson.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Just Is wrote: View Post
                  I'd actually include Vasquez as well but to a lesser extent than Patterson.
                  Casey would tell us it was John Salmons....

Comment

• I always have respect for every guy that puts on that Raptors jersey man. Even Scola, I respected him enough to realize he was getting embarrassed out there. But DeMar man....... too many holes in my wall because of this guy; I can't go on like this.

#LETHIMWALK
                    #PLEASE

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Casey would tell us it was John Salmons....
                      He was a pretty big part of the trade. Just not the way he'd think.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Players like Patrick Patterson and Vasquez can be grabbed easily enough in FA, there's a reason they've been on so many teams in their careers, you don't need to give $22M to a player in the hopes of trading him away for mixed parts down the line.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Players like Patrick Patterson and Vasquez can be grabbed easily enough in FA, there's a reason they've been on so many teams in their careers, you don't need to give $22M to a player in the hopes of trading him away for mixed parts down the line.
                          That's my concern about re-signing DeRozan.

Will he still have value on the trade market? Absolutely.

Will his contract be an albatross? No way.

Will teams be able to work a deal to acquire him? Definitely.

Will the Raptors take back at least one bad player/contract to balance salary to make the trade work? Likely.

I have no doubt that MU could trade DeRozan after re-signing him to a max/near-max deal this offseason. I'm just not convinced that it would wind up being a great trade, just due to the sheer dollars the other team would need to include.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            That's my concern about re-signing DeRozan.

Will he still have value on the trade market? Absolutely.

Will his contract be an albatross? No way.

Will teams be able to work a deal to acquire him? Definitely.

Will the Raptors take back at least one bad player/contract to balance salary to make the trade work? Likely.

I have no doubt that MU could trade DeRozan after re-signing him to a max/near-max deal this offseason. I'm just not convinced that it would wind up being a great trade, just due to the sheer dollars the other team would need to include.
                            MU is not re-signing Derozan to trade him. He has 7 years with this guy. If he wanted to trade him he'd have traded him already. There won't be a sign and trade. There is no reason for teams or players to do sign and trades anymore. Derozan will be in Toronto or, I guess, maybe LA next year. My guess is he'll be back.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              MU is not re-signing Derozan to trade him. He has 7 years with this guy. If he wanted to trade him he'd have traded him already. There won't be a sign and trade. There is no reason for teams or players to do sign and trades anymore. Derozan will be in Toronto or, I guess, maybe LA next year. My guess is he'll be back.
                              I meant even 1-3 years down the road, not necessarily right away.

I expect him to be re-signed as well, hopefully for much less than the max (if I were MU, I'd have DD's playoff performance looping in the background during contract negotiations), unless he decides to walk.

If DD holds out for an absolute max deal, it will be interesting to see who blinks first. MU is loyal, but he doesn't seem stupid, nor does he like to throw money around recklessly.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Matt doesn't drink, which is impressive for being a fan of this team.
                                I kind of remember that now, and of course he doesn't live in a basement either. lol. That was figurative. But I'm 1000% certain that satisfied smirk is there.

Comment

Working...
                                X