View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 186 of 258 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 5143

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I am the only one who thinks DeMar has improved significantly on the defensive end? I mean, he's no stopper, but he seems to do a great job of contesting shots and staying in front of his man. To be honest, DeRozan has done a great job in defending in the post, its just half the time, JV and help-side isn't coming quick enough.
    It's a team problem. The secondary rotations haven't been good this series, so JV is hesitant to leave a man who he knows will be open to get a duck in. He has to be aggressive, and his teammates have to swing down to cut off the passing lane.

But DeMar's defensive effort has been pretty good. He's still just not a particularly gifted defender though. Not laterally that quick, and not strong enough to handle a load like JJ in the post. There have been times this series where the entire BKL offensive plan has been to attack DeMar, not just with JJ, but with Anderson and Livingston as well. I think though, that the intensity level is positively affecting him and he's upped his game a bit for the playoffs...he's at least trying to lock in and have a defensive impact.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

DD didn't improve defensively JJ just had a horrible game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Like Mack North liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post

I'm basing my observations off this series, JJ has been having a great series offensively, but DeMar has been playing some solid, fundamental defence.

Post Thanks / Like

He is an average defender who hustles. But tonight the Nets stank. Game 3 they dropped 18ft floaters that went in. DD wasn't terrible game 3 but he wasn't lockdown in game 4

Post Thanks / Like

I notice Derozan constantly gets wrecked on screens trying to go over top and loses his man. He certainly tries though.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he certainly tries.

Meanwhile, in Houston......

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Disagree, a few post ups had Derozan keep with JJ
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree.
    In Masai we Trust.

10. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DD drew a nice offensive foul on JJ near the end of the game.

12. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleacher report surprisingly has demar as the third best shooting guard this year. Gave him 36 out of 40 on defensive ability and said hes one of the best isolation defenders at the shooting guard. Weird since everyone else here thinks the exact opposite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    Bleacher report surprisingly has demar as the third best shooting guard this year. Gave him 36 out of 40 on defensive ability and said hes one of the best isolation defenders at the shooting guard. Weird since everyone else here thinks the exact opposite.
    They're probably looking at his synergy stats, which show he is very good in iso's defensively, but ignores the context that all year he's been hidden on the lesser wing player defensively, with Ross and Gay taking the hard matchups.

15. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm willing to bet most people here have seen about 65 of 82 games (or more!).

I'm also willing to bet you can't say the same for B/R author.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

17. Like FoxMachine, enlightenment liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Demar Derozan

Do you have a link to this article?

And Derozans ISO d is overrated because be usually guards spot up players while Ross guards the superior scorers/ballhandlers.

His d is slightly above average to me if I take into account what I see on the court and statistics. He's not a liability and will actually do a great job defensively one on one as long as you don't ask him to guard a star player.

36/40 would suggest that he's an elite defender I think which isn't true. DeMar isn't exactly a stopper.

Raptors Republic Starter fredericklove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I am the only one who thinks DeMar has improved significantly on the defensive end? I mean, he's no stopper, but he seems to do a great job of contesting shots and staying in front of his man. To be honest, DeRozan has done a great job in defending in the post, its just half the time, JV and help-side isn't coming quick enough.
    Maybe it has to do with the matchup? Cos Demar struggles alot when defending quicker guys that try blowing by him in iso or off-the-dribble but in this series these guys he faced aren't speedy.

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from Harden most NBA players are good ISO defenders. That is why few teams run ISO. DD is average defensively - doesn't hurt doesn't help.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from Harden most NBA players are good ISO defenders. That is why few teams run ISO. DD is average defensively - doesn't hurt doesn't help.

Yeah this pretty much sums it up. I think what that article refers to though is the fact that derozan by synergy stats is the BEST ISO defender in the league.

But yeah derozan isn't a liability on d nor is he a game changer

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar played horrendous defense in the first 2 games imo. Played slightly better in the 3rd game. And I was quite surprised and impressed with his effort on D in the 4th game. Tho most of the time he was getting help from double teams, there were only a couple times where he gave up and just let his man get by him with no resistance. Huge improvement from his norm imo.
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Mon Apr 28th, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Do you have a link to this article?

And Derozans ISO d is overrated because be usually guards spot up players while Ross guards the superior scorers/ballhandlers.

His d is slightly above average to me if I take into account what I see on the court and statistics. He's not a liability and will actually do a great job defensively one on one as long as you don't ask him to guard a star player.

36/40 would suggest that he's an elite defender I think which isn't true. DeMar isn't exactly a stopper.
    Sorry I dont have a link I can't get it because I'm on my phone. But if you went to bleacher report I imagine its on the main Nba page. And I'm not saying I personally think these things either. I'd say hes about average defensively but I found it weird how highly he was rated.

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Disagree... He's playing better defence in the playoffs than we've seen all season.

Post Thanks / Like

DD is a good defender. When BKN attacks there are easier places than DD to attack. Pierce on Amir, DWill on Vasquez.

Page 186 of 258 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast

Thread Information