Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Is it me or does anyone else feel like, DeRozan > Gay?

I think DeMar is the better player.
    I'd rather have Gay as a 3rd scoring option than Demar. He's a better defender, and teams locking down on him instead of Demar tells me something about what other teams think

Comment

• 3rd?

Comment

I've been saying this for a while now.

Comment

I don't even think it's a debate worth having. Regardless of which side you're on, neither player can really be considered taht much better than the other. It's a narrow margin. It's part of the problem with the often discussed redundancy of having them, in that the redundant skills wouldn't be a big problem (or a problem at all) if one of them were actually significantly better than the other.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Nov 16, 2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• One of DeMar or Rudy needs to go IMO. Rudy is the one that i would trade. The offense just looks lethargic when both guys are on the floor.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If you want to compare DD to Gay as to who has more talent than its definitely Gay. Gay rebounds, and plays better defense. DD is only a scorer and that's it. If he's having a bad scoring night he's a liability. Remember Bargnani? Well DD is close, and is only make $500K less then what Bargnani made. What DD has over Bargnani is that he's a guard, and defense is not as critical to a guard as it is to a forward/center - but DD still doesn't do anything but score and is inefficient at it too.

If I had a vote I'd want both gone.

The reason DD is more valuable than Gay is salary. DD is way overpaid but he makes $8M less than Gay. And that is why Gay should be moved first.

Comment

• Derozan 3pt performance this season

So for the past year or so we've had a lot of people bemoaning derozan, especially his non-existent 3pt game. I've given numerous arguements against this, but for those wondering about how he's doing, these tweets from wolstat:

Ryan Wolstat @WolstatSun 21 Nov
                DeRozan on corner threes: "It's definitely big. Like they say, it's the easiest shot from the three-point line. Analytical or whatever."

Ryan Wolstat @WolstatSun 21 Nov
                DeRozan is now 10-for-16 on corner threes this season. Just 6-for-26 on other three-point attempts
                that's cumulative, so 16-42 = 38.1%. the 10-16 = 62.5%.

bemoan away.

Comment

• Increasing his trade value! Keep it up, DeMar!

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                    So for the past year or so we've had a lot of people bemoaning derozan, especially his non-existent 3pt game. I've given numerous arguements against this, but for those wondering about how he's doing, these tweets from wolstat:

that's cumulative, so 16-42 = 38.1%. the 10-16 = 62.5%.

bemoan away.
                    Good to see indeed.

I was a bemoaner. But we've seen flashes from him before. Lets see how he looks after 40 games before admitting fault.

Notice the location though? It is the corner which is 22 feet which lines up with his favourite jumpshot from above the break.

Once again it all comes down to basketball IQ for DD. If you can cash 22ft 2's, why not shift to the side where 22ft is worth 3?

Comment

• Demar is a keeper.

Period.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Good to see indeed.

I was a bemoaner. But we've seen flashes from him before. Lets see how he looks after 40 games before admitting fault.

Notice the location though? It is the corner which is 22 feet which lines up with his favourite jumpshot from above the break.

Once again it all comes down to basketball IQ for DD. If you can cash 22ft 2's, why not shift to the side where 22ft is worth 3?
                        since they asked him about it, im sure he must know about it now, esp after how he started that philly game

Comment

• " Since that game when he and Rudy Gay combined to shoot 17-for-62, DeRozan has averaged 26.8 points on 51 percent shooting, including 9-for-19 from 3-point range. "

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            " Since that game when he and Rudy Gay combined to shoot 17-for-62, DeRozan has averaged 26.8 points on 51 percent shooting, including 9-for-19 from 3-point range. "

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              " Since that game when he and Rudy Gay combined to shoot 17-for-62, DeRozan has averaged 26.8 points on 51 percent shooting, including 9-for-19 from 3-point range. "
                              That is impressive.

I want to see it sustained over 7 seasons lol

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                That is impressive.

I want to see it sustained over 7 seasons lol
                                Umm wouldn't that essentially make him Durant lol...?

Comment

Working...
                                X