View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 133 of 244 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 4869

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    I somewhat share your frustration with the view from numerous posters about DeMar, but you gotta end this hissy fit, man
    It's not a hissy fit, I changed my mind. Now that I actually think about it, there's no way this team is going to ever win anything with a guy like DD making so much money.

Maybe if he only cost 5-6M but 9.5 is just way too much for what he does.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    It's not a hissy fit, I changed my mind. Now that I actually think about it, there's no way this team is going to ever win anything with a guy like DD making so much money.

Maybe if he only cost 5-6M but 9.5 is just way too much for what he does.
    No way man. The more I think about, his contract is a steal. He is only scraping the surface of his potential despite his 4 years in the league. He works hard, he loves Toronto. He can destroy smaller SG's in the post.

Granted he has not played a game on that contract yet but I think Raps really lucked out.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

3. Like lilmamba_, Puffer liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No way man. The more I think about, his contract is a steal. He is only scraping the surface of his potential despite his 4 years in the league. He works hard, he loves Toronto. He can destroy smaller SG's in the post.

Granted he has not played a game on that contract yet but I think Raps really lucked out.
    Touche

5. Like wallz, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    And you guys convinced me otherwise, he's overpaid and needs to go.
    If you're going to cry uncle, at least get it right. We haven't all been saying that Demar needs to go, just that the roster construction with limited, overpaid players, like DD and Gay, is flawed.

Moving either DD or Gay for a shooting wing with less salary should be your petulant posts.

7. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I love the games within games.

9. Like Joey liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    If you're going to cry uncle, at least get it right. We haven't all been saying that Demar needs to go, just that the roster construction with limited, overpaid players, like DD and Gay, is flawed.

Moving either DD or Gay for a shooting wing with less salary should be your petulant posts.
    Only issue is I don't think DD has enough value to get anything in return other than bad contracts or maybe an expiring at best.

DD for Stuckey, call it an offseason.

Post Thanks / Like

This guy's videos should always be posted automatically to each players thread.

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The video said "upload from Hasan Alanam" but I thought it said Hassan Adams for a second...bad flashbacks at the Hassassin's time with the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    This guy's videos should always be posted automatically to each players thread.

DeMar was straight flexin in that game Knicks could not fuck with him or keep him out of the paint... He also had no real fear of Chandler one of the best defending bigs in the league got him on so many lil fakes, that last score off the JV asisst was so pretty.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SB Nation: is this the year DeRozan finally gets recognized?

DeRozan's post game came to the fore a year ago, partially the product of time spent with Hall of Famer Gary Payton. An L.A. native, it's no secret that DeRozan emulates his idol Kobe Bryant, but he's also studied guys like Andre Miller in the post. Now he couldn't be more sure of himself in those situations.

"I know if I can get a player in the air that I can get a foul or get a layup," DeRozan said.
    Casey credits DeRozan's maturity and his approach, saying that he treats every possession like it's the last two minutes of the fourth quarter. The coach has seen his shooting guard grow up since taking over the team two years ago. DeRozan's heading into his fifth season and, even if he's still learning himself, he's setting an example for others with his work ethic.

"That's why it's so hard when people talk about, ‘This guy's going to come in and take over the league,'" Casey said. "No, it doesn't happen overnight. It's a four-year process, a five-year process when you get a guy out of college. It's very rare a guy comes in and dominates and knows what it takes to dominate because he doesn't have life experiences to go through it. And that's where DeMar is and it's good to see."

"I definitely feel more comfortable than ever," DeRozan said.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/...preseason-2013

Yeah yeah, it's preseason.. but he's still garnering attention with his strong play.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/...preseason-2013

Yeah yeah, it's preseason.. but he's still garnering attention with his strong play.
    Garnering attention but it still needs to be noted it is preseason and the end of last season was, well, the end of the season.... #AprilFoolsGold

I'm rooting for him though. I hope he shows he has finally 'put it together'.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he treats every possession like it's the last two minutes of the fourth quarter
    That's a very important point, and I'm glad it was communicated to DeRozan (and hopefully the whole team). Possessions in the 1st 5 minutes of the game aren't any less important than possessions in the last 5 mins.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Garnering attention but it still needs to be noted it is preseason and the end of last season was, well, the end of the season.... #AprilFoolsGold

I'm rooting for him though. I hope he shows he has finally 'put it together'.
    The single biggest issue for me (and he isn't the only offender on this team) is his lack of consistency. He has way too many games where he is not good or flat out disappears. That will happen 4-5 times a year, but it can't happen every fourth or fifth game.

If he cleans that up, it will make a big difference for the team and I think it would vastly improve his productivity even if he didn't have the massive 30-pt games.

18. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good watch:

20. Like Rapstor4Life, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From what i've seen, what makes him so different this year than years past is he's making everything looks so effortlessly. He's very efficient scoring the ball. Decision making is superb. He knows what to do whenever he gets the ball. Like i said, he just looks like a different player this year its crazy.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

22. Like Puffer, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    From what i've seen, what makes him so different this year than years past is he's making everything looks so effortlessly. He's very efficient scoring the ball. Decision making is superb. He knows what to do whenever he gets the ball. Like i said, he just looks like a different player this year its crazy.
    Hopefully that doesn't change when the season starts and games start to matter. Some guys just can't play as well under pressure

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great watch DeMar nice seeing him in the relaxed setting with his little girl and fiancee. its beautiful.

25. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Great watch DeMar nice seeing him in the relaxed setting with his little girl and fiancee. its beautiful.
    Agreed. I liked the part where he was discussing the shot clock, and how he rarely needs to look at it since he now has the habit of listening for Kiara shouting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This bodes well: I don't know where I saw it, but in reference to the defensive focus this year, DeMar is quoted as not only paying the usual lip service to defense, but saying that coach Casey is making it FUN to focus on defense. Man, if Casey has managed to get the whole team thinking like that, this could be a fun season.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know we've talked about how confident DD looks on the court this year, but even in his interviews he seems a lot more confident. He's not answering every question with "It's definitely big." Dude's got some serious swagger now and its nice to see.

29. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
Page 133 of 244 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast

Thread Information