Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Please dont clean house..

I think the fact that we are 11th most in taking the worst shots in the game is an offensive coaching problem, and a lack of chemistry in executing offensive sets.

I would be very upset if we blew things up right now.
    Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Valancuinas with Amir, Ross should be our core moving forward. Young, talented as hell, and just need a chance to work together.
    Part of cleaning house is out with the coach.

I crave new leadership in Toronto now.

I would like a fresh mind determining the value players hold.

Colangelo showed with Bargnani that he is not willing to cut his losses/maximize value or change his opinions/beliefs in a player until it is too late.

I think he has too much invested in DD/Gay/Lowry to make an impartial decision. Combine that with the last 5 years of treading water (to be kind) or drowning (to be a little more realistic) and I want someone else calling the shots.

Hey! Kahn is now available!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Part of cleaning house is out with the coach.

I crave new leadership in Toronto now.

I would like a fresh mind determining the value players hold.

Colangelo showed with Bargnani that he is not willing to cut his losses/maximize value or change his opinions/beliefs in a player until it is too late.

I think he has too much invested in DD/Gay/Lowry to make an impartial decision. Combine that with the last 5 years of treading water (to be kind) or drowning (to be a little more realistic) and I want someone else calling the shots.

Hey! Kahn is now available!
      Okay, I understand your point

In my opinion Casey deserves another year to see what he can do (do to his first years success), but I see your point about Colengalo in the future being too personally attached to some players to make an impartial decision. I sort of agree with that point, and although I am one of Colengalos defenders, I think its a valid opinion to have.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I think cleaning house now is a total mistake. Just allow them to expire, because keep in mind this is a very young, talented team already, and with internal improvements of Ross, DeMar, JV, Gay, Amir, Lowry, etc. they will only get better as a whole.

Tweek the roster (meaning Bargnani, Anderson, Kleiza are gone), and bring in a new coach and general manager. A GM that will make better basketball and financial decisions combined, and a coach who is at the very least, solid at both ends of the floor. Not a good one on the defensive end, and abysmal on the offensive end. A well-rounded coach will do wonders.

This team has a very good core, it's about those players improving, and solidifying the core by bringing in veterans, assets, and contributors to help the core grow, and to help the team succeed.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Whatever happens I think it would be wise to hold Casey as an ast coach imo that defense when the Raps choose to lock in is beautiful, Held opponents to less than 90 for 30 Ws is sweet.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            ... bring in ... a coach who is at the very least, solid at both ends of the floor. Not a good one on the defensive end, and abysmal on the offensive end. A well-rounded coach will do wonders.
            I don't think you have to have one coach be awesome at both ends of the court. I would be more interested in seeing what Toronto could do with better offensive-minded assistant coaches paired with Casey, who takes care of the defence. That's a lot more realistic, I think, than finding one guy who wants to come to Toronto. If he's out there and wants to come coach the Raptors, that's cool too, but it's not the only option.

Comment

• Can DeMar DeRozan and Rudy Gay co-exist?

http://www.raptorscage.ca/toronto-ra...-gay-co-exist/

First of all, the reason these two are able to co-exist, is the defensive attention they both attract. Teams will have to key in on both players, regardless of who the match-ups and individual defenders are. The one with the less attention, can take the pressure off of the other, and have easier ability and space to create their shots. It’s incredibly hard to to consistently guard both, most especially when they have their shot falling.
              With that said, there are reasons why co-existence between the two is not possible, or consistent. Whilst Rudy and DeMar both play similar styles, their similar gameplay can clash. Their below average percentages from outside, them having to play within the mid-ranged area, and the post, limits their overall space to create. Teams will not think of them as a threat, – especially with their below average shooting – or will not have it as their top priority to defend. Not only will that limit Rudy and DeMar, it will close gaps, and passing lanes for their teammates, such as Jonas Valanciunas, and Kyle Lowry. The court will look very small to say the least. But with DeMar’s commitment this coming Summer to improve the 3 point shot, Rudy to get healthy and work on his stroke and shoulder, this might be an issue that is addressed as soon as season’s start.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I think Demar and Rudy can fit very well together.

Just give them opposite sides of the floor, and have Valancuinas swing the ball from the high post.
                If they can both hit their 3's like the last 5 games of the season, I see ultimate lateral floor spacing, which is perfect for Val to go to work with.
                The moment a defender takes their eye off of Derozan/Rudy and pays attention to Val, they cut! If we can utilize the High post, Rudy and Demar will have an easier job scoring.

The only way they wont work together, is if we expect to alternate Iso's each time down the floor!

Comment

...the only way they wont work together, is if we expect to alternate iso's each time down the floor!
                  lol

Comment

• I think this is a strong 2-ball team.

Demar and Rudy

Amir and Jonas

Kyle operating the entire system, left to right iso, back to front court.

What happens when Demar is the only starter on the floor w/ bench players? What happens then?

Comment

alternate Iso's each time down the floor!

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                        I think this is a strong 2-ball team.

Demar and Rudy

Amir and Jonas

Kyle operating the entire system, left to right iso, back to front court.

What happens when Demar is the only starter on the floor w/ bench players? What happens then?
                        If he improves his handles and court vision reading the defense etc he should make it much easier for the bench. The team is the Rudy and DeMar show and its the best thing Toronto has had since Vince and T-Mac. Lets see how it plays out, it worked well at the start and finish cant wait to see them play a full 82 together next year.

Comment

• It's August 7. Happy birthday, DeMar !

Of course, on that occasion we need something cheasy:

Comment

• Comment

• hoo-rah!

Comment

• happy birthday boo<3
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X