Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Talking in terms of skills based currency dawg, expand your linguistic horizons and you will encounter such wonderful concepts such as metaphors, allegories, simlies, and everyones favorite, soliloquies (not 100% on the spelling on that one lol)
    In my opinion you misused the term entirely.

I don't want to expand my mind into incorrect usage of terms.

As far as expanding ones mind. Lets just say, G-d bless my first wife
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      You know when people were drooling all over Steph Curry, Brandon Jennings and Ty Evans last season? Did you know all 3 dudes were the focal point of their respective teams? All 3 took the most shots on their respective teams. That's how you get better - you get more oppourtunities, are allowed to play through the mistakes and hopefully you learn from it to become a stronger and better player. Last year, DeRozan was probably the last option on offense and played roughly 20 minutes. He didn't really have any responsibilities. This year, he's getting more oppourtunties and he's performing better. Just give it time.
      Jennings had a 55 point game in November.

Tyreke averaged 20/5/5 from the beginning of the season pretty much on.

DD is getting his opportunity this year AFTER a year in the league. I'm not seeing it. When he does get to the rim - usually off the spin he frequently does - he can't finish. He hangs, waits, throws it off the rim.

I know it is 7 games in but I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Really good players make it look easy. DD looks like he is working his ass off for everything with little to show for it.
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 9, 2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        In my opinion you misused the term entirely.

As far as expanding ones mind. Lets just say, G-d bless my first wife
        Hahahh, that was awesome man

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Jennings had a 55 point game in November.

Tyreke averaged 20/5/5 from the beginning of the season pretty much on.

DD is getting his opportunity this year AFTER a year in the league. I'm not seeing it. When he does get to the rim - usually off the spin he frequently does - he can't finish. He hangs, waits, throws it off the rim.

I know it is 7 games in but I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Really good players make it look easy. DD looks like he is working his ass off for everything with little to show for it.
          No one said that DeRozan would make an immediate impact. Some players take longer to develop than others. It bothers me when some people say that the Raptors should have taken Jennings because he had a better rookie season. Really, who cares? ROn Mercer had a MUCH better rookie season than Tracy McGrady did, but I'm pretty sure McGrady had the better career.

DeRozan is a project who has struggled at times, but shown improvement in many areas. Enough to be encouraged about. The guy is 21 years old and going into his second year in the league. I'm willing to be a little patient as long as I see progress, and I do.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• DD looked very good in Sac and vs LAL but left his game at his parents place. He hasn't been aggressive since. But what he showed in those 2 games gave me some serious hope for this cat.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• relax he's just 21, there's much u haven't seen yet

Comment

• As long as he won't be the next Bargnani- we wait, and wait....and wait some more, growing increasingly frustrated year after year as he makes the smallest of improvements but still not nearly enough.

Comment

Anyone else worried about DeRozan for the future?
                  Demar for future?? In what Caliber ? As a starter, no, not really!! He is on par to be a decent starter in this league.

But if someone thought that Demar is the future star of Raptors then they show be worried about their own mental health and not Demar.

Comment

I guess I am being overly critical. My fear is the team is building around a guy who could be a Ronnie Brewer.
                    Ronnie Brewer is a defensive genius. DeRozan doesn't do anything well. Even as a complementary scorer he is below average because he cannot shoot and cannot handle it well enough to score in traffic.

Comment

• Don't base his future on his stats so far this season. Two games ago he was averaging almost 16 ppg on 50% FG. Stats don't mean anything (at least for DeMar) at this point in the season. Bring up stats when the all-star break is around the corner.

Comment

• If he doesn't develop a consistent jump shot then he will end up like Nick Young in 2 years.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          If he doesn't develop a consistent jump shot then he will end up like Nick Young in 2 years.
                          If he doesn't develop a consistent jump shot, it would be extremely odd considering how much he apparently works on his game. I would be shocked, in fact, if he's not a half decent jump shooter by his third season. Its really not that hard a skill to learn.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I've said it before - and I will say it again - he is the next FRED JONES - a good athlete with a boat load of unrealized potential. He will never be a star in this league - at best a decent rotational player.

On a side note - why are Raptors fans so patient - "ohh just wait Bargnani will be star" - really - when is that going to happen - it has been 7 freakin years. Same goes with him learning how to rebound or play defence - don't hold your breath. Is Jack all of a sudden going to get quicker and learn you to pass - I don't think so!

The Raptors need to start drafting great players - and stop drafting potential!!!!
                            Last edited by black angus; Wed Nov 10, 2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              If he doesn't develop a consistent jump shot, it would be extremely odd considering how much he apparently works on his game. I would be shocked, in fact, if he's not a half decent jump shooter by his third season. Its really not that hard a skill to learn.
                              There are many athletic guys who have little or no ball skills or hoops IQ who come through the league. Every year brings new ones in. For every Jordan, who possessed ball skills, astronomical hoops IQ, and could run and jump like a deer, there are at least 50 DeRozans, who lack anything but the speed and leaping ability.

With his talent, the best he could likely hope for is a Doug Christie type role, but he doesn't seem to have Christie's defensive instincts, and I doubt he'll ever be able to shoot from long range.

No great players ever take longer than a couple years to develop, and I don't see any improvement so far.

Comment

• Give him time. Evans? is that the number two pick this year who plays for Philadelphia? I can't remembeer. Anyway there is a lot of talk about how he will take 4 or 5 years to develop and become a star in the NBA. Taking time is normal and if there is potential then coaches and GM's need to make sure that they have coaches working with these individuals non-stop. The thing I like most about DeRozan is his will to get better. He works out very hard. Even at the beginning of last year he showed up to training camp as a rookie with 10-15 extra pounds of muscle on him. He worked hard all summer and will continue to do so because he will never be happy with where he is at.

Comment

Working...
                                X