Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching Up With DeMar DeRozan

Audio only interview just under 6 minutes. Questions are hard to understand, at least for me, but DeMar came was loud and clear. Nothing much new here, but if you are a DeRozan fan then you should enjoy.

Catching Up With DeMar DeRozan
    July 30, 2010

This afternoon I went to the Raptors Basketball Academy and DeMar DeRozan talked with the media about his experience coaching kids, his play in Vegas Summer League and being the face of the franchise this season.
    http://ht.ly/18mCLL
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

what is this? earlier interview "andrea how does it feel being th face of the franchise next season?"

this interview "DeMar, What does it feel like to be the face of the franchise starting next season?"

what's next "Jarrett,How Does it feel knowing your going to be the face of this frnachise next year?"

pretty soon it'll be "Sonny and Amir, How Does it Feel that You Guys Are going to be the faces of the franchise next season?"
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        what is this? earlier interview "andrea how does it feel being th face of the franchise next season?"

this interview "DeMar, What does it feel like to be the face of the franchise starting next season?"

what's next "Jarrett,How Does it feel knowing your going to be the face of this frnachise next year?"

pretty soon it'll be "Sonny and Amir, How Does it Feel that You Guys Are going to be the faces of the franchise next season?"
        I agree. I thought that question was kind of dumb. It was not the first time that an interviewer asked an athlete a dumb question, nor will it be the last.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

Yeah i think demar is the most deserving of "The face of the franchise" He is playing extremely well in summer league.
          Bargnani is going to be great this season but demar is going to have a amazing season. If he can lead the raptors and if they can stay with the "Run & Gun" mentality they will win games. They have an identity now, and that was lacking for the past two years.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
            Yeah i think demar is the most deserving of "The face of the franchise" He is playing extremely well in summer league.
            Maybe so, but I hate labels especially for young kids coming up in this league. DeMar is far from being the "face of this franchise" and having that title will on create more pressure on himself. Something I'm not sure he's up for just yet.

Right now whether I like it not because I've always been one of his biggest critics, but this is Bargnani's team. Time for him to step it up and take his game to the next level and prove to non-believer's such as myself why we took him first overall.

Comment

I'm pretty certain that the marketing machine isn't going to be pushing any one guy (unless somebody has a break out year) but instead, we're going to have the "Young Gunz" pushed on us as the reason to come down and catch a game. They're marketable..more exciting as a group than any one player is and to be honest, there isn't a guy on the roster who is both a top player and great interview. I see this group being our "Star Player" and marketing focus in 09, barring a big trade before or during the season.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                Maybe so, but I hate labels especially for young kids coming up in this league. DeMar is far from being the "face of this franchise" and having that title will on create more pressure on himself. Something I'm not sure he's up for just yet.

Right now whether I like it not because I've always been one of his biggest critics, but this is Bargnani's team. Time for him to step it up and take his game to the next level and prove to non-believer's such as myself why we took him first overall.
                au contraire my friend. It seems to me that as one of the Raptors players has already said that "it is the fans team" Ubuntu rules

Ubuntu is an ethic or humanist philosophy focusing on people's allegiances and relations with each other
                Or as the Three Musketeers said (Actually there were four at one time) said "All for one and one for all" and as been stated "all for the fans". It is the fans team.

Who is the face of the team if it is the fans team? Why this fellow of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28philosophy%29

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCAQ9QEwBA

Comment

A Funny Rap From DeMar

You take her to the Gucci store, let the folks dress her, I throw her in the ocean & let the next trick catch her.... 3 minutes ago via Echofon
                  http://twitter.com/DeMar_DeRozan

I think that there is song in that little rap.

It is actually from a Brake Lights mix tape

http://www.datpiff.com/Dj_Skee_Game_...s.m141105.html

Comment

Observation: Afro-American bb players are as prone to be rappers as Canadian hockey players be pro golfers ...in an alternate universe.

Comment

• Haha, that rap video where Mark Cuban cameos in on Dallas rapper Dorrough's video is awesome!

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan - The Block Is Hot

Earlier photo below

http://tweetphoto.com/42420081

http://tweetphoto.com/42421088

Comment

• Haha Demar is wicked..

Comment

• Nick wrote: View Post
                            Haha Demar is wicked..
                            Maybe that is why he should be in Toronto tonight.

Had to get out of the Compton heat

Comment

• It's gotta be for a video/movie/TV show.. but yeah, that block is burning up, son!

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                It's gotta be for a video/movie/TV show.. but yeah, that block is burning up, son!
                                Nope

Most likely it is the really thing given that DeMar lives in Compton CA.

Of course we don't know that that is where the picture was taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X