Clear All

• DD PER after last nights game 23.65
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Holy fuck it's going to be a long season in this thread. I should probably take a break.
        LOL. Christian can singlehandedly generate 5 pages a day, so don't worry about it. #DeBateEm

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Whether the heroball is encouraged by the coaching staff, or it's Lowry/DeRozan going rogue, it's a bad idea to solely rely on it.
          Are we still even leaving the possibility that it's players going Rogue? I'm not sure how that is possible after all this time of Casey implementing his system. Surely this sort of concern would float up to Management from the Coaching Staff, and would surely be addressed if it was causing such a problem to the team/outcome.
          Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 29, 2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Are we still even leaving the possibility that it's players going Rogue? I'm not sure how that is possible after all this time of Casey implementing his system. Surely this sort of concern would float up to Management from the Coaching Staff, and would surely be addressed if it was causing such a problem to the team/outcome.
            The Coach can bench anyone he wants. Look at Carlisle and Rondo. If the coach isn't stopping it he's allowing it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              raptors999 wrote: View Post
              The Coach can bench anyone he wants. Look at Carlisle and Rondo. If the coach isn't stopping it he's allowing it.
              I actually think it's both. Coach's schemes are structured, but also allow for creation on the fly if necessary. Most trips up the court, coach leaves that decision up to his top dogs (i.e. Lowry and DeRozan).

EDIT: But ya, ultimate responsibility lies with coach.
              Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Oct 29, 2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                That thing with Rondo made me respect him [Carlisle] so much more.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  That thing with Rondo made me respect him [Carlisle] so much more.
                  And I already had respect for him!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    And I already had respect for him!
                    Best game coach in the NBA including Pop

Comment

• Demar looked stronger last night to me, relative to last season. I thought he did a better job of navigating screens on offence, and I liked his aggressiveness taking the ball in the paint. A bit more decisive I think, and there were times I thought a jump shot was coming but instead drove the ball, which is encouraging. He still took some bad shots, but I have come to expect that from our top guys. The top players on other teams do the same thing. Gotta have a little leeway there, and overall I thought he played a decent game.

The offence overall is still very much the same, and that sucks, but I think that may be the way this team is expected to play. We screen, drive and shoot or dish, and that's it. There is no off ball or weakside action to get open shots or to decoy the defence. Defence looks much better though, so even if the offence continues like it does, we should still be better overall.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        Demar looked stronger last night to me, relative to last season. I thought he did a better job of navigating screens on offence, and I liked his aggressiveness taking the ball in the paint. A bit more decisive I think, and there were times I thought a jump shot was coming but instead drove the ball, which is encouraging. He still took some bad shots, but I have come to expect that from our top guys. The top players on other teams do the same thing. Gotta have a little leeway there, and overall I thought he played a decent game.

The offence overall is still very much the same, and that sucks, but I think that may be the way this team is expected to play. We screen, drive and shoot or dish, and that's it. There is no off ball or weakside action to get open shots or to decoy the defence. Defence looks much better though, so even if the offence continues like it does, we should still be better overall.
                        Last year he broke the muscle connected to his weiner

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Last year he broke the muscle connected to his weiner
                          well that explains the poor performance then

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            DD PER after last nights game 23.65
                            of course it isn't going to stay there but the hate from the first game demar is getting is disgusting. now the team wins in spite of both casey and demar. 25 points on 17 shots with 6 assists 2 steals, 5 boards, and 2 turnovers is a good fucking game. the people here can't even give him that. i saw people turning his 25 points on 17 shots into an argument about points per play now, just to move the bar.

at least give him credit when he does play well. the fan base of a toronto team needs to have someone it hates and someone it raises above the rest.

"lowry:started slow then came on and really helped the team
                            jv:kept the team in it early
                            carroll(who shot worse than demar):amazing job buddy
                            demar:what a piece of human filth"

jesus christ

Comment

• Uh, in spite of others quoting points per shot, I've always preferred points per possession used, for exactly this reason.

DeMar used 27 possessions to get to 25 points. That's... Really not great.

That said, DeMar's first game was overall fine. The criticism comes from a) his first half, where he took really, truly terrible shots and shot us out of the game (most guys struggled but he was by far the worst) and b) he was bailed out to the tune of 16 FTA's (admittedly, he does earn those to a degree, but a lot of it is in the refs' hands) - most don't see him repeating that, but it is easy to imagine him repeating the terrible shot selection.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                of course it isn't going to stay there but the hate from the first game demar is getting is disgusting. now the team wins in spite of both casey and demar. 25 points on 17 shots with 6 assists 2 steals, 5 boards, and 2 turnovers is a good fucking game. the people here can't even give him that. i saw people turning his 25 points on 17 shots into an argument about points per play now, just to move the bar.

at least give him credit when he does play well. the fan base of a toronto team needs to have someone it hates and someone it raises above the rest.

"lowry:started slow then came on and really helped the team
                                jv:kept the team in it early
                                carroll(who shot worse than demar):amazing job buddy
                                demar:what a piece of human filth"

jesus christ
                                Its obvious a lot people here are hoping for DD to fail. Every time he hits a shot they get upset. Every time he misses a shot they get a grin on their faces. Funny part about all this is that if DD fails as much as they want him too this team just wont be that good this year. That's what makes me question if people on here are actually true raptor fans. It seems their hate for DD is more important than the success of the team. Like people here thinks I hate JV but, even I root for him to be successful. The worse part about this is that DD is the exact type of player character wise Raptor fans having been hoping for after players like T-Mac, Vince and Bargnani.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X