Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    honestly, I have said it many times...best Demar trade?

Why To Memphis....

here is the deal.

Brandon Wright, Jeff Green, Pick and Vince

for

Demar and Patterson.

(Done after December 15th)

leaves team with roughly 12 million in capspace after picks.

Trade Lowry for capspace at seasons end to Philly

Sign KD

Dominate.

Joseph/Wright
    Ross/Vince/Powell
    KD/Bruno
    Wright/Draft
    JV/Bebe
    KD is going to leave Westbrook and Ibaka for a team that features Joseph, Ross, and Wright in the starting lineup?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      KD is going to leave Westbrook and Ibaka for a team that features Joseph, Ross, and Wright in the starting lineup?
      He will. Because that team also has wright and jv and carroll...who i forgot to add to the sg spot...lots of capspace...lots of draft picks....

Carroll defends and spaces. Wright defends. Joseph defends. Jv posts up.

We would have max space to get ibake in 2017 too

He signs in okc there is no guarantee he plays with russell or serge in 2017.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

He will. Because that team also has wright and jv and carroll...who i forgot to add to the sg spot...lots of capspace...lots of draft picks....
        Stars in their prime want to play with stars in their prime. Period. KD will be 28 next year. He's in his prime. This is his best window for a championship. Carroll is a great player, but he's not a star. JV is a great player and might even be All-Star calibre, but he's not at that level yet. And everybody else (if we trade Lowry and DeMar) is a roleplayer. Kevin Durant will not give one shit about how many draft picks we have, because draft picks don't win championships right now.

I don't think we have a good chance at KD at all - if we're focusing on spending money on a wing next year, it should probably be Harrison Barnes, who will fit in much better with a ball-sharing offense/close-out defense. But without Lowry, our only star player, we have no chance at KD whatsoever.

Comment

• As much as I would like to see DD traded, I have to admit that there aren't a lot of good SG's in the NBA. You trade him, fill one hole and another opens. I think there are two ways to go here: stay with current talent and improve via trade by giving up the Knicks pick which is the biggest trade bait, adding players like PPat and Ross. Or keep the pick, resign DD, fill your cap space, remain with pretty much the same roster and hope that Casey doesn't ruin yet another young talent. 4 picks in next two drafts. Two of them has to go, the best 2 out of 4 if they want to improve this roster significantly.
          MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            Stars in their prime want to play with stars in their prime. Period. KD will be 28 next year. He's in his prime. This is his best window for a championship. Carroll is a great player, but he's not a star. JV is a great player and might even be All-Star calibre, but he's not at that level yet. And everybody else (if we trade Lowry and DeMar) is a roleplayer. Kevin Durant will not give one shit about how many draft picks we have, because draft picks don't win championships right now.

I don't think we have a good chance at KD at all - if we're focusing on spending money on a wing next year, it should probably be Harrison Barnes, who will fit in much better with a ball-sharing offense/close-out defense. But without Lowry, our only star player, we have no chance at KD whatsoever.

lol...

How many championships has KD won playing with Westbrook again?

period.
            none.
            period.period.

Its about being a complete team. a team that has personnel that fit together cohesively. About a team that takes care of its superstar where it can (on the defensive end with Carroll defending) and by picking up the slack where that superstar needs.

Surround Durant with a group that can rebound, defend, run, shoot the three and post up down low, has depth, financial flexibility and a large amount of trade assets to "go all in" again.

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
              As much as I would like to see DD traded, I have to admit that there aren't a lot of good SG's in the NBA. You trade him, fill one hole and another opens. I think there are two ways to go here: stay with current talent and improve via trade by giving up the Knicks pick which is the biggest trade bait, adding players like PPat and Ross. Or keep the pick, resign DD, fill your cap space, remain with pretty much the same roster and hope that Casey doesn't ruin yet another young talent. 4 picks in next two drafts. Two of them has to go, the best 2 out of 4 if they want to improve this roster significantly.
              Yes, there isnt many, but they arent really needed anymore either.

Comment

• Wildling - the argument is that DD, Lowry, and Casey are what identify the Raptors as THE Raptors. Yes we made changes to the underlying roster, but the status quo has been the same over the past two years, hence why I do not think this team will change compared to the past 2 years. The status quo needs to change...and I think the way CoJo and JV approach the game is a better way to build a properly operated squad (also new coach).

Scooch - although those trades are decent in a vacuum, I think if we are to sell off the starting backcourt, the goal is to start a youth movement and allow opportunity for the young guys already within our program. I would be pushing for a top pick in order to get our hands on one of the PFs at the top of this next years draft. I think that means trading DD for a huge expiring contract plus a middling pick (E. Gordon). As for Lowry, we wait until draft night and we offer Lowry + NYK pick + DD pick + more picks + Ross for Skal + bad contract.

We take a step back talent wise (Lowry) but I think we play a better brand of basketball with a totally different culture and status quo that we stay competitive in the East...continue making the playoffs while adding a top 3 pick.

Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                As much as I would like to see DD traded, I have to admit that there aren't a lot of good SG's in the NBA. You trade him, fill one hole and another opens. I think there are two ways to go here: stay with current talent and improve via trade by giving up the Knicks pick which is the biggest trade bait, adding players like PPat and Ross. Or keep the pick, resign DD, fill your cap space, remain with pretty much the same roster and hope that Casey doesn't ruin yet another young talent. 4 picks in next two drafts. Two of them has to go, the best 2 out of 4 if they want to improve this roster significantly.
                Carroll is a damn good 2 guard. JJ is effective and plays a good style at the 3.9 Also Powell and Bruno will need opportunity to play. Yes we all want to improve a position but realistically we have to take a BIG step back on the wings in order to improve...right now we have blah wings in DD and Ross eating up a ton of minutes that could be used on players with higher potential and better skills.

Comment

lol...

How many championships has KD won playing with Westbrook again?
                  One trip to the NBA Finals. If Westbrook hadn't gone down in 2013 they probably would have made it there again; instead they had to settle for a second trip to the Conference Finals. Durant was injured in the 2014 post-season and then missed 2015 and the Thunder still almost made playoffs with Westbrook only playing half a season.

The Thunder have had horrible luck with injuries but they're still a perennial contender. What motivation does Durant have to come here? Playing "complete ball" sounds good but you need very smart players to emulate the Spurs or the Hawks or the Warriors and we by and large do not have them, nor do we have the coach. So your solution is to trade the team's biggest star for picks and prospects, scrape our way into the playoffs and... what? Is Durant supposed to get excited by "barely managing to compete in the East?" I mean, Washington is his home town AND they have a star player already (Wall) and another making the leap (Beal) and it's still going to be a fight for them to sign KD.

You're just delivering a marketing pitch. There's no substance to it. KD will end up with a team that's already demonstrated a great deal of success, and the general perception around the league is that what success the Raptors have found was empty calories. They have to change that perception this season. Trading Lowry won't do the job.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool, my point was that either you go with current roster and most likely end up in a treadmill or you go with drafting young players and you build from scratch. Carroll (and Lowry) will be 30 next year. No point of keeping them if you keep the picks and no point of keeping the picks if you keep your vets. If Ujiri thinks that the time is now, you can't go and draft some kids in 2016 and 2017, wait for 2-3 years when they get better and at the same time try to improve this roster right away. I don't think you can achieve both. By the time those kids that you drafted are good enough to contribute, Lowry and Carroll are 33 and DD is 29. And from business perspective I don't see how Raptors can change their direction and start building with draft picks. They're definitely going with this roster hoping to upgrade it via free agency and trades.
                    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

One trip to the NBA Finals. If Westbrook hadn't gone down in 2013 they probably would have made it there again; instead they had to settle for a second trip to the Conference Finals. Durant was injured in the 2014 post-season and then missed 2015 and the Thunder still almost made playoffs with Westbrook only playing half a season.

The Thunder have had horrible luck with injuries but they're still a perennial contender. What motivation does Durant have to come here? Playing "complete ball" sounds good but you need very smart players to emulate the Spurs or the Hawks or the Warriors and we by and large do not have them, nor do we have the coach. So your solution is to trade the team's biggest star for picks and prospects, scrape our way into the playoffs and... what? Is Durant supposed to get excited by "barely managing to compete in the East?" I mean, Washington is his home town AND they have a star player already (Wall) and another making the leap (Beal) and it's still going to be a fight for them to sign KD.

You're just delivering a marketing pitch. There's no substance to it. KD will end up with a team that's already demonstrated a great deal of success, and the general perception around the league is that what success the Raptors have found was empty calories. They have to change that perception this season. Trading Lowry won't do the job.

Talk about overrating Demar and severely underrating the rest of the team...lol

Take demar off this team in that trade and we are not limping into the playoffs at all. we get it just fine. We dont even miss a beat.

Taking Lowry away would sting, but I remain very confident that Joseph can maintain our pg attack.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        That seems like a pipe dream.

Comment

Talk about overrating Demar and severely underrating the rest of the team...lol

Take demar off this team in that trade and we are not limping into the playoffs at all. we get it just fine. We dont even miss a beat.

Taking Lowry away would sting, but I remain very confident that Joseph can maintain our pg attack.
                          I didn't mention DeMar at all (and you'll note I've been advocating trading him for some time). I was talking about Lowry, and no, CoJo - as much as I like him - doesn't replicate Lowry's offensive punch, not even close. CoJo is a great heavy-minutes bench guy. He's not a star point guard.

But in any case, KD almost certainly isn't coming here anyway.

Comment

I didn't mention DeMar at all (and you'll note I've been advocating trading him for some time). I was talking about Lowry, and no, CoJo - as much as I like him - doesn't replicate Lowry's offensive punch, not even close. CoJo is a great heavy-minutes bench guy. He's not a star point guard.

But in any case, KD almost certainly isn't coming here anyway.
                            I was talking about my proposed trade..of which Demar was a part.

And Lowry hurts, definately, but I do think that Joseph can step up and reduce that loss to a point where it isnt that noticeable.

Comment

UPDATE ON POTENTIAL TRADE TARGETS FOR DEMAR:

1. At this point Memphis is dying for buckets. Jeff Green as their main scoring facilitator has been a disaster. Granted, DeMar would not be an improvement if you consider shot selection, efficiency, etc. (and Jeff Green would not be an improvement for DeMar so we shouldn't trade for him). But DeMar scores buckets and Memphis might well consider a trade for him on that merit alone.

2. OKC seems like less of an option at this point. They still don't have a starting-level shooting guard, but they have Durant and Westbrook. That having been said, trading spare parts for DeMar seems like something they might do in order to show Durant they're serious about titles and ringz.

3. New Orleans SHOULD be giving up at this point given their horrendous start and injury-plagued roster. However, the team wants to compete now and has the cap room to absorb DeMar straight up. Quincy Pondexter would work as a return; he's injured, but he's a good player when healthy. If we want to get picks in exchange for DeMar, New Orleans is the best bet.

4. The Knicks would be great if they had literally anything worth trading that they would give up for DeMar. But they're not trading Zinger and really, we don't want the Knicks to be better (and DeMar, for all his flaws, is better than Sasha Vujavic).

5. The Nets? Thaddeus Young works straight-up for DeMar (and would be a good fit on this Raps team), and frees up salary for Brooklyn as they collapse into the void. I don't think anything else is both worth doing and workable; I mean, I'd love to pry Rondae Hollis-Jefferson away from them, but they'd be fools to do that, even more foolish than Billy King on his worst day.

6. And finally, there's always Sacramento, because the Kings are a tire fire of a franchise. God knows what we even want, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they offered Ben MacLemore for DeMar straight up.
                              The Celtics.

To Raps: David Lee + Nets 1st round pick swap rights
                              To C***tics: Demar + 2Pat + filler.

Why? The Celtics need to start cashing in some of that huge bank of draft picks for "all-stars". This gives them the inside track at retaining DD, and he becomes their veteran leader/go-to-scorer. They don't have any reliable scorers on that team. They have more than enough projects to develop on that roster already.

For the Raps, the gamble is the Nets pick being high enough to draft Jamal Murray, but then we'd have 3 first rounders and could potentially trade up. Lee replaces 2Pat at PF for the season and Ross moves into the starting SG role.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                The Celtics.

To Raps: David Lee + Nets 1st round pick swap rights
                                To C***tics: Demar + 2Pat + filler.

Why? The Celtics need to start cashing in some of that huge bank of draft picks for "all-stars". This gives them the inside track at retaining DD, and he becomes their veteran leader/go-to-scorer. They don't have any reliable scorers on that team. They have more than enough projects to develop on that roster already.

For the Raps, the gamble is the Nets pick being high enough to draft Jamal Murray, but then we'd have 3 first rounders and could potentially trade up. Lee replaces 2Pat at PF for the season and Ross moves into the starting SG role.
                                I like the trade more than I would have thought (and had never thought on it prior) but I don't think the Celtics are giving up that Nets pick for anything.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X