Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozan is the best.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      I get what you're saying, this issue has beaten to a bloody pulp but both sides have taken their shots.
      I'm sorry for calling it excuses, let me just say then that I don't agree that Demar is being "forced" into those bad situations (sometimes yes, but not all the time).
      And I know some people are pretty damn hard on Demar and seem to hold some sort of grudge against him but that's not everyone. You guys are getting mad even at the people who say Demar has improved incredibly just because they mention he could still become better and are giving their opinion as to which area he should improve on to elevate his game.

But since we can't point out flaws in a players game let's just all agree and talk about how awesome of a basketball player Demar Derozan is.
      So what have you learned here?

Phrasing matters.

If you say DeMar has a similarities to Kobe in his mid range offensive game (which is not quite accurate, but whatever, while ignoring defense and other intangibles all together) - you'll get a like.

If you say DeMar has some things to work on in his game - LOOK THE F*CK OUT!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Phrasing matters.

If you say DeMar has a similarities to Kobe in his mid range offensive game (which is not quite accurate, but whatever, while ignoring defense and other intangibles all together) - you'll get a like.

Yeah pretty much.
        But what can you do, it's the internet lol

Comment

• I'm a huge DeMar DeRozan fan. I even spell his name correctly.

I am enough of a fan to know that he has a lot of flaws, but he has improved on each every single year. Each issue checked off the checklist every year. It's very difficult to just focus on his downfalls when he has so much up.

Shoot the 3? sure.
          Pass the ball? sure.
          Facilitate plays? why not?
          League recognition? Who wouldn't respect him?
          All-star Franchise Player that Toronto will need, and will be recognized for throughout the league as a soon-to-be all-time-great that will have his face all over Toronto and beyond? Getting there.

That's probably the only criticism I can give him. Anything else is just too critical.

Comment

I get what you're saying, this issue has beaten to a bloody pulp but both sides have taken their shots.
            I'm sorry for calling it excuses, let me just say then that I don't agree that Demar is being "forced" into those bad situations (sometimes yes, but not all the time).
            And I know some people are pretty damn hard on Demar and seem to hold some sort of grudge against him but that's not everyone. You guys are getting mad even at the people who say Demar has improved incredibly just because they mention he could still become better and are giving their opinion as to which area he should improve on to elevate his game.

But since we can't point out flaws in a players game let's just all agree and talk about how awesome of a basketball player Demar Derozan is.
            Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Demar Derozan is the best.
            Man, if you want to be a snotty asshole, I'll go toe-to-toe with you. Plays to my strengths
            Last edited by p00ka; Mon Jan 6, 2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Phrasing matters.

Geezus, no surprise that a certain someone pipes in with with another lame, whiney, hard-done-by post. Maybe some buy, or tolerate, his two-faced crap on here, but I'd think a few others recognize it too. In multiple threads I see this guy praise DD out of one side of the mouth, but if someone so much as barely alludes to a critique of DD, he's all over it like a dirty shirt spouting from the other side of his mouth. But some say, hey, great job saying nice things. Sly bugger, but as transparent as a just washed window.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                Man, if you want to be a snotty asshole, I'll go toe-to-toe with you.
                Man I'm just saying, what do you want? This is a forum, people are going to have their opinions. It's ridiculous to call it "not picky bitching" when someone brings up a valid point in the most honest and respectable way they possibly can in order not to get it confused with "being a hater". That's to me is more ignorant and disrespectful than anything else.

Comment

Geezus, no surprise that a certain someone pipes in with with another lame, whiney, hard-done-by post. Maybe some buy, or tolerate, his two-faced crap on here, but I'd think a few others recognize it too. In multiple threads I see this guy praise DD out of one side of the mouth, but if someone so much as barely alludes to a critique of DD, he's all over it like a dirty shirt spouting from the other side of his mouth. But some say, hey, great job saying nice things. Sly bugger, but as transparent as a just washed window.
                  Watch out, he might mock your avatar next! Oh, right...

Maybe spend more time discussing topics and debating opinions, rather than continuing your quest of one-upsmanship against a particular poster. It's seriously getting old, especially given that he's blocked your posts already, in an attempt to put an end to this ongoing public feud. Pack up your personal vendetta as move on, please.

Comment

Mark my words, and I'll stand up and take the flack if I'm wrong, his contract will look like a hell of a bargain, if not by this year, certainly by next year.
                    His contract may not have reached "bargain" status yet, but at the very least, it's starting to look somewhat worthwhile. Hey, it's a start.

It's funny what winning can do.

Comment

• I'm just curious, can we not love a player but also be able to accept that they have flaws and can still improve their game? Is that really such a crazy thing to do? God damnit, I don't get it.

Comment

I'm just curious, can we not love a player but also be able to accept that they have flaws and can still improve their game? Is that really such a crazy thing to do? God damnit, I don't get it.
                        This is basically what the Bargnani debate came down to as well. By the end, it had very little to do with the player, and everything to do with the ridiculousness of the fans.

Comment

I'm just curious, can we not love a player but also be able to accept that they have flaws and can still improve their game? Is that really such a crazy thing to do? God damnit, I don't get it.
                          Everyone is entitled to their opinion in an internet forum. Honesty is appreciated, rationality is debated, and personal attacks are always wrong. This isn't like a bar fight where it is important to respond in kind, only harder. In this media, you can just walk away, and all that happens is that you get acknowledged as one of the big boys.

My suggestion is you ignore responses you consider overly emotional or irrational. At some point you can consider using the ignore feature. I can tell you from personal experience that then it is just like being inside a house and looking outside through the double insulated windows. You can see the weather vane spinning like mad, but the wind doesn't touch you

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Watch out, he might mock your avatar next! Oh, right...

Maybe spend more time discussing topics and debating opinions, rather than continuing your quest of one-upsmanship against a particular poster. It's seriously getting old, especially given that he's blocked your posts already, in an attempt to put an end to this ongoing public feud. Pack up your personal vendetta as move on, please.
                            There's always two sides to a coin. Just like the DeMar praises have been surrounded by an immediate jump to speak out of the other side of the mouth, the same can be said about this "feud". The proclamation of putting me on ignore is great politics, but I jumped back into this fray after getting a few backdoor insults thrown my way: comments when somebody quotes me on something that has nothing to do with him, while hiding behind the "ignore wall". Two sides, man, two sides.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              This is basically what the Bargnani debate came down to as well. By the end, it had very little to do with the player, and everything to do with the ridiculousness of the fans.
                              I was guilty on both ends

Comment

• Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X