View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    1 1.49%
  • B

    18 26.87%
  • C

    40 59.70%
  • D

    8 11.94%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 136 of 254 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

  1. #2701
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeMar is a G he'd do well.

  2. #2702
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Demar looks like he ll net us both of those first picks Charlotte has.... What do you guys like? Demar or 2 first round picks from Charlotte?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #2703
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    Demar looks like he ll net us both of those first picks Charlotte has.... What do you guys like? Demar or 2 first round picks from Charlotte?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    If those picks are lottery picks, they are more valuable than the whole Raptor team

  4. #2704
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    If those picks are lottery picks, they are more valuable than the whole Raptor team
    Neither of them are lottery picks.

    One is the Blazers pick iirc (top 12 protected), that team looks to be on track to win 50+ games this year.
    The other is the Pistons pick (top 8 protected), who are currently in the playoff picture (and Toronto trading DD would only make it easier for DET to get in).

    So in all likelihood the picks would be like 16th and 24th or so.

  5. #2705
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Neither of them are lottery picks.

    One is the Blazers pick iirc (top 12 protected), that team looks to be on track to win 50+ games this year.
    The other is the Pistons pick (top 8 protected), who are currently in the playoff picture (and Toronto trading DD would only make it easier for DET to get in).

    So in all likelihood the picks would be like 16th and 24th or so.
    Ahh I see. I think Demar can net more than that IMO. Ujiri is THE master manipulator

  6. #2706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Ahh I see. I think Demar can net more than that IMO. Ujiri is THE master manipulator
    I don't think DD is a player that we should be actively seeking to trade. If a great offer comes along, sure, take it. But it's not like he has to be shipped out in order for us to rebuild.

  7. Like Puffer liked this post
  8. #2707
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    I don't think DD is a player that we should be actively seeking to trade. If a great offer comes along, sure, take it. But it's not like he has to be shipped out in order for us to rebuild.
    Agreed. But with his stock high as ever right now, Ujiri might get some enticing offers

  9. #2708
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    I don't think DD is a player that we should be actively seeking to trade. If a great offer comes along, sure, take it. But it's not like he has to be shipped out in order for us to rebuild.
    You're right. I guess; But the possibility of the "13 game" phenomena repeating itself scares me... Cash in while we are at it. May be its just me. It was the same with Amit. Not sure if Amir's stock is as high as it once was


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  11. #2709
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    You're right. I guess; But the possibility of the "13 game" phenomena repeating itself scares me... Cash in while we are at it. May be its just me. It was the same with Amit. Not sure if Amir's stock is as high as it once was


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sending out DD when his value is at its highest is a definite must for the Raps, because he just isn't the type of player we need to build a franchise around. If we can turn him into some prospects that would be wonderful

    As for Amir, he brings a lot to the Raptors, much more than what we could possibly get from trading him.

  12. #2710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Sending out DD when his value is at its highest is a definite must for the Raps, because he just isn't the type of player we need to build a franchise around. If we can turn him into some prospects that would be wonderful

    As for Amir, he brings a lot to the Raptors, much more than what we could possibly get from trading him.
    So we should flip every player we get that isn't a franchise player for prospects? You realize eventually we would need to pay those prospects right?

    I think we should keep DeMar unless it's a can't miss offer. I don't like the idea of completely blowing up the team just because DD (or Amir even) isn't on a rookie-scale deal. He's a starter and a legitimate #2 or #3 option on a contender and is paid as such. Having him here would limit the amount of time we have to spend rebuilding, because we have one less thing to worry about when re-constructing the team. Theoretically, if you were able to move Gay and Lowry, with DD, Val, Ross and Amir in tow, you'd only have to concern yourself with getting a franchise guy at the 1 or 3 via the draft (and conveniently 5 of the top 6 prospects play those positions), and a starter/near all-star type guy at the other position. Then it's about building with those guys.

  13. Like Puffer liked this post
  14. #2711
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    So we should flip every player we get that isn't a franchise player for prospects? You realize eventually we would need to pay those prospects right?

    I think we should keep DeMar unless it's a can't miss offer. I don't like the idea of completely blowing up the team just because DD (or Amir even) isn't on a rookie-scale deal. He's a starter and a legitimate #2 or #3 option on a contender and is paid as such. Having him here would limit the amount of time we have to spend rebuilding, because we have one less thing to worry about when re-constructing the team. Theoretically, if you were able to move Gay and Lowry, with DD, Val, Ross and Amir in tow, you'd only have to concern yourself with getting a franchise guy at the 1 or 3 via the draft (and conveniently 5 of the top 6 prospects play those positions), and a starter/near all-star type guy at the other position. Then it's about building with those guys.
    Hooray, you quoted me and argued a point that I didn't even mention

    Seriously DD's best use to the franchise right now is to bring in better pieces. He has a role in the league, but not for the where the Raptors want to be in the future.

  15. #2712
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Hooray, you quoted me and argued a point that I didn't even mention

    Seriously DD's best use to the franchise right now is to bring in better pieces. He has a role in the league, but not for the where the Raptors want to be in the future.
    You mentioned turning him into prospects because he's not a franchise player.

  16. #2713
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Hooray, you quoted me and argued a point that I didn't even mention

    Seriously DD's best use to the franchise right now is to bring in better pieces. He has a role in the league, but not for the where the Raptors want to be in the future.
    Funny how that happens.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  17. #2714
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    ...If we can turn him into some prospects that would be wonderful...
    Here's the thing. If DD can keep producing at even 80% of the rate he has for the last five games, why would you want "prospects" instead? A player is a prospect because you don't know what he is going to give you. If Dd can put up another 4-5 games like the last 5 (or even close) then he is one of the pieces you keep, because who is going to give you something better? Maybe a team that is desperate to win, and is in a position to trade a young "sure thing" player that hasn't quite hit their stride. But how may of those are there? A team willing to trade a couple of mid draft picks wouldn't cut it.

    If DD can come close to producing what he has for the last five on a consistent basis then he is one of your pieces moving forward. So then you have JV, DD, Ross Amir and Fields. You need a really good PG (near all-star level) and a really good PF and a good wing and there is your 8 man rotation.

  18. #2715
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    So we should flip every player we get that isn't a franchise player for prospects? You realize eventually we would need to pay those prospects right?

    I think we should keep DeMar unless it's a can't miss offer. I don't like the idea of completely blowing up the team just because DD (or Amir even) isn't on a rookie-scale deal. He's a starter and a legitimate #2 or #3 option on a contender and is paid as such. Having him here would limit the amount of time we have to spend rebuilding, because we have one less thing to worry about when re-constructing the team. Theoretically, if you were able to move Gay and Lowry, with DD, Val, Ross and Amir in tow, you'd only have to concern yourself with getting a franchise guy at the 1 or 3 via the draft (and conveniently 5 of the top 6 prospects play those positions), and a starter/near all-star type guy at the other position. Then it's about building with those guys.
    Ha, I didn't read this before I posted my reply to an earlier post. Could have saved some typing. Agree except I would rather target a PF than a SF.

  19. #2716
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    somebody's gotta take DeRozans heart and inject it into the entire team.... guy wants better so sad he goes hard and the team doent match his mindset.

  20. #2717
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Kid is going IN. join the club Gay or get traded.

  21. #2718
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://www.raptorscage.ca/toronto-ra...-gay-co-exist/

    The conclusion we’re coming to when showing the graphs, is when either DeMar or Rudy is having a good game, the other tends to struggle. If this is the trend that will follow throughout the season, it’s going to be a major problem for the offense. It becomes a, “whoever gets hot first, is the main guy that night” between Rudy and DeMar. No consistency whatsoever, and despite Rudy and DeMar saying that they don’t “take turns,” it will eventually become that. This type of mentality takes away from guys like Amir, JV, Kyle Lowry, and Terrence Ross. Now, if a guy like Landry Fields were to be the partner for DeMar or Rudy, I’m sure there wouldn’t be such a major gap between production. A guy like Landry Fields shoots within the offense, and cuts without the ball. This allows more ball movement, efficient shooting, consistent production, and more touches for guys on the team.

  22. #2719
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think a lot of people don't remember/realize that DeMar DeRozan was supposed to be a long-term project when he was drafted. The guy didn't really come into the league with a whole lot of refined skills. He's made significant improvements in several areas to the point where he could legitimately be a #2 or #3 scoring option on a contending team.

    I certainly hope we're past the days of people calling DeMar a "below average" player.

  23. Like S.R., Joey, Rapstor4Life, p00ka liked this post
  24. #2720
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ESPN listing Demar as one of the top over achievers on the year:

    DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
    WARP: 1.49 over projection
    Long despised by analytics, DeRozan's game has become more efficient thanks to improved shot selection and playmaking. More of his shot attempts have come from behind the arc, and while DeRozan's stroke is still inconsistent, he is shooting the 3 at a career-high rate (33 percent). His assist rate is also a career best, and two of his three highest assist totals for the season have come since the Raptors traded Rudy Gay to the Kings. DeRozan is not a star, but he has become a truly productive player.

Page 136 of 254 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •