And demar fans back to passing blame off onto others

Ross' what 4 missed field goals is precisely why demar why demar 11

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        And demar fans back to passing blame off onto others

Ross' what 4 missed field goals is precisely why demar why demar 11

Hey, I'm an apologist for all things Raps, Ross included! My point was rather that this thread has turned awfully slow all of a sudden, or is that due to DeMar's good play?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Hey, I'm an apologist for all things Raps, Ross included! My point was rather that this thread has turned awfully slow all of a sudden, or is that due to DeMar's good play?
          I'm thinking it's not that last thing.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I'm thinking it's not that last thing.
            Yeah, not after two losses and his WS/48 being pulled down to a meagre .18.

Comment

Yeah, not after two losses and his WS/48 being pulled down to a meagre .18.
              Yeah, though it might have more to do with his play these last couple games starting to resemble the same old terrible play, which is nothing new so there's not much to discuss.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, though it might have more to do with his play these last couple games starting to resemble the same old terrible play, which is nothing new so there's not much to discuss.
                You know that's not how this thread works

Comment

To be expected when you maintain the status quo from your top guys

For the Raptors to take the next step DD, Casey, and possibly a Lowry trade *Gasp* may be needed just to take that next step in culture.

A CoJo+Carroll+JV trio is still good enough to get into the playoffs in the east to so we wont really take a step back

Comment

Thank goodness we've got Ross to take some of the heat off of DeMar
                    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    You know that's not how this thread works
                    Kind of seems like you are trying to bait people into arguing further.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

For the Raptors to take the next step DD, Casey, and possibly a Lowry trade *Gasp* may be needed just to take that next step in culture.

A CoJo+Carroll+JV trio is still good enough to get into the playoffs in the east to so we wont really take a step back
                      I agree.

Lowry to philly

Demar to minny

Martin and patterson to chicago.

Noah, embiid, covington, dieng to toronto.

Have over MAX capspace in offseason.

Joseph/wright
                      Ross/covington/powell
                      Carroll/jj/bruno
                      Noah/dieng/bennett
                      Jv/scola/bebe/embiid

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

So confidently and casually asserted. And yet we haven't given the "re-tool" much chance to "gel", or the coaches much chance to work/experiment with this team.

Given how the Cavs struggled last year for nearly half a season, with truly exceptional personnel (and how teams like Houston and OKC can underwhelm early) I was expecting the Raps to take half a season to start to really figure things out (at both ends). .500 by January (with a tough early schedule) seemed like a "plan".

Two clunkers out of seven games (one without Carroll) doesn't strike me as anything like a "panic button" situation. I know "But it's how they've lost those two games!"

Maybe we could relax a bit. Give the guys (new guys, guys like Jonas, and Demar's new ball-movement effort, etc.) a real chance?
                        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Nov 10, 2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                          So confidently and casually asserted. And yet we haven't given the "re-tool" much chance to "gel", or the coaches much chance to work/experiment with this team.

Given how the Cavs struggled last year for nearly half a season, with truly exceptional personnel (and how teams like the Houston and OKC can underwhelm early) I was expecting the Raps to take half a season to start to really figure things out (at both ends). .500 by January (with a tough early schedule) seemed like "plan".

Two clunkers out of seven games (one without Carroll) doesn't strike me as anything like a "panic button" situation. I know "But it's how they've lost those two games!"

Maybe we could relax a bit. Give the guys (new guys, guys like Jonas, and Demar's new ball-movement effort, etc.) a real chance?
                          they have gone away from jonas and played ISO style for YEARS.

So why should we give them more time.

They won 5 straight sharing the ball.

Lost 2 straight doing what they did for last 3 years....and that is after a half of successful ball sharing basketball (had a lead) to a switch to ISO style with a complete ignore of any ballmovement and inside out basketball that oproved so successfull in games 1-5 and back to a style that proved a failure for 200+ games.

Doesnt make sense to give that more time to gel....those are the roots of the players involved.

Comment

• UPDATE ON POTENTIAL TRADE TARGETS FOR DEMAR:

1. At this point Memphis is dying for buckets. Jeff Green as their main scoring facilitator has been a disaster. Granted, DeMar would not be an improvement if you consider shot selection, efficiency, etc. (and Jeff Green would not be an improvement for DeMar so we shouldn't trade for him). But DeMar scores buckets and Memphis might well consider a trade for him on that merit alone.

2. OKC seems like less of an option at this point. They still don't have a starting-level shooting guard, but they have Durant and Westbrook. That having been said, trading spare parts for DeMar seems like something they might do in order to show Durant they're serious about titles and ringz.

3. New Orleans SHOULD be giving up at this point given their horrendous start and injury-plagued roster. However, the team wants to compete now and has the cap room to absorb DeMar straight up. Quincy Pondexter would work as a return; he's injured, but he's a good player when healthy. If we want to get picks in exchange for DeMar, New Orleans is the best bet.

4. The Knicks would be great if they had literally anything worth trading that they would give up for DeMar. But they're not trading Zinger and really, we don't want the Knicks to be better (and DeMar, for all his flaws, is better than Sasha Vujavic).

5. The Nets? Thaddeus Young works straight-up for DeMar (and would be a good fit on this Raps team), and frees up salary for Brooklyn as they collapse into the void. I don't think anything else is both worth doing and workable; I mean, I'd love to pry Rondae Hollis-Jefferson away from them, but they'd be fools to do that, even more foolish than Billy King on his worst day.

6. And finally, there's always Sacramento, because the Kings are a tire fire of a franchise. God knows what we even want, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they offered Ben MacLemore for DeMar straight up.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                              UPDATE ON POTENTIAL TRADE TARGETS FOR DEMAR:

1. At this point Memphis is dying for buckets. Jeff Green as their main scoring facilitator has been a disaster. Granted, DeMar would not be an improvement if you consider shot selection, efficiency, etc. (and Jeff Green would not be an improvement for DeMar so we shouldn't trade for him). But DeMar scores buckets and Memphis might well consider a trade for him on that merit alone.

2. OKC seems like less of an option at this point. They still don't have a starting-level shooting guard, but they have Durant and Westbrook. That having been said, trading spare parts for DeMar seems like something they might do in order to show Durant they're serious about titles and ringz.

3. New Orleans SHOULD be giving up at this point given their horrendous start and injury-plagued roster. However, the team wants to compete now and has the cap room to absorb DeMar straight up. Quincy Pondexter would work as a return; he's injured, but he's a good player when healthy. If we want to get picks in exchange for DeMar, New Orleans is the best bet.

4. The Knicks would be great if they had literally anything worth trading that they would give up for DeMar. But they're not trading Zinger and really, we don't want the Knicks to be better (and DeMar, for all his flaws, is better than Sasha Vujavic).

5. The Nets? Thaddeus Young works straight-up for DeMar (and would be a good fit on this Raps team), and frees up salary for Brooklyn as they collapse into the void. I don't think anything else is both worth doing and workable; I mean, I'd love to pry Rondae Hollis-Jefferson away from them, but they'd be fools to do that, even more foolish than Billy King on his worst day.

6. And finally, there's always Sacramento, because the Kings are a tire fire of a franchise. God knows what we even want, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they offered Ben MacLemore for DeMar straight up.
                              Pretty sure the Knicks will wait on Aaron Afflalo to return from injury before making any moves (Sasha is just the injury fill-in).
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                UPDATE ON POTENTIAL TRADE TARGETS FOR DEMAR:

honestly, I have said it many times...best Demar trade?

Why To Memphis....

here is the deal.

Brandon Wright, Jeff Green, Pick and Vince

for

Demar and Patterson.

(Done after December 15th)

leaves team with roughly 12 million in capspace after picks.

Trade Lowry for capspace at seasons end to Philly

Sign KD

Dominate.

Joseph/Wright
                                Ross/Vince/Powell
                                KD/Bruno
                                Wright/Draft
                                JV/Bebe

Comment

Working...
                                X