No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes was just another option instead of Beal...and i would only liken him to a 3rd option and bring him in primarily for his defense and perimeter shooting

Either way I wouldnt give any of the three a max deal.

Let DD walk or trade him and go after a high draft pick and trust our internal development

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Great point. This definitely excludes Harrison Barnes, IMO (sorry OldSkool), because Barnes was absolutely putrid in any other system except the current system the Warriors run. He simply can't create his own shot of the dribble and needs perfect ball movement and wide open catch-and-shoot looks to have a chance of even being average. Even then, he was below average PER in his "breakout" season last year and is barely above average PER this season.

No way I'd pay max dollars for a guy who is barely above average in a system tuned to maximize his strengths. Barnes seems like an example of a 4th-5th option on an elite team getting an overrated reputation bump up, based on winning and exposure.

Given the system/fit consideration, I'm actually starting to worry a bit that we might have overpaid Carroll. His offensive efficiency has plummeted badly with the Raps, and yet his replacement on the Hawks, Kent Bazemore, (who?), is having a similar type of breakout season that Carroll had.
      Carroll's still an elite roleplayer (I hope), but his offensive game is more than a little icky. There's some Artest/Rodman in there though, and I think we can get him open looks and cuts to the hoop so I'm ok paying for defense.

At the end of the day though, we're probably going need more 3-balls from both Carroll and DeMar than what we've been getting.
      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Nov 15, 2015, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        So did Korver and Carroll. Maybe its the system
        Korver is and always has been an outstanding shooter. Last 2 seasons have been his best though, so I suppose it is the system.

Comment

• Who was it saying Batum isn't a scorer?

Batum
          33pts, 11-19 FG, 6-7 FT, 5-10 3pt, 5 reb, 6 ast, 2 to

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Who was it saying Batum isn't a scorer?

Batum
            33pts, 11-19 FG, 6-7 FT, 5-10 3pt, 5 reb, 6 ast, 2 to
            got as many shots as demar usually gets and does that. and played great defense.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              got as many shots as demar usually gets and does that. and played great defense.
              Any opportunity to take a shot at Demar eh? Lol Even when its not even true ... Demar is averaging 15 shots per game this season, has never averaged more than 17.8 per game in his career, and that was the year he was named an All-Star.

And he has exactly 1 game this season where he's taken 19 shots... and he finished with 29 points on 48% shooting ...

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan - King of the Kickouts! Who knew?

Comment

• Bad Demar showed up in the 4th quarter tonight. Sigh.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• That was a disgusting fourth quarter by Demar.

And the guy on tha main site had the guts to give him an A-

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      That was a disgusting fourth quarter by Demar.

And the guy on tha main site had the guts to give him an A-
                      That guy must be some Derozan HOMER. A-? WHAT THE FUCK?? LMAO
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        He was absolute trash in the fourth. People are flaming the writer in the comments and so far 90% of people say he rated him too high. The other 10% are confirmed to be high

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Grades are for 48 minutes I guess. Even though really only the last half of the 4th quarter matters against non crap teamd

Comment

• Forced it at the end.

Comment

• In Demars defence, it was 4 on 5 on offence. Casey did nothing to help. Having says that, I think that if either Kyle or Cojo are on the floor with Demar, he needs to be off ball. He has to be behind those 2. Cojo has earned the right to have the ball in his hands at the end of tight games.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                                In Demars defence, it was 4 on 5 on offence. Casey did nothing to help. Having says that, I think that if either Kyle or Cojo are on the floor with Demar, he needs to be off ball. He has to be behind those 2. Cojo has earned the right to have the ball in his hands at the end of tight games.
                                Demar off-ball is as useless as CoJo off-ball. Really sit Dermar, let CoJo run out the clock and play DC as a SF and play a PF depending on the team. Won't happen though

Comment

Working...
                                X