View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3533

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    DeMar looking pretty good working on his 3 pt shot:

http://instagram.com/p/eYkhQLRAGD/#
    It seems to be more of a "set shot" than a traditional jump shot (unless that's just because his legs are tired).

But either way, looks pretty smooth.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is keeping his weight forward and he is not allowing his core to move backward now, this is a really good thing. Hope he see's the results.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It seems to be more of a "set shot" than a traditional jump shot (unless that's just because his legs are tired).

But either way, looks pretty smooth.
    Release looks great.

Not sure about the ability to get it off in a game with anyone near. Hopefully just working on mechanics/release/follow through.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to get excited... If DeMar can hit anywhere near 35% from 3, the spacing is going to be a lot better.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again, Demar showing signs that he is stepping his game up to meet the demands of the team. He is a rare specimen that has loyalty and wants to win!

Definitely someone that a Toronto fan should respect.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Just what would the right circumstance be though? What should your ideal second option on offense be able to do which DeMar is capable of? In my mind going into the post as the second option on offense would be ideal. It's a higher percentage area to score from and would create the balance you spoke of. It's one thing if you have elite type scorers like Durrant/Westbrook or LBJ/Wade scoring and allowing the bigs to clean up, but if your first and second options on offense have yet to sniff and All Star game wouldn't there be more balance with spreading the offense inside and out? Also would make Novak more useful. Thoughts?
    I think it would be a team with good shooters (for their positions) all around him. And that team would also lack a secondary shot creator because most of its roster are catch and shoot players and pick and roll finishers.
    I think Atlanta would be a good fit for him, for example. Especially if Lou Williams doesn't come back to his pre injury form.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, its DeRozan not Derozan.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar DeRozan 4 Caps in his name thats pretty awesome.

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

demar derozan.... I'm sure you know what im sayin right..... so yeah, don't be that guy

Raptors Republic All-Star lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    DeMar looking pretty good working on his 3 pt shot:

http://instagram.com/p/eYkhQLRAGD/#
    ohmagod that was sooo cute
    leggo DeMar!!! get those shots up in the air
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    dat Atlantic division dominance

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to trying to be negative, but I don't think everyone should get their hopes too high because of an IG video.

It was only 5 shots in a row. Hell, I can make 5 in a row any day and I'm not that great a shooter.

Hope I'm wrong though. Stating the obvious but him being a three-point threat is deadly.

Raptors Republic All-Star lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

found a new mix ... Enjoy
    getting excited, can't wait 2014's our year people<3

..those last few sentences that rudy demar and coach said at the end hope their true<3
    '' we play how we've been playin lately, no body can beat us, we can play with anybody in this leauge, now if we just started off the season like that, who know where we'll be right now''
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Fri Sep 20th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    dat Atlantic division dominance

Post Thanks / Like

I love when people on this forum talk like they're as good as someone in the NBA.

No one here can drain 5 in a row from 23+ feet out.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

14. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

well, as per said video, hit the gym and we might be able to do it... lol

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    I love when people on this forum talk like they're as good as someone in the NBA.
    Clearly you're talking to me so I'll engage. Btw I never implied that I'm anywhere near NBA talent.

And you know that how..? Do we know each other on a personal level?
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

17. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright folks, If you can make five NBA distance three pointers please film it and post it here.
    Isaac believes in you.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Starter charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Isaac on this one. 5 in a row when you are hot is not that much of a big deal.

20. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can...and I have. Not very often, but I've done it.

Now put me in a game with a hand in my face and I'll be lucky to hit 1 out of 5

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, making some uncontested, in rhythm practice shots in a row doesn't mean the player is a good in-game shooter.
    It's better than not making shots in practice, at least there's hope. But if you played basketball a lot as a kid, or if you had a strong HS basketball program, you probably have seen a few really good practice shooters.

Btw, all you have to do is watch pre-draft workouts. They are always full of people who can shoot incredibly well against chair defense. For example, look at this Colton Iverson video:

Start at 1:10 for a sequence of 3s, or just watch the entire video, he takes a lot of 3s and long 2s. It's like watching the next Dirk Nowitzki. But this is a workout; the game is different. You don't know if and when you'll get to shoot in game, you'll have people flying at you trying to contest those shots, and there's more pressure too. Colton Iverson is someone who has never taken a 3pt shot in his 4 year college career and only took 9 mid range shots last season. He's an under-60% free throw shooter too.

23. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Not to trying to be negative, but I don't think everyone should get their hopes too high because of an IG video.

It was only 5 shots in a row. Hell, I can make 5 in a row any day and I'm not that great a shooter.

Hope I'm wrong though. Stating the obvious but him being a three-point threat is deadly.
    Well, what exactly are you trying to do? Nobody's going all gaga over the video, only saying the video shows him working at his 3 pt shooting, and that his stroke looks better/smoother. WTF man? Would you prefer to re-live one of the many bitch sessions of how poor a 3 pt shooter he is, and will always be?

Thread Information