View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 11 of 256 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The iPhone/Android generation needs to slow down and not live and die on his every possession.
    Quoted for truth.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is second in scoring for the Raptors at 13.1 ppg

This is up considerably from 8.6 ppg as a rookie.

More good things to come.

The iPhone/Android generation needs to slow down and not live and die on his every possession.

Raptors Stats
    FWIW, I'm 32 and have a 5 year old samsung pay-and-talk phone.

My concerns are still there about his potential long term. Those concerns are he may not be the all-star or solid starting 2 guard everyone, myself included, had hoped for. I really do hope my concerns are all for not.

The fact he is scoring only 13.1 a game on this team is not a good thing, IMO.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    FWIW, I'm 32 and have a 5 year old samsung pay-and-talk phone.

My concerns are still there about his potential long term. Those concerns are he may not be the all-star or solid starting 2 guard everyone, myself included, had hoped for. I really do hope my concerns are all for not.

The fact he is scoring only 13.1 a game on this team is not a good thing, IMO.
    I made one pre-season prediction and that was DeRozan would average 15+ game in 10-11.

You wouldn't want to wager against that would you?

Not if you are smart 32 year old with a 5 year old Samsung

I once had a Samsung. Nice phone.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

I made one pre-season prediction and that was DeRozan would average 15+ game in 10-11.

You wouldn't want to wager against that would you?

Not if you are smart 32 year old with a 5 year old Samsung

I once had a Samsung. Nice phone.
    You are obviously missing my point and why I started the thread.

I really don't care if he averages 15 a game this year. Mike James once averaged 20 points a game for the Raptors. What does it mean? Nothing.

I'm talking about his long term potential or the ceiling for his abilities. Time will only tell. I do hope last night is a glimpse of what he can do consistently going forward.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So DeRozan scored 26 with 11 in the 4th qtr huh

and sunk 2 FTs late and we won the game huh...

checkmate !

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

checkmate?

Acie earl dropped 45 in one game.

Check your head man!

Derozan is an ok player. no more at this point, and no less.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what im talking about...he can do it,he should be our No 1 guy...he wants to be that guy...11 pts in the 4th against a contending team...he was driving to the rim with no fear,he was making shots with contact and still able to finish like a select few people can...hes everything bargs isnt....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

He's more than ok....he needs to develop that jumper and range but if you think he just ok you dont know what ur watching....the key is to improve that jumper tho...

Post Thanks / Like

So did Jamaal Wilkes

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you missed the part where I said "at this point"

I'm only being honest, he is in the bottom 5 of starting Sg's in the NBA right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed the whole post cuz its non sense if you watch last nights game you can see he is on the come up...

He closed out the game and its going to get better....and pointing out that hes not Kobe Wade is corny but hey thats YOU...
    He's in his second year and he is showing mad signs of improvment and dexterity..i see it and Triano sees it fact you dont is meaningless....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What do YOU want ? a cookie ? an ass whooping ? some attention in the matrix ? hmmmm i just wanna know ?
    You been like 0 for 12 today on posts...your batting zero on everything so far...hows about trying less to try and be eddie murphy and try a lil harder to make worthwhile posts,this forum could be better if the riff raff like yourself contributed some decent b ball related posts once in awhile instead of trying to be that lil oild guy benny hill used to always cuff in the head....

chop chop !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    I know what im talking about...he can do it,he should be our No 1 guy...he wants to be that guy...11 pts in the 4th against a contending team...he was driving to the rim with no fear,he was making shots with contact and still able to finish like a select few people can...hes everything bargs isnt....
    Can he do it night in and night out and this high level? That is my question.

He made the shots last night but many of the games I've seen this season, he has not been able to take the contact and finish. I am not trying to start a debate because I really do hope you are right. It will most likely take the rest of this season to get any idea on what his future potential and role with the Raptors will be.

Again, I do hope you are right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    I guess you missed the part where I said "at this point"

I'm only being honest, he is in the bottom 5 of starting Sg's in the NBA right now.
    +1

Most definitely agree 'at this point'. I hope last night was a glimpse of the future.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    I missed the whole post cuz its non sense if you watch last nights game you can see he is on the come up...

He closed out the game and its going to get better....and pointing out that hes not Kobe Wade is corny but hey thats YOU...
    He's in his second year and he is showing mad signs of improvment and dexterity..i see it and Triano sees it fact you dont is meaningless....
    Dude, dont be an idiot.

You like demar, and that is overshadowing your views on him. He is a solid player and will grow into a fine, standup player.

He is averaging 13 points per game as a starter. Do i think that number will improve? Yes. Do I think he is at that point yet? No.

He scored 26 in one game, dont make it seem like he averages that, when infact its half of that.

Could you please calm down, and stop fussing. Jeez, you sound like a 12 year old. Be mature.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Dude, dont be an idiot.

You like demar, and that is overshadowing your views on him. He is a solid player and will grow into a fine, standup player.

He is averaging 13 points per game as a starter. Do i think that number will improve? Yes. Do I think he is at that point yet? No.

He scored 26 in one game, dont make it seem like he averages that, when infact its half of that.

Could you please calm down, and stop fussing. Jeez, you sound like a 12 year old. Be mature.
    If you want to see mature, check this. (watchout for his reply)

Andrea Bargnani is a great player, he is the best center in the NBA. I am an Italian white guy.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, if D10 continues his improvement and consistent play as of late, you may or may not want to take him out of the 'bottom 5 starting SG' and place him in the mid range area... I like the fact that he's getting to the line AND he's getting calls from the zebras. It's establishing the fact that he's aggressive and that's good. I hope continues, we need all the help we can get...
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post
    IMO, if D10 continues his improvement and consistent play as of late, you may or may not want to take him out of the 'bottom 5 starting SG' and place him in the mid range area... I like the fact that he's getting to the line AND he's getting calls from the zebras. It's establishing the fact that he's aggressive and that's good. I hope continues, we need all the help we can get...
    He is going to improve for sure. But those expecting him to be great are going to get very disappointed. I already said this in the other DeRozan thread, he will be good. Not now though, maybe in 2 or 3 seasons, and even then I don't think he will reach all-star caliber or be a good closer...

Btw, he's third on the team in free-throws made.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more impressed with his improving defense, rebounding and playmaking. He doesn't need to score a ton if he can play solid defence and wear down the opposing SG. He's not there yet, but he actually looks like one of those guys who is dedicated to living up to his potential.

Do I think he's going to average 20 a game? No. But I'll take a solid 15-17, 5-7 rebs, 3-4 assists with solid defence.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been saying it forever, if DD makes jumpers he will be an elite scorer. Last night was no fluke: he came out and hit two midranged jumpers. His man had to play him tighter and he dominated him. Expect these games from him more and more often as his jumper gets more consistent and I could see them being common by the end of the season.

15-17, 5-7 rebs, 3-4

Man, it he puts up 17/7/4 he'll be in the top 40 players in the NBA in all three categories. Those are all-star numbers.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Page 11 of 256 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread Information