No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody's gotta take DeRozans heart and inject it into the entire team.... guy wants better so sad he goes hard and the team doent match his mindset.

Comment

• Kid is going IN. join the club Gay or get traded.

Comment

• http://www.raptorscage.ca/toronto-ra...-gay-co-exist/

The conclusion we’re coming to when showing the graphs, is when either DeMar or Rudy is having a good game, the other tends to struggle. If this is the trend that will follow throughout the season, it’s going to be a major problem for the offense. It becomes a, “whoever gets hot first, is the main guy that night” between Rudy and DeMar. No consistency whatsoever, and despite Rudy and DeMar saying that they don’t “take turns,” it will eventually become that. This type of mentality takes away from guys like Amir, JV, Kyle Lowry, and Terrence Ross. Now, if a guy like Landry Fields were to be the partner for DeMar or Rudy, I’m sure there wouldn’t be such a major gap between production. A guy like Landry Fields shoots within the offense, and cuts without the ball. This allows more ball movement, efficient shooting, consistent production, and more touches for guys on the team.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I think a lot of people don't remember/realize that DeMar DeRozan was supposed to be a long-term project when he was drafted. The guy didn't really come into the league with a whole lot of refined skills. He's made significant improvements in several areas to the point where he could legitimately be a #2 or #3 scoring option on a contending team.

I certainly hope we're past the days of people calling DeMar a "below average" player.

Comment

• ESPN listing Demar as one of the top over achievers on the year:

DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
            WARP: 1.49 over projection
            Long despised by analytics, DeRozan's game has become more efficient thanks to improved shot selection and playmaking. More of his shot attempts have come from behind the arc, and while DeRozan's stroke is still inconsistent, he is shooting the 3 at a career-high rate (33 percent). His assist rate is also a career best, and two of his three highest assist totals for the season have come since the Raptors traded Rudy Gay to the Kings. DeRozan is not a star, but he has become a truly productive player.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              ESPN listing Demar as one of the top over achievers on the year:

DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
              WARP: 1.49 over projection
              Long despised by analytics, DeRozan's game has become more efficient thanks to improved shot selection and playmaking. More of his shot attempts have come from behind the arc, and while DeRozan's stroke is still inconsistent, he is shooting the 3 at a career-high rate (33 percent). His assist rate is also a career best, and two of his three highest assist totals for the season have come since the Raptors traded Rudy Gay to the Kings. DeRozan is not a star, but he has become a truly productive player.
              No question DeRozan has improved this season from the eye test.

Stats aren't really backing it up though outside the increased 3pt percentage and attempts.

Of concern of late is the last 8 games he is 7/31 for 22% and 2/17 for 12% in last 5 games.

DeRozans only 'problem' now is consistency.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                No question DeRozan has improved this season from the eye test.

Stats aren't really backing it up though outside the increased 3pt percentage and attempts.

Of concern of late is the last 8 games he is 7/31 for 22% and 2/17 for 12% in last 5 games.

DeRozans only 'problem' now is consistency.
                Time to sell high?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  Time to sell high?
                  Weren't we supposed to "sell high" back in 2011-12 or some shit?

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                    Weren't we supposed to "sell high" back in 2011-12 or some shit?
                    That would have been selling low...
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Talking fantasy here. Is trading away DeMar for Paul Millsap straight up a good deal? Need some help.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        Talking fantasy here. Is trading away DeMar for Paul Millsap straight up a good deal? Need some help.
                        Depends on what you need and who you have

Go to fantasy forums and ask same question.

Comment

• DeRozan's 3P% has been dropping like a rock.

On Nov. 26 against Brooklyn he went 4/6 and was shooting 40% on threes up to that point.

Since that game he's gone 7/35. That's 20%. His overall 3P% has dropped to 33% and he appears well on his way to regressing to the neighbourhood of his 26% career average.

I still like him - but I like him a lot better shooting 35% from deep.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Demar after the game: "I could play four more if we had to."
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• wow the starters just completely shit on DeRozan
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• huh....where is this

Comment

Working...
                                X