No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMAr should only be taking catch and shoot 3s imo I agree with Axel he shouldnt be going Steph Curry for a 3 point shot. With better 3 pointers on the floor beside him however Gay (Arguably) Novak, Lowry Ross Daye etc shouldn't he be operating more to his strengths?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      The answer is much simpler than that, only if he is wide open and his feet are set. No step backs, or pull-ups. Ok if the recipient of good ball movement and the defence is rotating. Otherwise, drives, cut and post-up.
      I agree with you.

The post to which I responded asked how many not the situation though.

But again I can't emphasize enough how much I agree with you.

One thing that has always pissed me off about DD is his refusal to shoot a 1/2 or deeper shot with just a couple of seconds. He'll hold it and/or dribble until the horn is gone and then launch it. Drives me mad. The only reason I can think of is he is thinking about %s. There is almost no chance it goes in but there IS still a chance.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I agree with you.

One thing that has always pissed me off about DD is his refusal to shoot a 1/2 or deeper shot with just a couple of seconds. He'll hold it and/or dribble until the horn is gone and then launch it. Drives me mad. The only reason I can think of is he is thinking about %s. There is almost no chance it goes in but there IS still a chance.
        Yeah, I know you were responding to the question, but the question is fundamentally wrong. There should never be a quantitative goal with regards to 3PT shooting (or any shooting really) but the goal should be on quality of looks. The only "shot" that you can have a goal for is Free Throws (or more likely, fouls drawn since and1 calls are less FTAs).

Demar needs to completely forget about 3 pointers this season. Cut, cut, then cut some more. Once you get the ball, drive. If you have the match-up, post-up. He needs to use his athleticism to his advantage. Out run, out jump, out hustle the other guy on every play.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I know you were responding to the question, but the question is fundamentally wrong. There should never be a quantitative goal with regards to 3PT shooting (or any shooting really) but the goal should be on quality of looks. The only "shot" that you can have a goal for is Free Throws (or more likely, fouls drawn since and1 calls are less FTAs).

Demar needs to completely forget about 3 pointers this season. Cut, cut, then cut some more. Once you get the ball, drive. If you have the match-up, post-up. He needs to use his athleticism to his advantage. Out run, out jump, out hustle the other guy on every play.
          This + ball movement should be the goal for DeMar and Rudy this year. I'd like to see a lot more motion in the offensive sets - hopefully fewer standing still iso's for those two, as well as those plays where a series of screens and cuts are designed to get the ball into Rudy's/DeMar's hands. You can totally tell that's the end of the play sometimes, when those guys catch if off the screen, face up, and everybody stops moving (except for Fields, who's probably making a baseline cut). That standing and holding the ball allows the defense to set, which reduces their FG% and makes getting to the rim a lot harder. Quicker decisions with the ball - attack or move it.

Otherwise, I'm also alright with DeRozan. It would be nice if his contract were a bit lower, but then it would be a great deal. It's acceptable as is, and he's a hardworking, young player at the just-below-all-star level. DeMar's not the problem - the lack of top tier all-star/franchise players on the team is the problem. DeMar could very well help a good team win games. We don't need him to be Kobe.
          Last edited by S.R.; Mon Oct 7, 2013, 01:08 PM.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

That expression really bothers me.

Just throwing it out there.

You can be skeptical or have doubts without hating the guy.

As for the top 10 SG in the league, if you are talking about top 10 scoring SG you have a great point. However there are many more facets to the game: defense, rebounding, passing, dribbling, moving without the ball to name a few. When looking at the complete package, I do think it is debatable.
            I hear you. But where is the mass of shooting guards that are superior to DeMar in numerous realms the way that DeMar is strong in multiple offensive categories? Obviously it's not an exact science, but going through multiple statistical rankings it's hard to see more than 10 SGs who are dominant over DeMar using the tools available to the layman.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              I hear you. But where is the mass of shooting guards that are superior to DeMar in numerous realms the way that DeMar is strong in multiple offensive categories? Obviously it's not an exact science, but going through multiple statistical rankings it's hard to see more than 10 SGs who are dominant over DeMar using the tools available to the layman.
              Off top of my head, I would say:

Wade
              Kobe
              Harden
              Martin
              Thompson
              Johnson
              Manu
              JR Smith
              Crawford
              Igoudala
              Evans
              Mayo
              Butler
              Healthy Lou Williams
              Healthy Gordon
              Maybe Monta
              on par with Henderson

Comment

Wade
                Kobe
                Harden
                Martin
                Thompson
                Johnson
                Manu
                JR Smith
                Crawford
                Igoudala
                Evans
                Mayo
                Butler
                Healthy Lou Williams
                Healthy Gordon
                Maybe Monta
                on par with Henderson
                I disagree with a lot of this list. My take...
                Wade
                Kobe
                Harden
                Johnson (Might retract that, since I don't think he has the mobility to defend Derozan).
                Thompson (Haven't seen much of him, but he seems to be a 3-D player)
                J.R. Smith (Unfortunately, I'll concede)
                Iguodala
                Mayo (the same level as Derozan, but I'll put him here)
                Lou Williams (too short to guard Derozan)
                Gordon (when healthy..too short to guard Derozan)
                Hayward (maybe..)
                Beal (Too short, but he might already be better).
                George
                ------------------------
                Tony Allen, Shumpert, Bradley for their potentially shut-down defense could be listed here too.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Wade
                  Kobe
                  Harden
                  Martin
                  Thompson - ?
                  Johnson - No, Joe has been on a downturn for a while
                  Manu
                  - I wish I could agree -- old age... I hope you're right on this one
                  JR Smith - what statistics are you using to mention JR?
                  Crawford
                  Igoudala - is he a sg or sf?
                  Evans
                  Mayo - last year he did less than DeMar...
                  Butler
                  Healthy Lou Williams
                  Healthy Gordon -- I don't see it, not for the past few years...
                  Maybe Monta
                  on par with Henderson
                  Man I hope I'm wrong on Manu.

Comment

I agree with you.

this drives me CRAZY too! ive been saying it for a while now, he does it every time. We should stop inbounding the ball to him in these scenerios.

Comment

Man I hope I'm wrong on Manu.

Thompson = Klay
                      Johnson = even on the decline I'd give the nod to JJ - might change after this year.
                      Manu = even old better
                      JR = points, rebounds, assists, steals, win share, WP48
                      Igoudala = SG who can play SF, like DD
                      Mayo = he scored less and more efficient, he didn't do less elsewhere
                      Lou and Eric = time will tell if time really heals all wounds

On the first go around I forgot Wes Matthews and then there are the young guards such as Beal.

Comment

Thompson = Klay --- AHHH! Okay, yeah we agree
                        Johnson = even on the decline I'd give the nod to JJ - might change after this year.
                        Manu = even old better
                        JR = points, rebounds, assists, steals, win share, WP48 --- Cool
                        Igoudala = SG who can play SF, like DD
                        Mayo = he scored less and more efficient, he didn't do less elsewhere ---it felt like he dropped off as the season moved on
                        Lou and Eric = time will tell if time really heals all wounds

On the first go around I forgot Wes Matthews and then there are the young guards such as Beal.
                        Definitely a Beal guy, but its more potential than what he is now. At present I lean towards DeMar.

Looked up OJ...His last 20 games he had no 20 point games and multiple single point games.
                        Everything else looks good. Was he injured? Beef with the coach? That anomaly has me leaning towards DeMar.

Comment

Definitely a Beal guy, but its more potential than what he is now. At present I lean towards DeMar.

Looked up OJ...His last 20 games he had no 20 point games and multiple single point games.
                          Everything else looks good. Was he injured? Beef with the coach? That anomaly has me leaning towards DeMar.
                          Yeah, should have said Beal was potential right now - but he is almost there. Beal missed a shit load of games last year but if he can put up the numbers he did last year in January, February, March on a consistent basis, he and Wall are going to be scary.

Mayo did drop. Carlisle called him out on it too. Definitely was a beef there and from Carlisle's end it was his unprofessionalism. Still, based strictly on skill and stats, I give the nod to Mayo. If you are talking about who is a better team guy and worker, then I think you go with DD every time.

Comment

• After watching the intra-squad scrimmage, and him shooting in the open gym episodes, his stroke looks almost effortless.. He shoots the 3 without effort, compared to past season where his form would go out of wack.

EDIT: Do you guys know the girl who you can hear counting down: "5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" near the end of shot-clocks? Well, DeMar was making fun of his fiancee because she's the one that counts down.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I agree with you.

Almost every player in the league who plays significant minutes does this nowadays. LeBron, Wade and Durant have even admitted to doing it. It's annoying, but in a more stat-driven league you can see why they would do it.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                                Almost every player in the league who plays significant minutes does this nowadays. LeBron, Wade and Durant have even admitted to doing it. It's annoying, but in a more stat-driven league you can see why they would do it.
                                It is still bullsh!t. I don't care who does it. It is a classic example of the individual putting themselves before the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X