View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 17 of 258 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe weems or derozen could benefit from a stretch in the D league....

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Thta is just making an excuse !!! There were few plays in this game that set the tone and changed the game :

1) When Amir was on the court and Garnet had to dunk ( score was around 40-32) on two very similar posessions. Instead of Knocking Garnet to floor or going after him on the other end, Amir acted like a little shy boy and took it. He was totally lost on the defence on those 2 play.

2) Kleiza and DD went for two Dunks and were knocked down to floor by Robinson and Allen. No easy basket bitches !! you want to Dunk on me, I am gonna Knock you ASS DOWN !!!

3) Calderon had a turn over and Allen stole it,instead of runing back and knocking Allen Down on his ASS ( Just the way Allen did with DD), Raptors put their head down and let the guy go for easy Dunk !!!

These plays have nothing to do with experience, They have to do with Having HEART, BALLS and COURAGE.
    #3 is spot on. I was yelling at the tv.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weems/derozan are not the same player!!!

Please stop comparing the two players--sonny is a d-leaguer in disguise, demar is a blue chipper...

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

"maybe weems or derozen could benefit from a stretch in the D league..."

Brilliant. Send them down. They still need to grow up.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT?! DLEAGUE. wow, just wow.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thta is just making an excuse !!! There were few plays in this game that set the tone and changed the game :

1) When Amir was on the court and Garnet had to dunk ( score was around 40-32) on two very similar posessions. Instead of Knocking Garnet to floor or going after him on the other end, Amir acted like a little shy boy and took it. He was totally lost on the defence on those 2 play.

2) Kleiza and DD went for two Dunks and were knocked down to floor by Robinson and Allen. No easy basket bitches !! you want to Dunk on me, I am gonna Knock you ASS DOWN !!!

3) Calderon had a turn over and Allen stole it,instead of runing back and knocking Allen Down on his ASS ( Just the way Allen did with DD), Raptors put their head down and let the guy go for easy Dunk !!!

These plays have nothing to do with experience, They have to do with Having HEART, BALLS and COURAGE.
    You don't just go around attempting to knock people on their butt.

You have to know who it is that you want to put down and where it is where you want to put them down.

I doubt that even a tough talking dude like you would be dumb enough to into Harlem N.Y. and knock some 6'5" 270 mean looking dude on his butt, just because he knocked you over fighting for a seat on the Subway.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    I hadn't thought about it until this point but that's not a bad idea. I watched the game so I could see Alabi and Davis play last night and those two could get some good time in and gain some confidence. It might be too early to go that route but it's not a bad idea if things keep going this way. I will tell you one thing about that league, there is no such thing as defense. It was ugly! Most of the guards think they're still going to make it to the NBA and are trying to show it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post

You don't just go around attempting to knock people on their butt.

Did I suggest in any shape or form you do that ??!!

You have to know who it is that you want to put down and where it is where you want to put them down.
    No, you DO NOT !!! But you can atleast play the same way that the other team is playing aganinst you.

When a 5'9" little thug knocks you to the floor or a 38 year old Allen knocks you down in your way to lay up, then you can atleast return the favour and knock him down in his way to a lay off.

I bet he would think twice before kocking you down again. If you DON'T, then you will be bullied and pushed around like a little boy on a school yard.

I doubt that even a tough talking dude like you would be dumb enough to into Harlem N.Y. and knock some 6'5" 270 mean looking dude on his butt, just because he knocked you over fighting for a seat on the Subway.
    As far as I could tell, we were in the Baketball court and everyone was almost same size
    I did not know Raptor players were little 5'7" boys, playing 6'9" Celtic guys in the middle of tough neighbourhood of Boston !!!

It is freaking Basketball. Play like they Play you.

It is little ironic that you had a post few days ago that Young GUNz are from rough area of the LA and they are tough and don't back down from anyone.

But last night, they looked like a pussy cats and went to their corner, licking their wounds when the real bully showed up.
    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sat Nov 27th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    WHAT?! DLEAGUE. wow, just wow.
    I find it hard to believe Raptors fans are delusional. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Did I suggest in any shape or form you do that ??!!

Yea, yea you did and you got caught

No, you DO NOT !!! But you can atleast play the same way that the other team is playing aganinst you.

Why do think that NBA teams with a few exception have such better home records then they do road records. What you are suggesting does not happen very often except with exceptional teams

When a 5'9" little thug knocks you to the floor or a 38 year old Allen knocks you down in your way to lay up, then you can atleast return the favour and knock him down in his way to a lay off.

What were you saying about guys 5'9"?

Go ahead and let us know who came out ahead - RFLMAO

I']I bet he would think twice before kocking you down again. If you DON'T, then you will be bullied and pushed around like a little boy on a school yard.

Sure he would, I can just see it now.:eek:It wuold be pretty messy stuff to clean up after. ouch

As far as I could tell, we were in the Baketball court and everyone was almost same size
    I did not know Raptor players were little 5'7" boys, playing 6'9" Celtic guys in the middle of tough neighbourhood of Boston !!!

It is freaking Basketball. Play like they Play you.

It is little ironic that you had a post few days ago that Young GUNz are from rough area of the LA and they are tough and don't back down from anyone.

But last night, they looked like a pussy cats and went to their corner, licking their wounds when the real bully showed up.
    Your last comment is just an attempt to get a charge out of me and is out touch with the reality of the game last night with respect to Johnson.

However, I do agree that DeMar and Sonny need to start showing more grit. I would think that they are capable of it
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Nov 27th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Your last comment is just an attempt to get a charge out of me and is out touch with the reality of the game last night with respect to Johnson.

However, I do agree that DeMar and Sonny need to start showing more grit. I would think that they are capable of it
    "Yea, yea you did and you got caught"

LOOOL, No, I did not. But you lost the argument and now trying to add rubbish and noise to it hide the real issue.

"Why do think that NBA teams with a few exception have such better home records then they do road records. What you are suggesting does not happen very often except with exceptional teams"

Are you serious ? Teams can be more aggressive at home but it does not mean they can get away with it and if you go to someone else's houe you have to act like a little boy and just take it !!! You know this but you can not admit it because then again, you are proven wrong.

Good teams play with same intensity and aggressiveness on the road and at home. They do not back down from the challenge and stand up for themself.

"Go ahead and let us know who came out ahead - RFLMAO"

Funny !! Another attemo to run away Good one though.

Demar, Sonny and Amir are fake bullies and fake tough guys. They are tough guys when the person infront of them is weaker and smaller !! If they want to be real Player in this league, they should start standing up for thmeself against the elite and do not just take it and put their head down.

Post Thanks / Like

"Yea, yea you did and you got caught"

LOOOL, No, I did not. But you lost the argument and now trying to add rubbish and noise to it hide the real issue.

"Why do think that NBA teams with a few exception have such better home records then they do road records. What you are suggesting does not happen very often except with exceptional teams"

Are you serious ? Teams can be more aggressive at home but it does not mean they can get away with it and if you go to someone else's houe you have to act like a little boy and just take it !!! You know this but you can not admit it because then again, you are proven wrong.

Good teams play with same intensity and aggressiveness on the road and at home. They do not back down from the challenge and stand up for themself.

"Go ahead and let us know who came out ahead - RFLMAO"

Funny !! Another attemo to run away Good one though.

Demar, Sonny and Amir are fake bullies and fake tough guys. They are tough guys when the person infront of them is weaker and smaller !! If they want to be real Player in this league, they should start standing up for thmeself against the elite and do not just take it and put their head down.
    The jury is still out on how tough and physical DeRozan will Weems will become but Johnson is already there and if he continue to his improve his Swag is only going to continue to grow supported by tough and good physical play.

Johnson gave as good as he got last night.

He don't back down from anyone that I know of.

He has knocked more than a few players on their wallets when they have tried to drive to the hoop on him. It doesn't mean that he is not immune to receiving an occasional facial which he has and will get in the future, but he doesn't down from rough physical play.

In fact by his words "I love physical contact" and his play he has backed up those words.

He just needs more success in the league to get more respect from the officials who tend to be more lenient with regard to calling fouls on better players to get even more physical. He is the type of player who stretch it to the max when it comes to trying to get away with sheet when he is on defense.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Weems is in his 3rd year. He can't go to the D-league.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Weems is in his 3rd year. He can't go to the D-league.
    Good point. You are correct on this.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

lol?

The Celtics were dunking all over the Raptors. Not one foul except at the end, if I recall correctly. The Raptors got knocked down pretty much every time, including on a fastbreak from behind by Allen.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the NBA not the NHL. Apart from the 3 yr. rule, DD is a lottery pick. Sending a player down after a couple of years is a sure way to demoralize him and have his value plummet as an asset at the same time. It's growing pains and these will come against the good-v. good teams more than the rest. Sonny is in his contract yr. and is feeling the pressure I believe. He is going to have to battle that demon...and calm down. Easier said I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

I think DeRozan will do a lot better on offense with Evans out of the lineup. He had 21 against Miami when Amir started.

Evans other than grabbing some offensive rebounds and an occasional good pass gets in the way more than he helps the offense.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think DeRozan will do a lot better on offense with Evans out of the lineup. He had 21 against Miami when Amir started.

Evans other than grabbing some offensive rebounds and an occasional good pass gets in the way more than he helps the offense.
    +1 When Evans is out on the court you tend to see his defender sagging off in the middle which makes it alot harder for guys like Demar and Sonny to drive to the basket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    +1 When Evans is out on the court you tend to see his defender sagging off in the middle which makes it alot harder for guys like Demar and Sonny to drive to the basket.
    Evans Offensive Rating is 100.

Johnson Offensive Rating is 113

Bosh 2009-10 Offensive Rating was 112

If you want to also compare Defensive Ratings - The lower the better

Johnson - 101
    Bosh last season - 109
    Evans - 114

http://basketballvalue.com/teamplaye...=DESC&team=TOR
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Nov 28th, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeMar Dunk

Anyone have an idea (valid ideas, i would prefer not having to read ridiculous comments on here) why DeMar DeRozan doesn't dunk on people often? or Dunk much at all? I wonder if he's too nice of a guy and doesn't carry a chip on his shoulder.

I have a hard time picturing him jump over a 7 footer for the slam. Does he just not have that killer instinct?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...1t:429,r:0,s:0

Page 17 of 258 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread Information