leave this man open,
    put that 360 on em like ice,
    leave em frozen"

Comment

• DD and Bargsy sitting in a tree

Just saw this on DD's FB Page

DeMar DeRozan
      In Italy for the week with Andrea Bargnani
      I guess this mean's DD's not going to get traded either since he's hooked with Bargs? hehehe

I think its good when players spend time together during the off-season. Tightens the bond.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post

I guess this mean's DD's not going to get traded either since he's hooked with Bargs? hehehe

I think its good when players spend time together during the off-season. Tightens the bond.
        Was just about to post the same thing. Hopefully this improves chemistry on the court.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post

Very cool. I remember during the summer of "young onez", lots of Bargnani bashing over the fact that he didn't socialize with his teammates enough, which hurt team chemistry, etc... Anything that builds the sense of team/family and helps on-court chemistry, I'm all for.

Comment

• Yup, encouraging to hear.

Comment

• Buzz kill: I'm not sure it means anything other than they are teammates and friends at this point in time.

Interestingly, both Calderon and teammate Andrea Bargnani expressed confidence yesterday that if the Raptors play well this season and qualify for the playoffs, Chris Bosh will stay in Toronto after his current deal expires at the end of the season.

"I'm not worried about (Bosh leaving)," Bargnani said. "He loves Toronto."

"He said to me, and he's a good friend," added Calderon, "that he's happy in Toronto."

Bosh spent a week at Calderon's youth camp in Spain this summer.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas...28351-sun.html

It is not far-fetched, then, to be listening to him on a scratchy telephone line from Spain this morning, talking about his camp for kids and a visit by Chris Bosh and to be able to almost hear him smile.

“It is really special, very special,” the Raptors point guard told thestar.com. “I want to help the kids learn and to show Chris my home, the people. It was a great time for us all.”

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/200...-to-spain.html

Comment

• I don't think it's buzzkill. Bosh and Calderon had chemistry on/off the court (regardless of his ultimate decision as a free agent).

We're hoping the chemistry between DeRozan and Bargnani develops as well. But I don't think anyone is using this as an indicator of what DeRozan's long-term intentions will be.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I don't think it's buzzkill. Bosh and Calderon had chemistry on/off the court (regardless of his ultimate decision as a free agent).

We're hoping the chemistry between DeRozan and Bargnani develops as well. But I don't think anyone is using this as an indicator of what DeRozan's long-term intentions will be.
                  I just hope they do gain a bit more chemistry, because in the rare couple games where they played together, they didn't play through one another, or really didn't look for each other enough, it looked, bumpy.

The two could play together from the perimeter to the low post, it'd work really well if they established an on-court relationship, but off-court must come first.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• thats not a buzzkill cause neither Demar or andrea is a FA.

Comment

• Jose did not realize that Dwayne was a "good" friend too and CB had dabbled in acting as a hobby.

Comment

• Is demar a number one option in the NBA? No. Can he be a very good player and potentially be a 2nd or 3rd option in a very good team? Yes.

The number one thing that Demar has going for him is his work ethic, he continues to improve, people underestimate the importance of hard work, you can have all the skill in the world but if you don't keep improving everyday in this league you end your career. As long as Toronto makes him a central piece of what they are trying to do and surround him with the right coaching to keep him motivated he will improve.

In fact I can see him flourishing in the SF position, the reason why I say this is that his quickness will be enough to overwhelm other 3's in this league. As long as he can bulk up he should be able to guard down there. But he is not a 2, although he has developed a very decent mid range jumper, he still does not that have the deep range that is required to be an effective SG in this league. A SG who is not a three point threat is a tremendous liability in this league in my opinion.

With a healthy Andrea Bargnani, some added 3 point shooting on our team, this could create the spacing required for demar's game to flourish as a 2nd option. I see this happening with him at the SF though.
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• I think DeMar has a good work ethic, it's just that he is misguided. How can I put it? It's like someone not knowing how to cook being left alone in a kitchen with no supervision. He does end up cooking, maybe cooked a lot, but nothing really that's relevant because he didn't have the proper supervision. He put sh!t together but he didn't know much about the ingredients.

I think that was DeMar's case last year. He looked skinny when he showed up and he worked on his three point shooting, instead of polishing his game.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Jose seems like such a nice guy, I'd hate to see him wear another jersey, not including Spain.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• demar is hustling us, kids from compton have street smarts.......

Comment

• Why can't Demar play Small Forward?

Have heard it said many times around the forum that starting Demar at the 3 is ludicrous and preposterrous. Have also heard it said that its a very possible and legitimate move.

What do you think?

Mods - Feel free to Merge this down the line, as I'm sure there are relevant places to put it.
                                I just thought this would be an interesting Poll to get people to sound off on.

Comment

Working...
                                X