View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 177 of 269 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 5367

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Ummm DeRozan's improvement has not confounded me.

I had an opinion regarding his potential that was proven to be false.

At no point have I or do I wish for DD to fail so I can be correct in my opinion.

In fact, I stated this numerous times in my posts.

I hoped to be wrong on him because whether he stayed or was subsequently traded it was in Toronto's best interests and subsequently my best interests as a fan of the team.
    Everything you say here is completely accurate and I can definitely say that you CLEARLY hoped you were wrong. You were also one of the front runners in pointing out that players RARELY improve significantly beyond their third year, centers excepted. Players rarely do improve. You are 100% right about that. And I shouldn't have said you were one of DeMar's "critics". Poor choice of words. You were one of the realists who were trying to temper expectations.

I think I clearly labelled myself a Matt52 fanboy in about my second or third week as a member of this forum. Nothings changed there.

As far as terminology, I am clearly going to have to up my game.

2. Like iblastoff, Axel, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Everything you say here is completely accurate and I can definitely say that you CLEARLY hoped you were wrong. You were also one of the front runners in pointing out that players RARELY improve significantly beyond their third year, centers excepted. Players rarely do improve. You are 100% right about that. And I shouldn't have said you were one of DeMar's "critics". Poor choice of words. You were one of the realists who were trying to temper expectations.

I think I clearly labelled myself a Matt52 fanboy in about my second or third week as a member of this forum. Nothings changed there.

As far as terminology, I am clearly going to have to up my game.
    I think critic is fair, fwiw. It is just in terms of his improvement in year five I was clearly wrong.

I think you need to use smaller words because it seems many of them confound me.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

I think you need to use smaller words because it seems many of them confound me.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, from SI:

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/02/all-spo...demar-derozan/

They think Demar may have a breakout playoffs.

No team has been overlooked like Toronto this season. There has been an obvious explanation for that: the Raptors have resided in the third spot in a two-team conference, the standings version of a giant blind spot.

There’s an anonymity factor at play with the roster as well. The Point Forward has pointed out Kyle Lowry’s All-Star snub, made a point to highlight Amir Johnson’s impact, and noted the steady, year-after-year improvement of DeMar DeRozan. Even so, this feels like a team that could be 32-42 just as easily as it is 42-32, if GM Masai Ujiri hadn’t moved out Andrea Bargnani and Rudy Gay, and if the remaining pieces hadn’t so thoroughly adopted such a committed style of play. If given the choice of Toronto’s roster, Chicago’s roster (even without Rose) or Washington’s roster or Brooklyn’s roster, it’s quite possible that the Raptors would come out fourth, on paper. That they are headed for a division title and battling with the Bulls for the third seed should merit Dwane Casey — who entered the season on the hot seat — some serious Coach of the Year consideration.

DOLLINGER: 76ers move up in Power Rankings after streak-snapping win

Lowry has become practically synonymous with “bulldog” this season, but let’s not leave DeRozan out of that equation either. In Year Five, DeRozan has rewritten his previous reputation as a raw leaper with little else going for him. The 24-year-old guard has played the third-most minutes in the league for a team that boasts a No. 7 ranked defense, and he’s turned himself into a top-10 scorer largely through will power. He’s shooting a career-best 30.1 percent from deep — which is still rough — but he’s filled out his game in other areas, registering career-highs in rebounds, assists, Player Efficiency Rating and Win Shares.

Perhaps most importantly, he’s doing exactly what a player with his physical talents (and lack of range) should do: get to the free-throw line. DeRozan currently ranks No. 5 in the league in free-throw attempts, trailing only Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin and Kevin Love. He might not have the smoothest handle or the prettiest stroke, but DeRozan deserves praise for figuring out how to maximize his usefulness in a way that takes a physical toll. It’s no easy task getting to the line more often than James Harden, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony or Paul George. One relevant point of comparison: DeRozan’s 7.4 free-throw attempts per 36 minutes blow away the 4.4 per 36 minutes put up by Gay in Toronto last season. Gay, to his credit, ranks in the top 20 in free throws this season, but imagining him getting to the free-throw line almost eight times a game, night in and night out, is a truly scary hypothetical for defenses. DeRozan, in this way, has been a scary reality for opponents.

Until he picks up his overall shooting numbers, DeRozan is bound to be short-changed as an overall threat, and rightfully so. His shot charts are awash in yellow and red, and he’s one of only three players in the league this season attempting 17 shots a night while shooting less than 44 percent (George and Kyrie Irving are the others). Some of that inefficiency can be attributed to the burden placed on him as a top option on a team without an overwhelming amount of one-on-one offensive firepower around him, but some of it is still just a need for further skill refinement.

It’s reasonable to assume that DeRozan might struggle under the weight of a defense that can gameplan for his strengths and weaknesses; it’s also reasonable to assume that his potency (he has 16 games of 30+ points this season) might catch the basketball world off-guard, creating some headlines in the process.

6. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Hey guys, from SI:

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/02/all-spo...demar-derozan/

They think Demar may have a breakout playoffs.
    Just came to post this. Demar has to be loving the attention as well. Even if they say they don't pay attention to it, I'm sure they do in a small way. And for all those people who said you can't get noticed in Toronto, its proving them wrong.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

8. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Just came to post this. Demar has to be loving the attention as well. Even if they say they don't pay attention to it, I'm sure they do in a small way. And for all those people who said you can't get noticed in Toronto, its proving them wrong.
    It is very simple: WINNING.

Winning makes you relevant.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

10. Like YoungGunRaptor, OldSkoolCool, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just went back to the first page of this thread and a poster was complaining about how Devlin was trying to give Demar the nickname 'kid dynamite' hahahah

I gotta say, for all of the flak I give Demar, 16 games of 30+ points is damn impressive

12. Like OldSkoolCool, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love for the Raps to get into the second round, possibly setting up a Derozan vs. George battle on national tv (U.S)

14. Like enlightenment, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well considering DeMar usually posts the good articles written about him on his Facebook it's safe to say they pay attention
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I just went back to the first page of this thread and a poster was complaining about how Devlin was trying to give Demar the nickname 'kid dynamite' hahahah

I gotta say, for all of the flak I give Demar, 16 games of 30+ points is damn impressive
    That's such a lame nickname lol
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    That's such a lame nickname lol
    Luckily it never caught on, lol. DeMar/DeRozan is just fine.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Luckily it never caught on, lol. DeMar/DeRozan is just fine.
    That's so true, and I've never thought about that. Both his first and last names are so cool that he really doesn't need a nickname. Very rare.

19. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    That's so true, and I've never thought about that. Both his first and last names are so cool that he really doesn't need a nickname. Very rare.
    I think the most baddass name in the nba is bismack biyombo. like i could say that over and over all day long.

21. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I am the "DD hater" on this thread...

But I think Game 1 was a showcase of pretty much everything that I dislike about his game and how many holes he really has. For Raptors sake I hope he turns it around.

23. Like CalgaryRapsFan, FoxMachine, ball4life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I know I am the "DD hater" on this thread...

But I think Game 1 was a showcase of pretty much everything that I dislike about his game and how many holes he really has. For Raptors sake I hope he turns it around.
    he was playing like the demar of previous season. we know he can do better, as obviously shown this season. lets hope that version shows up in the next game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    he was playing like the demar of previous season. we know he can do better, as obviously shown this season. lets hope that version shows up in the next game.
    Gonna be a short series if he doesn't get his shit together, because he fucking killed us today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Gonna be a short series if he doesn't get his shit together, because he fucking killed us today.
    I don't put it all on him. No one was moving on offense, making it very difficult for him to create and penetrate.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

If DeMar doesn't pick up his game Raptors will lose the series. To me, DeRozan and Lowry are key players and both need to contribute well in order to win this series. Today, Lowry contributed good but DeRozan did not hence why they lost.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    I don't put it all on him. No one was moving on offense, making it very difficult for him to create and penetrate.
    yep. no idea why we couldn't do anything on offense, unless brooklyns mostly mediocre D all of a sudden has become elite or something. it just didn't look like we could move the ball around at all. meanwhile, brooklyn was swinging it around like crazy getting an insane amount of uncontested 3s that they luckily mostly missed.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to believe that DeMar will play this bad all series, that would be crazy

- Walter White

30. Like Puffer liked this post
Page 177 of 269 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 ... LastLast

Thread Information